EGGS WITH REFRIED BEANS

Start your morning out right!
nikki

Re: EGGS WITH REFRIED BEANS

Post by nikki »

i began the diet three days ago and already messed up.  last night I had bagels with cream cheese.  I started again today.

Nikki
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Not a problem, Nikki.

This is a Life-change not a diet. It takes time to change habits. You'll get it.

NJ
niki

Post by niki »

hi nikki...in case you don't know,OUR NAME means "victory"....so you won't BE victorious...you ARE victorious.............
 here's what you have to do.....you HAVE TO eat until you're really full...you're not on a diet....read the book again.....eat all the allowable foods....eat different types of fruit..smoothies if you like them........your big meal of the day...salad ..entree........BEAN SOUP....if your name is nikki,you MUST like bean soup...i have been nicknamed the bean queen because of my love of bean soups....they REALLY help you feel full...if you don't like bean soups,you can try the different pureed soups...you can make sure to really cook the beans until they're really soft....and you can try lentils.....i posted a recipe for greek lentil soup and mary did also...mine has more vegetables and i use beef broth to give it a taste like french onion soup....do whatever you need to do to get those beans in....cold bean salads....a handful of cooked chick peas on your salad.......
 and keep snacks handy so that you are NEVER hungry.popcorn,soynuts with raisins,cornthins.....THAT'S what caused your little slip up...and not really eating until full.....i think women have more of a problem than men do....in their minds they feel that if they hope to lose weight,they have to eat less.....AND i have to say i don't eat less now than i used to before let's do lunch......
 when you eat until full of the allowable foods and omit sugar/grains/nuts/seeds, your blood sugars stabilize and the cravings are GONE and when you eat,you're satisfied........
 so,nikki......i wish you success.....you can do this....niki    
Sweets

Post by Sweets »

I have high cholesterol and have to moderate what I eat,   egg substitutes  etc.

Can you help me?

Thank you

Sue
One does not live by bread alone.
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Hi and welcome, Sue. By eating the LDL way, you'll be following a heart healthy diet. You'll be giving up junk food, saturated fats, hydrogenated oils, and yucky fried foods. The plan is full of fresh veggies, fruits, and beans, a little low or no-fat dairy, and only lean cuts of beef, chicken, or fish. If you watch your added salt and the sodium content in anything processed like Corn Thins, salsa, soy cheeses, etc. you should do just great with this. For additional info, you can go to the American Heart Association web site and see what their latest guidelines are in fighting the high cholesterol battle. Good luck to you! .........nyKath
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

I remember seeing this post so this afternoon I put my leftover chili from yesterday inside my omelet with some soy pepperjack cheese for my brunch ( aka early lunch).  Two eggs beaten with a fork and a little fat free milk and cooked on med/low in 1 tsp soy margerine, 1/2 cup chili and three slices of cheese  on top of the set up eggs.  Was Delicious and VERY FILLING.  I imagine eggs and refried beans would be wonderful for days when I didnt already have chili in the fridge.
Love and God Bless
Debbie
myfavoritenurse

Post by myfavoritenurse »

Never thought about beans with eggs before.  For that matter never really thought much about beans before (other than an occasional bowl of chili) especially for breakfast.  I did learn from my new son in law (from London) that they often have beans on toast for breakfast.  So why not give it a try.  Maybe on Friday.
Matthew 28:20b  "lo, I am with you always even until the end of the age."
niki

Post by niki »

hi carol..this is my favorite way to eat eggs.....TRY IT...YOU'LL LIKE IT......................niki
Last edited by niki on November 20th, 2006, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
myfavoritenurse

Post by myfavoritenurse »

I'm actually looking forward to trying it on friday.  I'm off from work thursday, friday, saturday, sunday, and monday (can you believe it?  i feel like i won the lottery).  i'm looking forward to trying many new things during this time.  i'm not all that fond of turkey (prefer chicken) so one day a year is plenty.  i digress...i really like breakfast so i'm looking forward to friday to try this.
Matthew 28:20b  "lo, I am with you always even until the end of the age."
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Nikki,

You did okay.  It takes us a few days and weeks to get our thinking adjusted to this new way of eating.  You could have done much, much worse. 

Just start again on LDL.  It gets much easier as you do it.  One of these days you will wonder at how easy it is for you.

