Banana Pancakes (LDL Friendly)

Start your morning out right!
Mary J
Master Member

Re: Banana Pancakes (LDL Friendly)

Post by Mary J »

I had them again this morning too! Soooo good! Thanks for sharing this recipe. Yum!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I may blenderize some white beans to add to the mix next time.
It may make them too heavy though.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Here's a pic of my finished product. Had these for breakfast this morning! Yum Yum Yum!

LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Okay I am here to report about my experiment with these. hehe This morning I made these with three eggs, 1/2 a ripe banana and 3 TB of rinsed and drained white northern beans. The were DEEELISH!! I put my blueberry applesauce over them and man on man were they filling and good.

Now to tell you the funny part about my experiment. I made these in my magic bullet. So I went to cook the last batch of them and the last pancake had four unsmashed beans right in the middle. I just busted out laughing. :)) I saved that one for the top of the pile and ate it without any applesauce. It was still good. LOL

Jencita I just wanted to thank you again. I used to make LDL pancakes with the popcorn flour. They are also VERY tasty, however it takes a long time to pop the popcorn, make the flour and then the pancakes. Plus, I am a messy cook and it was always a pain to clean up after myself. Your pancakes have changed my world in a very positive way. So thank you again and again and again.

Linda, I haven't tried the blueberry version yet but I'm going too. They look awesome as well.

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by jencita »

So excited to see such wonderful versions and pictures of these pancakes. I make them with bananas and blueberries all the time now. I still plan on experienting some more. I will share any discoveries I make. I agree with you Little Princess - those popcorn pancakes were ok but very messy - I eat these every other day and get my pancake fix without the mess O:-)
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

This morning I woke up STARVING! I ate LDL yesterday but I did have a Dunkin Doughnuts coffee with some sugar. BAD MOVE. Anyway, this morning I decided to experiment with the pancakes again. I think I have hit on the perfect texture for me. This is what I did....

1 banana
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
cinnamon
vanilla extract

I used my magic bullet and everything just blended together. I used olive oil this morning because I couldn't find my coconut oil. It still worked just fine. These turned out PERFECT! :D I used blueberry applesauce over them and they hit the spot! I had 1/4 of a cantaloupe with them and blueberry tea. What a fabulous way to start my day!!!

I also went grocery shopping yesterday and got some coffee and half & half so I can make my own w/o sugar.

Thank GOD for LDL, Roger and all of you beautiful LDLer's who are so creative with making such fabulous recipes. I'm so blessed by you all. ((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Blessed and Loved,
LP

Post by bingo »

Good Morning everyone,, I just fixed the banana pancakes and they were Delicious ! I put blueberries in them this time, and I want to try them Just as " banana pancakes " next time. They have to be incredible too ! I put a dab of marmalade on them , and it was very good ! Thanks for sharing !! And they are LDL approved !!! :) :ymhug:
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

I have tried these a couple times, hoping the first time was just a bad day or something... But I just don't like these. Too much egg AND banana flavor for my taste and the texture was off, too. I tried them with and without blueberries and that didn't seem to make a difference either. I guess we just can't all like the same things???

Blessings...
Jo xo

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Jo,

Have you tried making them with some beans too? That makes them heavier and taste more like pancakes. Personally I LOVE LOVE LOVE these! :D I make them when I wake up really hungry. I also like them for cold weather days too. You are right though, we can't all like everything. Maybe if you left the banana out and just used beans and eggs? Let us know if you keep trying.

Blessed and Loved,
LP
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

I haven't tried them with beans. My sister gave me a recipe for pancakes make with cottage cheese and steel cut oats so I was gonna they those, but maybe I will try the bean version. :) Thanks!!

cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Interesting idea to add the beans, I can see that working quite well, and I think I will try it.

Maybe you would like them better done this way Jo. Let us know how you like your sisters version.
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

This is the recipe for the other pancakes...thinking about trying them in the morning.

Protein Pancakes:

Mix together well...
4 egg whites
½ cup steel cut oats
½ cup of low-fat cottage cheese (can blend til smooth if desired)
⅛ teaspoon of baking powder
½ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
Cook for 60 seconds each side. Yum

Can top with berries if desired. Can also use other extracts for different flavor and add cinnamon or nutmeg, maybe even cloves... Use your imagination. You could even make them savory iffen ya wanna, don't use the vanilla, add chives and top with low fat sour cream or Greek yogurt??? ;)

cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Thanks for posting the recipe Jo, I will try it.
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Ooooo thanks JO - yet another pancake recipe to try. I adore pancakes and I have to say that I do love just the egg and banana pancakes. I may try these though. They sound great!
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

The pancakes I posted above with the oats and cottage cheese...turned out great! Loved them!! Definitely going to make them again!!! Happy girl!!

Hugs
Jo xo

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I love the steel cut oats. I'm assuming you are using the already cooked outs for this, right?
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
blessed

Post by blessed »

It's that time of year, so I made these pancakes using pumpkin pie spice. Wonderful. Love these pancakes .
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Wish I would have thought of that!! I even had the pumpkin in the fridge!! #-o I will make a hot pumpkin smoothie later. I always think of Jennie when I make these. I am learning a lot about my body and food. I know I need to get peanut butter out of the house and DH has agreed with me. I had some last night and my blood sugar was 141 this morning. The only explanation is the peanut butter and SF jam on corn thins.
However, Life is good today and always.