EGGS WITH REFRIED BEANS

Start your morning out right!
jimbob
New, but learning

Re: EGGS WITH REFRIED BEANS

Post by jimbob »

I have been eating the way the book says in the morning for two weeks again, fruit and smoothies instead of eggs.  I have lost two of the extra five pounds I gained when I added the eggs and breakfast sausage from the boards.  Thanks again Ben and Mary for letting me benefit from your advice.  Y'all rock!    Jim Bob
SteveKW
New, but learning

Re: EGGS WITH REFRIED BEANS...not I am totally corn fused

Post by SteveKW »

All,

Read the book and it basically says fruit in the morning, protein lunch (no fruit) not to eat between meals and then fruit dinner, so when do I get to eat all the beans, corn etc I want to? Then I read its ok to eat between meals and to have eggs and beans for breakfast. Which way is it?

Corn fused
Steve
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Steve,

Eat when you're hungry.  That is the number one rule.  If you don't eat LDL foods when you're hungry, you'll eat non-LDL and you will fall back into your old ways of eating.  No matter when you are hungry, eat fruit, beans, corn, popcorn, salad, veggies, etc.  That's what I do, and it's been working for me. God bless your efforts.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

SteveKW
New, but learning

Post by SteveKW »

Thanks Pat

I am at a reslove to lose some weight so I want to give myself the best shot. I just want to do the LDL thing.

Steve
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

eggs are OK as a "Light protein" just in moderation. (1 or 2x/week I think). BEANS are allowed at ANY meal! Same with corn. It's allowed ANYTIME! Keep asking any questions and we'll answer as best as we can!!
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Steve,

Eat BEANS, CORN, PEAS, Corn-on-the cob, POPCORN...anytime you want them.  They are the GOOD Carbs...and will keep you from eating the NOT GOOD carbs!  If you want something SWEET with your lunch, I eat fruit.  I've already learned that if I don't eat it when I am craving something sweet....I will eat something that is NOT LDL and that is self-destructing. 

To your salads, add BEANS, CORN, PEAS.  Eat Bean salads, Pea salads, lettuce & other greens salads.  Add: radishes, carrots, celery, onions, peppers, mushrooms, broccoli,  cauliflower, etc. to your salads.

For breakfast I eat fresh fruit instead of making smoothies as I get more fiber.  Then I have POPCORN...and I eat as much as I want of it.  For lunch my normal is a salad with lots of veggies, Corn, Peas, Beans, whatever.  If I want something "Sweet" I have fruit with lunch.  Then at night we have our protein meal since I cannot fix it for dh at noon either.  We usually have a couple of veggies and meat/protein.

Tonight I have to go to the blood bank after work to give blood...so, today I will have egg salad on corn thins for lunch.  (I have added the light protein at lunch today to be sure my hemaglobin is not down tonight.)  I will have protein again tonight at supper and veggies.

If you are hungry...EAT...just make sure that what you are eating is LDL approved.  You will find that after your body becomes adjusted to LDL you will NOT eat nearly as much food...and you will lose the weight you want to lose.

Don't know if this helped or not.  If you have more questions, please don't hesitate to ask as someone else just might be wondering that same thing and they might be afraid to ask it.

Love,

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
sb125

Post by sb125 »

Jeanne,
I have been on LDL for a few months but it is so great to refresh our minds on the 'rules' of the plan!  Thanks for your great overview, I'm sure it will help everyone, especially the newbies!

Have a great day & blessings to ya!
Steph  :D
Thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph!!  2 Cor 2:14  (triumph over fat!)
BigBen

Post by BigBen »

Ha Jim Bob.  Thats gotta be one of the only times I ever in my life heard that anyone thinks they benifited from my advice.  I M gonna print up your remark & frame it.  Next time my family tells me I dont know what I'm talking about I will pull it out & show them.  BigBen
jimbob
New, but learning

Post by jimbob »

Ben, if you see this, please drop me a message with an e-mail address.  I have some questions for you and I don't have authorization to send messages yet.  I appreciate it.  Jimbob
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

jimbob;

If you'll reply to just a few more messages, you'll have all the privileges. I think it's after 10 postings that you can do more. Looks like you're at 6.
jimbob
New, but learning

Post by jimbob »

thank you enjae.  Now this makes 7, so maybe I can e-mail soon.  Anyone heard from Ben?
jimbob
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Mary's right, Jimbob.  And a lot of us are here every day and only read, don't post... so if there's anything you need or have a question about, just ask away on any post - you're sure to get an answer!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
BookGuy

Post by BookGuy »

