EGGS WITH REFRIED BEANS

Start your morning out right!
Forever Young
Master Member

Re: EGGS WITH REFRIED BEANS

Post by Forever Young »

Wendy,

On days when I was extremely hungry in the morning, I would have an egg or two fried in EVOO.  It was just a matter of a few weeks and then the fruit was enough to hold me.  I think I did this to prevent eating something that was NOT LDL approved.  I still lost 30 pounds in two months, so I don't think I derailed myself in any way.

I know that Roger only recommends protein once a day.  As you no longer have the same appetite for the bigger quantities of food, you will find that you don't need them.

Each one of us had to adapt this plan to our lifestyle and our hunger.  Hope this helps.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
MamaCarley

Post by MamaCarley »

Thanks for the help! I don't think I'll add eggs at breakfast, but just in case.... :P
Mary Beth
New, but learning

Post by Mary Beth »

Hi there.  I was off for a snow day today and I tried the re-fried beans and eggs.  It was delicious and filling!  I used refried beans with chipotle peppers.  It gave it a smokey taste and an extra kick.  Saturday I'll weigh myself for the first time (It'll be a month), and I'm hoping for a notable loss.  This really is a good food plan.
Mary Beth
imkay

Post by imkay »

mary beth i had a snow day today too!  where do you live?  i'm in charlotte.

i love eggs refried beans.  so yummy!
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
Mary Beth
New, but learning

Post by Mary Beth »

Do I call you Kay or Imkay?

I'm in Robbins, near Pinehurst, but it's actually off 24/27, which I know you're familiar with being from Charlotte.  The snow was not much, but I guess there was ice in the morning.  How about in Charlotte, was it bad?
I had bean soup (with tomatoes and onions) again tonight, but I made it with chick peas.  Wow, that's a versatile recipe and it's really good!
I really feel good about how I'm doing on LDL.  I'm praying for results when I weigh myself on Saturday.  I've had a few little glitches, but nothing major that would throw me off.  For the first time in several years, I'm ready to keep going with something.  LDL makes good sense, and isn't that difficult.
Well, gotta start getting ready for bed.
Take care,
MB
Mary Beth
New, but learning

Post by Mary Beth »

That was dumb, of course I should call you Kay!
MB
LRittle
New, but learning

Post by LRittle »

HI, I have read all the comments on Refried Beans with eggs and have not seen the actual recipe. Would someone please list it for me. When I go to the Breakfast foods at the link at the bottom, I get all the communications, but no recipe. Thanks,in advance.....Linda
"Praise Him from whom all blessings flow!"
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Hey Linda;

I don't think there was a recipe per se.

The impression I got when I re-read it, was that the original post was simply about eating 'refried' beans and scrambled eggs together for a filling breakfast instead of eating fruit.

NJ
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

A little LDL approved Salsa is good on top of this.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

WOW!  This would be two days worth of food for me!  Of course, when I was younger I could have given you a run for your money!  Isn't it great to know that all these food-for-you, high nutrition foods are available to us without measure.  Isn't it just like Father God to give us so much...as scripture says, "He daily loads us with benefits."

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

LRittle
New, but learning

Post by LRittle »

HI, you all just amaze me....jsut when I am thinking about something, someone posts something about it. I can jsut see how the Lord is using you all there. I thank each of you for sharing daily. I admit, i would not eat the whole list of breakfast items that Roger listed, but...boy, he sure did give me some new ideas for breakfast. I am developing quite few new options for a healthier and tastier menu. Thanks again to you all.....I thank God for you all. Love, Linda
"Praise Him from whom all blessings flow!"
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Roger,

I am glad you clarified that because I was like.....GOOD GRIEF!!!  LOLOL!!!!

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by BigBen »

everyone knows that, Miss Mary or it would be called Lets Do breakfast & lunch instead of lets Do Lunch. I M sure Roger wasnt' saying to eat sausages at breakfast & meat for lunch 2. Its' what chapter 3 in the book is all about & he wrote the book.  U R a good food police lady though incase U think someone was gonna eat meat all the time but I dont' think U hafta worry we all know its' not allowed.  thx, Ben
jimbob
New, but learning

Post by jimbob »

Ben, I guess "everyone" doesn't know not to eat sausages with breakfast as well as at lunch, because as soon as I saw the breakfast sausages recipe I started eating it for breakfast with eggs and then eating my big meat meal at lunch.  I went back and looked at chapter three like you suggested.  I'm going to get on track again.  When I first started Let's Do Lunch, I ate fruit (hot & sweet banana treat) and smoothies for breakfast.  I lost on average a pound a week.  Now over the past month I have GAINED five pounds.  I knew it was too good to be true deep down, but I was misled by all this talk.  I am glad you and Mary had this discussion, Ben, so I could figure out the problem.  I want the scales to start going down again.  I will go back to the basic eating plan outlined in chapter three.  jimbob