I really like this plan as it has enabled me to lose 17 pounds since October 1st...and I am never hungry...and the things we used to crave are no longer even appealing!!!  My husband commented about that last night during a Pizza ad.  He said, remember we used to crave those things...and they don't even look appetizing now.

Slips are a part of life...but not fatal.  Only you have a set time limit to lose the weight you want to lose.  I promise you, you will lose it if you follow LDL to the best of your ability...and you will.

Keep on keeping on.....and keep in touch with the rest of us who have been there...and done that!

God bless!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

i grew up on refried beans, eggs etc etc and when i saw i could eat those things on LDL I was very pleased. I make omlettes all of the time especially on weekends when time permits and any soups we have left over from the week i drain the juice and use the leftover soup ingredients and add that to the omlettes. the kids love them and eat until they cannot move.

oh yeah. our fruit smoothies are a way of life for us each and every morning without fail. gets the motor started even better than coffee. i still have my one cup but nothing like the half a pot like before.

LDL is the only way to eat as far as I am concerned. I have never felt so good in my whole life.

rh
Richard Hernandez
Melissa D. SC

Post by Melissa D. SC »

Well coming from the gal that does not like to eat eggs period.....and needs to incorporate eggs into her diet for pregnancy purposes......this just gave me a great way to eat eggs.  I love re-fried beans and make my own.  I actually have about 5 bags made in the freezer just waiting to be eaten!!
Blessings~~
Melissa
Colossians 1:9-12
Christian Mom's of Many Blessings
mamaaba

Post by mamaaba »

I am a bit confused. Aren't refried beans a protein? Don't get me wrong, my fav. breakfast is canned salmon with a tablespoon of Udo's oil (lots of Omega 3's and 6's). When I read the book though, I thought I couldn't have that anymore because it is a protein.
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

I love the eggs over re-fried beans.
Melissa can you share your homemade re-fried beans recipe?
BTW, that's a nice family picture.

mamaaba,
Beans are acceptable anytime even as a protein.  Eggs are a light protein acceptable as well.
I think the salmon would be eaten at your main protein meal of the day and not at breakfast..........someone will correct me if I'm wrong. 

Welcome to you both and best wishes,
mrsj
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

mamaaba;

Don't 'do away' with your favorite brakfast!

The ingredients fit in with our new lifestyle; so if you feel like having protien at breakfast occasionally, do so. I had eggs this morning with my fruit because it's what I was hungry for.

I don't see anything wrong with having meat (your salmon) early if that is what will get you through the day in a healthy way. At this point I don't ALWAYS want fruit for breakfast. If I forced myself to have it when I don't want it, I probably wouldn't stick with LDL.
"Let's Do Lunch"tm is a guideline to teach us to eat better; not a set of rules.

May God bless us today;
NJ

ps - I re-read what I wrote. Somehow it sounds cranky and big-sister-critical to my mind, but I don't mean it that way and I can't figure out how to re-word it. So be sure and read it while picturing me with a sweet smile on my face.
Last edited by EnJae on December 5th, 2006, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mamaaba

Post by mamaaba »

Thank you NJ and Mrsj, I feel welcome already.  :) I did switch my salmon for lunch so I was very much on track today. I may have it occasionally for breakfast. As for the beans, I am right there with you! I have them very often as well. Today for breakfast. My favorite is Adzuki beans. They are very good for women as they are high in phytoestrogens which are said to help prevent breast cancer. And they are very satisfiing. I'm not  the least bit hungry before lunch, even a late lunch.

Peace and blessings
Mamaaba
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Yes beans are a protein of sorts...but they are VEGETABLE protein. We can have that any time day or night. The MEAT protein really needs to be lunch. Occasionally you can switch it to dinner, but you were right in reading the book. I know on occasion I have some sort of meat at breakfast just because I am soooo hungry that is what I feel my body telling me it needs. However this is soooo rare. 99.9% of the time I am completely satisfied with the fruit smoothie!
But as Roger says...you need to make this plan fit YOUR lifestyle so that you will stay on it for good! So once in a while you can have that as a breakfast. It shouldn't hurt horribly!
MamaCarley

Post by MamaCarley »

I'm confused by the eggs at breakfast. Aren't eggs a protein and would be eaten at lunch?

Wendy