I'm confused.... eggs & beans for breakfast??? I thought I was supposed to have only fruit or vegies until lunch?
Ron Paul for President, 2008

niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

hi charles.....in the beginning,until you're craving free, you can eat ALL you want of all the let's do lunch foods....you fine tune the program once you're craving free...roger has said that we could consider the eggs a light protein and don't have to include it as our main protein of the day....i personally, only eat eggs in my main meal as my protein...i prefer to eat fruit for breakfast...but, i also don't lose weight easily so i stick to the basic plan as it's outlined in the book...for example, i've never eaten egg noodles or tortilla chips that roger has stated could be an occasional treat if you have cravings for them on let's do lunch....so you COULD eat eggs for breakfast sometimes(as per roger)but the basic format(especially in the beginning)should prevail.......
  i am so looking forward to your success...........niki     
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Fruit often is not enough for me. I eat a couple of eggs after my fruit 3 or 4 times a week. Occasionally I find I am still hungry so I have a small bowl of Shredded Wheat or oatmeal.
NJ
BookGuy

Post by BookGuy »

Yeah, I am one of those persons that if I give myself an inch, I will take a mile. So, I plan to stick to the book version of LDL if possible.  I have been making myself a smoothie for breakfast and don't need anything else until lunch.  My smoothie is usually:

In my VitaMix I add:

1 cup pure fruit juice (grape this week, orange last week)
a banana
a handful of berries, fresh or frozen
a tablespoon of raw organic powdered chocolate (no sweetener or anything)
a tablespoon of raw powdered green leafy vegetables
stevia sweetener
ice

It is so nutritious with the powders that I feel satisfied all day til my big LDL lunch.  But, I am still a newbie, so I have to see what is going to work for me on a longterm basis.

niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

charles...the chocolate powder is not a good idea...roger will tell you the same thing...and tell me the ingredients of the powdered green leafy vegetables...you're going to be SO surprised when you see the hidden sugars you'll find in things you would never have expected to see sugar in..
  i have an underactive thyroid so as strictly as i followed let's do lunch,i lost very slowly....you won't have that problem..but, you still might want to limit the juice you use to make smoothies....or enjoy the whole fruit as much as possible...just think about how many apples it takes to make a glass of apple juice..you're getting the same amount of nutrition minus all that fiber that helps you to feel full and satisfied...........niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
BookGuy

Post by BookGuy »

I think you are right Niki...  I will try to put more fresh fruit in the smoothie and less fruit juice.  That will be my "homework" for next week.

I am going to list the ingredients in the green powder below, but first I wanted to thank you for the head's up about the chocolate powder! I will stop using it.  Can you tell me why it is bad though, because I can't figure it out (I'm not all that bright, as you will discover over time)?

As requested, here are the ingredients for the leafy green vegetable powder:

(I copied this off the web so I didn't have to retype it off of the bottle)

(100% RAW and organic/wild superfoods):

* Land Vegetables: whole Leaf barley grass, whole leaf wheat grass, nettle leaf, horsetail, alfalfa leaf juice, dandelion leaf juice, kamut grass juice, barley grass juice, oat grass juice, broccoli juice, kale juice, spinach juice, parsley juice, burdock root, nopal cactus, ginger, amla berry.

* Algaes: spirulina, broken-cell-wall chlorella. Wildcrafted aquatic vegetables: Icelandic kelp, Nova Scotia dulse. Enzyme Complex: amylase, lipase, protease, cellulase, bromelain, papain. A full complement of soil-based organisms and by far the most incredible Probiotic Complex ever formulated in one product! 100% superfoods, no fillers.

* Probiotic Complex Ingredients: L. Salivarius, L. Plantarum, S. Faecium, L. Acidophilus, DDS-1 Acidophilus, S. Thermopolis, Bifidus, L. Casei, B. Subtilus, L. Bulgaricus, B. Laterosporous, S. Fradiae, S. Cellulasae, S. Griseoflavus, P. Calcis, P. Denitrificans, P. Flourescens, P. Gelatic, P. Marinoglutinosa, P. Nigraclens, P. Putida, M. Verrucaria, K. Zopfit, B. Lipolyticum, B. Stationis, B. Succinogenes, B. Brenis, B. Macerans, B. Pumilus, B. Polymyxa, A. Brasilienese, A. Lipoferum, A. Agilis, A. Citreus, A. Globiformis, A. Luteus, A. Simplex, A. Lwolfii, A. Terreus, P. Chrysosporium, R. Arrhizus, T. Viride.

Thanks again for your input - this forum is great!
Last edited by BookGuy on August 12th, 2007, 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.