LDL Chorizo Sausage

Start your morning out right!
niki

Re: LDL Chorizo Sausage

Post by niki »

thanks,mary...this looks great....AND i already have all the ingredients...................niki
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Oh, Mary!

That sounds wonderful!  I will definitely try these.  I'm bummed - I went to BJ's last night and they didn't have ANY ground turkey breast.  I did buy some extra lean gr. beef, some chicken breasts and some kind of steak for John.  Will have to get the turkey soon - I think the stuff I have frozen is almost gone.

I used to LOVE this mexican dish with chorizo sausage - now I don't even remember what it was... but if I do, I'll now have the sausage recipe!

You're a doll!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
BigBen

Post by BigBen »

Chorizo?  Did I hear you say chorizo?  U R awesome!  I love this stuff.  I guess theres not much chance that one of you ladies will come to my place and make it for me so who knows I might surprise everyone and make it myself.  I promise i will supply the wine if someone comes over and cooks me some chorizo.  It will be the pinot de beano wine, not the koolaid wine ha ha.  BEN
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Hey Ben - too bad I don't drink anymore, I might consider it!  (well, not for the Kool-Aid wine!)  Sorry, big boy, you're on your own.  After all, you're an experienced chef now!!

I was actually thinking of getting sausage casings & trying my hand at making it look like "real" chorizo sausage... we'll see!

Carolyn

niki

Post by niki »

wow carolyn...that would be great...when i was a kid,my friend's grandmother used to make her own greek sausage(which to my memory was DELICIOUS).......
  you could do that at the ranch..............i'm getting hungry thinking about our making our own sausage at the ranch,our own wine(as long as you guys make me some without sulfites).....i'd better go eat lunch......niki 
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

I will be happy to be the sausage maker at the ranch!  Cool!

Carolyn

EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

(NJ Yelling in excitement: "THANKS MISS MARY!!! YOU ARE WONDERFUL!")
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Mary,

Thanks for the recipe.  I don't know that I have ever had CHORIZO Sausage.  But, it is interesting enough that I will try it one of these days.  What do you use it for...or where would you find the pork kind?
Thanks!  God bless you for all the responses you post on the board...and all the recipes!

Forever Young
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Hi Forever Young! If you've ever had real Spanish paella (pie ey ah) before, it has probably had the chorizo sausage in it.  It's a huge hot rice dish with all kinds of other meats and things in it. The following is what I copied from Wikipedia on the background and creation of paella. It would probably be quite tasty served by itself without the rice, or LDL style, too. Good luck! ....NYKath

From Wikipedia:  Paella is a rice dish, originally from Valencia, where it is eaten especially on Sundays and during the Falles. There are many variations of it with different ingredients.  The name paella is the word for "frying pan" in Valencian (from Latin patella). However, the dish has become so popular in Spain that the word paellera is now usually used for the pan and paella almost exclusively for the dish. In the Valencia area, nevertheless, the name paella is commonly used for both the pan and the dish. Paella is usually garnished with vegetables and with meat or seafood. The three main ingredients are rice, saffron, and olive oil.

The recipe became more elaborate and variable as it spread from its origin in Valencia throughout Spain and other parts of the world. A common variation is called paella de peix ("fish paella") or paella de marisco ("shellfish paella"), which is made with seafood instead of terrestrial meat. Today one can find paellas made from a variety of other ingredients including rabbit, chorizo, langoustines, lobster, and mussels. However, purists may not accept the variations in ingredients and combinations as authentic. Paella can be a simple, rustic dish cooked in open air and eaten straight from the pan, or it can be more elaborately prepared and served. When the Spaniards arrived in the Philippines, they passed on their cuisine to the Filipinos. Filipino Paella contains more seafood ingredients since the Philippines is an archipelago of islands with easy access to seafood. Filipino paella includes the addition of crabs, abalone, soy sauce, atsuete (for the coloring), clams and other sea products.

Portugal has a similar popular dish called Arroz à Valenciana (Valencian Rice).  ...The End
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

My husband LOVES that stuff in eggs.  He will be very excited!!! Thanks Mary for another delicious LDL recipe.  Keep it up and Rodger will be having to rewrite the book again!!!!!
P.S.  I will be happy to run the tennis camp at the ranch since I have a fear of heights and I remember that tinkerbell job had Queenies name all over it.  I can also  help Joe run the smoothie bar as I am a Whiz at fruit flavor combos and he's a whiz at flinging it all over the walls!!!!!
GOD BLESS
DEBBIE
niki

Post by niki »

no..no..no..joe has flung his last fling.........YOU'RE a whiz at making smoothies?..that's it.......the job is yours.....BUT,you'll have to be REALLY tough about not letting joe into this restricted area.........are you up to the challenge?.....niki
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

I will make him a smoothie and send him on his way no problemo.  I can also run the day spa if I am more needed there since I am a licensed cosmetologist. lol
niki

Post by niki »

a day spa.......we never discussed that...that's a GREAT idea....ok,it's yours...........oooooeee......i just see myself getting a massage after i've taught my last aerobics class.............yesss...........niki
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Ooooooohhhh - and facials!!  YESSSSSSSSS!

And Mary, I forgot about my stirring responsibilities!  Yes, I will be much too busy stirring to make sausage.  And since delivering the mail won't take all of Ben's time, yes, I think he should be responsible for the sausage making...  oooh, oooh, ooooh, and THEN we could make a soup with some of it!!

Carolyn

DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

OF COURSE A SPA NIKI!!!!  It cant just be all about FOOD/BEANS at the ranch.....there has to be a spa with facials, massage, pedicures, and a big jacuzzi tub. We'll need bike trails, and tennis courts, golf course and a fitness room with machines and yoga, aerobics, hiking, horsebackriding, Now that food is no longer the focus we have to paint watercolor pictures  and make pottery.  We can even do scrapbooking with all the slim pictures we will be taking of ourselves.  My husband will organize a motorcycle trip for those who prefer a mechanical horse to a real one.  Someone will also have to tend to the vineyard so we have plenty of grapes to eat, freeze and make wine with!!!!!
GOD BLESS
DEBBIE
niki

Post by niki »

ok now...let's consider all this....you'll be in charge of the day spa......hiking trails,tennis courts..that's fine...i don't know about bike trails.....and a golf course?.....that'll depend on wether there are any golf enthusiasts...and wether they're interested in taking care of that.....i'll enjoy setting up a fitness room and setting up a schedule for aerobics.....a paint room in a section where there's loads of light...sounds good...but who's going to do that?....i'm musical..i'm not artistic ...and now i've forgotten who's going to make the wine...carolyn and joe?.......BUT,as you said,WHO is going to take care of ALL the vineyards?..............niki