Fried eggs and popcorn!

Start your morning out right!
Gregg

Fried eggs and popcorn!

Post by Gregg »

I love fried eggs over easy with wheat toast to dunk in the yolks. When I was on Atkins it was one of the things I use to crave and was really difficult to pass on. I read in Roger's book that his wife makes fried eggs and mixes it with popcorn. I thought how odd, so I tried it. It tastes great! I pop the popcorn first and make sure there are no unpopped kernels, I then fry three eggs over very easy and put them on top of the popcorn in a bowl. I mix it up very good. The popcorn actually reduces. I add a little pepper. It has taken care of my weekend cravings for eggs and toast. Thanks Mrs Roger!! (sorry I don't remember her name)
niki

Re: Fried eggs and popcorn!

Post by niki »

hi gregg...another thing that roger does is he puts fried eggs over refried beans........i keep forgetting to try it .....but,i did buy the refried beans....i'll get to it...meanwhile,roger's wife's name is anita........niki
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

niki wrote:hi gregg...another thing that roger does is he puts fried eggs over refried beans........i keep forgetting to try it .....but,i did buy the refried beans....i'll get to it...meanwhile,roger's wife's name is anita........niki

Thanks for the reminder. Refried beans and eggs is actually something that I used to eat with my old life style. Of course I would also have two pieces of toast and cherizo (sp? Mexican sausage).

That tip from Anita is so huge for me personally. I have fallen off many diets because of my inability to leave fried eggs and toast alone. This popcorn thing does the trick so well for me that I have no anxiety or craving about this situation. In fact I will be having them later this morning (it is a weekend thing for me).

And now thanks to you I will be enjoying them with a nice side order of refried beans.

Thank you,

Gregg
niki

Post by niki »

hi gregg...just make sure you read the ingredients...some of them even have animal fat....i think i bought vegetarian refried beans without any fat at all.........happy eating..............niki
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

I wonder if we can come up with an LDL approved chorizo? I'll check the ingredients the next time I am at the store. Mmm! Chori'  and scrambled eggs with chopped, grilled onions and salsa and refritos.

NJ
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

enjae wrote:I wonder if we can come up with an LDL approved chorizo? I'll check the ingredients the next time I am at the store. Mmm! Chori'  and scrambled eggs with chopped, grilled onions and salsa and refritos.

NJ

That would be awsome!! Not sure how one could make LDL chorizo, but I will try it if you or anyone else figures it out. What's next, brats, Italian?
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

While not Chorizo-like by any means, the Morningstar soy sausage links are a pretty tasty addition to eggs or to put in Mary's Pizza Soup if you're a veg head like me. Even the meat-eating hubs liked them in the soup. These products DO have flours and starches (and possibly even sugar) in them and are NOT LDL approved, but for an occasional treat or flavor enhancer since I don't eat meat, I do have these infrequently and am fully aware of the possible consequences. This is just a Suggestion - proceed at your own risk! :) Bon appetit! ....NYKath
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

And Gregg - it took me a minute to figure out that you were referring to bratwurst and not calling us all brats!! 

Such a funny guy!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

I'm going to stand by my comment that the occasional Morningstar soy product, especially for a vegetarian, isn't going to totally kill your efforts (or at least mine) to be successful doing LDL. These products are a RARE item for me to eat, just when I want a change of pace from my regular bean soups and salad routine. I continue to lose weight while partaking of this type of NON-LDL approved food on a RARE basis. For those that want to stick strictly to the LDL approved list, don't eat soy products. This is just one woman's opinion.  ;) NYKath
niki

Post by niki »

kathy...soy products are GREAT....i would never give up the soy that i eat.....this discussion is not about soy....it's about eating ANYTHING that contains flour,starches or sugars......i LOVE being craving free MORE than i love being thin.....and eating things with flour or starch or sugar in them are not worth losing my craving free state.....THAT is everyone's choice as you said....but it has NOTHING to do with soy..i would not have even responded to this post if you hadn't made it sound like it was soy products that we were talking about......i wouldn't want ANYONE to read that and stop eating soynuts or cooking with soybeans....they are a WONDERFUL protein source for EVERYONE.......sincerely,niki
TEAFORTWO

Post by TEAFORTWO »

What about turkey sausage and turkey brats? I thought those were ok? Also, I eat turkey burgers and slice 1/2 a multigrain wrap so I can eat it like a sandwich. Isn't that ok?
Thanks! ???
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Gregg,

I'm sitting here at my computer with tears of happiness in my eyes for you.  I too have found things that have helped satisfy the very desires that used to make sure I couldn't stay on a diet.

One of the things that happened with for me was with Little Mary's mushroom pizzas.  I wondered how I would ever spend the rest of my life not having pizza.  Now I don't have too!  ;D  I have also tried Tress's pancakes and have decided that I am going to have them on some sunday mornings when I'm wanting a very filling breakfast.  Isn't God GREAT??!!

It dawned on me the other day that God would never have led me here to LDL if He wasn't going to make a way for me to succeed on this plan.  I'm a lifer!  I'm so happy you have found this solution to YOUR particular needs.  God Bless.

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.