Hot Soy Cereal

Start your morning out right!
Tori

Hot Soy Cereal

Post by Tori »

I discovered the wonders of Soya Granules! Made from 100% soybeans, they have the nutty flavor of the dry roasted soy nut. Nothing else added.

If you have a craving for hot cereal, try this:

1/2 cup Soya Granules
1 cup 100% unsweetened apple juice
1 apple - peeled, cored, and diced into small chunks
Cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice to taste

Mix all together and cook in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir. Cook for another 1 1/2 minutes.

This makes a wonderful hot cereal for those of you who crave it, and it is 100% healthy for you! If you want a lighter flavor, use only 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice, and 1/2 cup water instead.

Enjoy!
Queenie
Administrator

Re: Hot Soy Cereal

Post by Queenie »

Tori - Where did you get these?  I've not looked closely, but they've also never jumpd from the shelf to my basket, either!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Hi Tori! Do you positively swear that these taste better than that nasty Keto type of cereal from the Atkins days??? Ewww....nasty nasty stuff that was! I'll look for this in my HFS if you're promising that it's edible! :) Thx!....NYKath
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

And Mary...do you thing these could be pulverized in the food processor or with a rolling pin to grind them into soy "flour?"...Would be interesting to experiment with! ...NYKath
Tori

Post by Tori »

I have discovered that the longer you let these sit in the liquid, the softer they become. So it almost has the texture of grits (if you have ever eaten those) if you let it sit for a little longer.

As for flavor, I think it really tastes like warm toasted nuts. Having the whole chopped apple in the bowl along with the Soy Granules honestly tasted like a warm apple pie with tiny nuts to me. I'm not a big fan of weird things, so this was a stretch for me to even try, but I found I really did like it. (:

Oh, and yes, I purchased mine at my health food store as well, in the cylindrical canister.  I've also discovered that the straight Soy Powder, (not flour!), is a fantastic thickening agent for stews!!!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Soy Granules,  Soy flour..... Where will this madness end?  LOL

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.