LDL Chorizo Sausage

Start your morning out right!
robnveronica
Master Member

Re: LDL Chorizo Sausage

Post by robnveronica »

Welll....he couldve built on a wasa crisp, on a Corn thin (which we still can't find in a store before we decide if we really like them!!), or a tomato,  or something. I didn't read before how he made them...just knew it was some sort of a "pizza"  that  had yucky mushrooms!!!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

I am appalled, aghast!!  :o  There are people who actually DON'T love mushrooms???????  What is this world coming too?  LOL

Hey yall I have an idea and wondered if any of you thought it would work.  Don't people sometimes use zuchinni for the same reason as the apples?  To add moisture?  I would appreciate any information.

Buff Ben....you go boy!  Keep cookin till you have cooked yourself skinny! 

Okay that didn't sound right but you know what I mean.  LOL

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by LittlePrincess »

Just bringing this topic back to the top because I think it got lost in the bad spammer incident and I need cooking help!  LOL  ;D

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by nyKath »

Zucchini sure are added to things for moisture, LP! Or shredded carrots. (think of carrot or zucchini breads....uh...maybe not! :) ....) Anyway, try those and/or adding in some more chopped sauteed onions. And mushrooms ALWAYS work in this house! I'll cook up an entire carton just to dump on my own salad! They are DA BOMB! ...Happy cooking! ...NYKath
BigBen

Post by BigBen »

I didnt' see this before grammasuz.  Its easy to miss things sometimes.  Sure I will be happy to fly to California and cook some mushroom pizzas for U and just chorizo for veronica seeing she doesn't like mushrooms.  All U gotta do is send me an airplane ticket to California and some food to keep me going on the flight since I hear they don't feed you on planes these days.  Send it FedEx pleeeze.  Lots of food cuz it's a long flight.  Thx, BB
abundantlyblessed

Post by abundantlyblessed »

marysimmons wrote:Yucky mushrooms??? Shame on you Veronica! Mushrooms are awesome!  And Big Ben, my "son," thanks for the great idea for adding the chorizo as a topping to the "Mini Mushroom Pizzas."

For you mushroom haters, I just tried this which was rather like a "white pizza."  Put a corn thin on a plate, and top it with 6 or 7 fresh baby spinach leaves.  Top with some veggie mozarella slices (I use Soya Haas brand) and a thin slice of fresh tomatoes.  Microwave it until the cheese is bubbling.  Yum!  Add whatever other seasoning or toppings you want!

Little Mary

I tried making mini pizzas with corn thins once, and the sauce made the corn thin thoroughly soggy.  The center fell out of one or two.  Definately have to work on that one.

Michele
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Michelle,

Yes, I'm sure that the sauce would've made the corn thins fall apart... I don't think Mary used sauce.  White pizzas traditionally don't have sauce on them.  Before LDL, I used to make mini white pizzas on flour tortillas - just cheese, spices & pepperoni (I've given all my pepperoni away to my son!!).

When I finally get to the store and get some more corn thins, I think I will try it.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

BigBen wrote:I didnt' see this before grammasuz.  Its easy to miss things sometimes.  Sure I will be happy to fly to California and cook some mushroom pizzas for U and just chorizo for veronica seeing she doesn't like mushrooms.  All U gotta do is send me an airplane ticket to California and some food to keep me going on the flight since I hear they don't feed you on planes these days.  Send it FedEx pleeeze.  Lots of food cuz it's a long flight.  Thx, BB

Hmm I said INVITE ME, but I guess I could start checking out flights from there to here.  Only I can't remember where there is.  Lucky I can remember where HERE IS 8) 
BigBen

Post by BigBen »

The deep south, Miss gramma.  Where everyone eats fried catfish and hush puppies and moms have big tubs of lard in there pantries! Good thing I don't live with my mom and granny any more or i'd be having heaps of trouble eating Let's do lunch with all that lard and bacon grease around and the pies they make.  BB
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

OH Ben you can tell just from the way you talk that you have to be from the south!! "Miss Gramma", "Lard", "Bacon grease" ...yep sounds like southern cookin to me. How bout those old biscuit and sausage gravy? Sweet potato pie? Sound like something your family would be makin very often??
Veronica
BigBen

Post by BigBen »

I M quite sure that at least 25 of the extra pounds I M carrying around my middle are only there cuz of all the biscuits & sausage gravy I ate before, that's for real sure.  BB
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Sounds all too familiar Ben!!! Matter of fact my 4 yr old says daddy has gravy eyes instead of gray eyes....I say its all that gravy pooled from years of eating it on everything!!!  We havent had the heart to tell her gravy isnt a color!
ANG
trutan
New, but learning

Post by trutan »

Queenie wrote:Michelle,

Yes, I'm sure that the sauce would've made the corn thins fall apart... I don't think Mary used sauce.  White pizzas traditionally don't have sauce on them.  Before LDL, I used to make mini white pizzas on flour tortillas - just cheese, spices & pepperoni (I've given all my pepperoni away to my son!!).

When I finally get to the store and get some more corn thins, I think I will try it.

Carolyn

I do not have my book yet....what are corn thins?
imkay

Post by imkay »

corn thins are pressed popcorn.  they look like a rice cake but have WAY more flavor.  i use them for sugar-free soy nut butter and sugar free jelly sandwich.  my DH used them for egg and soy cheese sandwich.  we use them instead of crackers for tori's tuna salad. 

here is a link
http://www.cornthins.com/

most health food stores carry them.  just make sure you get the original corn thins and not any of the other varieties
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
TEAFORTWO

Post by TEAFORTWO »

I just saw some chorizo sausage made from soy. Anyone know of it?
BigBen

Post by BigBen »

So for lunch the other day I crumbled like half a recipe of the chorizo in my frying pan & I threw in a can of chopped tomatoes & some vegtables from the fridge there were some beans & some carrots & some corn, and I cooked it all up & it turned into a spicy stew U should try it sometime. Here is Iron Chef Benny's 1st Let's Do Lunch recipe for the website.  thx, BB