Soy Hot Cakes

Start your morning out right!
Tori

Soy Hot Cakes

Post by Tori »

Found this recipe on my Soya Granules label. I think I am going to try cooking them this afternoon, and see how they taste. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Mix 3/4 cup Soya Granules with 1 tbsp. honey and 2 eggs.  (it actually called for 3 tbsp. honey, but I am cutting that down!)

Let stand 5 minutes, then form into patties. Brown on each side in lightly oiled skillet.

For variety, flavor the batter with fruit juice or chopped fruit.
Makes 6 hot cakes.
Queenie
Administrator

Re: Soy Hot Cakes

Post by Queenie »

So... Tori - Did you try these??  If so, how were they?

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Tori

Post by Tori »

No, I haven't, but I think I am going to make them tomorrow morning for breakfast. I'll keep you posted!
Tori

Post by Tori »

Ok, I made these today. To be 100% honest, they taste, (to me at least!), like a fried crunchy cornbread. Would be a great addition to have with your soup some cold winter night!

I think next time I make them for breakfast, I am going to try them with some chopped apples. They fry up just like pancakes, and don't take long to make at all. So glad I tried this!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

*Ears perk up*  Did you say fried crunchy cornbread? 

So far I can't find, corn thins, soy pasta, OR these soy granule things.  My Publix has ordered the corn thins but tell me it's 4-6 weeks away.  I asked about soy pasta and people just look at me like I have a third eye or something. 

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by nyKath »

Hi LP! You might find the shirataki noodles in where the vegetarian products and/or egg roll wrappers are, or sometimes in with other prepared foods like fresh sauerkraut and chunks of Soy Kaas cheese, etc. I've only seen these in a specialty "gourmet" market by me here in NY. The dry soy pasta has NOT shown up in my food store yet even though the web site says they're supposed to have it in stock. ...Can you get the CornThins delivered faster by ordering directly from the web site instead of waiting for the store to stock them? Wishing you luck! Bye...nyKath
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

nyKath,

I'm not sure but I am definately going to check on it.  Do you guys have the name of this soy pasta?  I would appreciate any info.  :)

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by nyKath »

Hi LP! "Abundantly Blessed' posted about a soy pasta called The Perfect Pasta by Nutrition Kitchen. Their website is www.nutrikitchen.com. There may be another 'dry' soy pasta out there, too, but the name escapes me. The search is on! Good luck with this! :)....NYKath
TEAFORTWO

Post by TEAFORTWO »

Wow, this is really exciting!! My (and my fiance's) biggest challenge is Italian pasta! We used to go out all the time for Italian food, and I used to love Italian cooking! This could mean lasagne, if they make the right shaped noodles, and fettucine with white soy sauce...hmm..Someone said the (tofu) Shiitake noodles might not taste so good, and are expensive. Has anyone tried both? We have no stores with the soy pasta, but it looks like you can order on the website. So, what's the vote:
soy pasta or Shiitake?? ???
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

I can't speak about soy noodles, haven't found any yet. BUT I LOVED the Shitake noodles! They were good!
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

I found a corn pasta for occasional use out here in CA but determined I liked the "Rotelle" better than the "Spaghetti". If you have a book, we like the Brando's Lasagna made w/ Zucchini. We too love pasta meals and would have them in our home at least 1-2x per week (more if hubby and kids had their way!!!) Hope you all have a good New Year's!
Veronica
Tori

Post by Tori »

That's been my son's biggest withdrawl .... he's a spaghetti fiend! I have found a workaround for it by making my Baked Italian Chicken. I'll bring it back up to the top in case anyone wants to give it a try. (: