Hot Apple Breakfast

Start your morning out right!
Tori

Hot Apple Breakfast

Post by Tori »

Well, I realized I had run out of fruit this morning except for a couple of apples. Since I am a smoothie-junkie, I was very disturbed!  :o  Sooooo, here is what I did for breakfast this morning.

1 apple, peeled and cut into chunks
Placed into bowl
Covered with about 1/2 cup orange juice. (would have preferred apple juice, but didn't have any!)
Topped with cinnamon

I stirred it all up real good, and put it in the microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes. It came out nice and warm, and very sweet! This will make a better winter night treat than a breakfast, but it worked for today since I was in a pickle! LOL
niki

Re: Hot Apple Breakfast

Post by niki »

hi tori.....press the panic button....low on fruit...low on fruit..low on fruit........
  know that panic well.....i had frozen a big bag of blueberries...i either took them out and thawed them out a little and ate them...or i was bringing them to work and putting them in a bowl with frozen bananas, microwaved them and put a little cinnamon on it all...i love it like that....my aunt mary's tried and true recipe for blueberry pie(one of many things she was famous for)had cinnamon in it...that's what gave me the idea..i like fruit warmed up like that....even now when it's hot.......niki
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Tori,
That was yummy...There was a little chill in the chicago air and I couldnt face a smoothie till a little later.  I loved warm apple and cinnamon for breakfast.  A small box of raisins on top added a nice touch to it!!!!
My nice warm belly thanks you!!!
Debbie
myfavoritenurse

Post by myfavoritenurse »

Tori this sounds really good.  I am not doing to well in the smoothie departmet either.  I need to chew.  My former breakfasts would be an egg with cheese on a bagel.  As you can see, far cry from a smoothy.  Thanks for the delicious sounding suggestion.
                                  Carol
Matthew 28:20b  "lo, I am with you always even until the end of the age."
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Carol you should try a fried egg and fat free cheese on two corn thins if you like something to chew.  I used to eat egg McMuffins and that satifies the craving for me
God Bless
Debbie
BettyBoop

Post by BettyBoop »

Carol, I lose slower when I drink fruit smoothies; and I think it is probably because I end up eating more the rest of the day as I miss the "chewing".  I haven't had a smoothie in a while now.
Rejection means direction!!

All things work together for good to those who love the Lord.  Romans 8:28
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

This is also very good if you add a banana to it as well as the raisins...and ginger.
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
sourgrapes

Post by sourgrapes »

;DWow!
That sounds very delicious!
And I don't think it could be any easier to make eh?.:)
Thanks for the recipe
This website is great!
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Girls wanted a warm breakfast this morning so for a variation of this, We diced apples, bananas and sprinkled with cinnamon and tiny bit of splenda. Poured a little apple juice on it, warmed in microwave for 1 minute. Then I pureed it in blender! Poured in bowl.

Almost 11 yr old took most of it but wanted to have room for her "Table party" at school (full of junk food of course!!!)

almost 8 yr old said she "finished it all!!! It was sooo yummy!!"

5 yr old: ate as much as her little tummy would handle then pushed it away I guess!

Now the funny part was I used 1 1/2 apples...went to put away the 1/2 in a baggie in the fridge...guess who decided she wanted to take it to school for a snack...Yep the 5 yr old. Then I used 1 1/2 banana...went to put it away and guess who showed up w/ her hand out? Yep the 5 yr old again!!! Said she wanted it TOO for a snack at school!!
Sure glad my kids like fruit! I've even had to put a restriction on the bananas when I buy them...I tell them: Are YOU allowed to eat MY BANANAS??? Reply from older girls...If we ask and then only 1. Reply from 5 yr old...YES...MY NANA'S!!! Mommy says...NO, MY NANA's!! and this then goes back and forth til I say OK...you can have 1 , UNDERSTAND??? ONE!!! of my nana's. Then she also says K mommy Me have 1 (holding up 3 fingers!!)
veronica
trutan
New, but learning

Post by trutan »

Thanks Tori. Collecting recipes while I wait for my book to come.
imkay

Post by imkay »

veronica  i know what you mean about the bananas.  since my DH is on program too and he eats at least 2 bananas a day and i have 1 or 2 and the 3 yr old loves them and the 11 year old eats 1 or 2 a week, i have to keep about 20 on hand or we run out.  aldi has them for 27 cents a pound so i go there and stock up!!
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Kay...I buy at least 20 or 30 at usually 59cent/lb. Then in about 1 to 1 1/2 day...I'm lucky to have 1 for my morning smoothie!! Hannah banana (you see how she got her nickname!) has attacked before school (1-2), as soon as she got home from school (2-3), and then before dinner has another (1-2)...so that doesn't count my 1 for breakfast, the other 2 girls having 1 apiece or hubby! so in 1 day...there goes my bananas I planned on for 1 week
!!! And I have to keep in fridge because we have a problem with bugs..or else i'd put them up on top of fridge where she can't reach as easily!!!