Start your morning out right!
larry w dennis

oat meal

Post by larry w dennis »

[email]can i eat oatmeal on the lets have lunch plan[/email]
niki

Re: oat meal

Post by niki »

hi larry w dennis...welcome to our boards...the sugars and the unhealthy carbs(grains/nuts/seeds and root vegetables like potatoes)are what cause your blood sugars to fluctuate giving you cravings......when you stop eating them,your blood sugars stabilize and the cravings are gone........eating beans and fruit helps to maintain those stable blood sugars keeping you full and satisfied..
  oatmeal is one of those grains that you want to stay away from...the closest thing on let's do lunch that reminds me of it is mary's hot bananas....look for the recipe on the boards.............. 
  eating this way has changed the way i think of food...the high fat,unhealthy foods and the junk food i used to love mean nothing to me anymore...at last count my cholesterol level was 144 and my triglycerides are 60.............as far as i'm concerned,there is NO better way of eating on the planet than let's do lunch.......i wish you success...........sincerely,niki
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Welcome, Larry.  No, no oatmeal - BUT....... you won't miss it!  Start your day with all wonderfully sweet fruit - and have enough to make you full.  Or you can start with a great big smoothie, made from fruit (I use frozen) and 100% juice.

When first starting, if you really want to add something else at breakfast, add some popcorn.  You can have the 94% fat free microwavable popcorn, or you can pop your own with just a tiny bit of olive oil - or air popped.

Remember to eat until you are full, and during the first few weeks, eat all the allowable foods until you are full.  Do not go hungry!!

If you don't have the book, you can still begin until you get one.  There's a post on the newcomers page that gives you a synopsis on how to begin. --- But DO get a book.  It is invaluable!  Read the diet portion at least 3 times - you'll find that you will discover a little more each time.

If you follow the program as Roger points out in the book, you will have great success.  Post often and ask anything you'd like.  You can also use the "search" button at the top of every page, then type in any key word (oatmeal for example) and possibly find the answer to any question you might have.

I hope this helps.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

larry w dennis,

After you are on LDL for a few days to a couple of weeks you will find you NO longer have a desire for the oatmeal or cereal.  You will lose the cravings for the sweet things when you do LDL correctly.  It is absolutely amazing what happens to you when you're following LDL.  IT just happens to you automatically.

You will suddenly realize that you no longer have cravings for the bad things - non LDL foods.  I used to crave cereal, pizza, bread, cookies, candy...and after starting LDL, I lost all that.  I began to notice that my pants were getting bigger and bigger...and my sweaters also.

I lost 30 pounds in two months.  I think that is more than I have ever lost in any two month period in my life whether is was Atkins, Herbalife, counting calories, etc.

Trust us...it works!  I don't think people can argue with success. 

If you have more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.  Someone will be certain to help you with an answer.

God bless!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
MamaCarley

Post by MamaCarley »

I understand the oatmeal question as I was in mourning for oatmeal for a few days. It is true that you won't miss it after a while. Hang in there and just stick with it for a while. I'm on week 2 and it gets much better and much easier!!
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

I didn't miss oatmeal, but initially I missed my cream of wheat! Now I LOVE my smoothies...feel like I'm missing something if I don't have it!!
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

larry w dennis,

Another thing you can have for breakfast is cinnamon apple.  I cut my apple in chunks after coring it and use a little dab of water, some cinnamon, and Splenda.  I also add either ginger or nutmeg depending on my mood.  Or you could use pumpkin pie spice.  I cook it in the micro for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes and check it.  It is delicious!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
MamaCarley

Post by MamaCarley »

OK- I tried the hot banana dish and it was nasty! I'm wondering if I made it wrong or if I missed something. It was hot banana's floating in orange juice. Maybe it's just not my thing....  :P
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

don't know if you did something different than Mary or not, but either way..you never know if you don't try!!
Veronica
Tori

Post by Tori »

Everyone has different tastes, that's for sure, so just keep trying different recipes that you find here on the boards until you find what you like best. 
MamaCarley

Post by MamaCarley »

I think it was a texture thing for me.
VIRGOHALL

Post by VIRGOHALL »

OK....SO FOR THE FIRST FEW WEEKS...I SHOULDNT STRESS ABOUT EATING EXACTLT HOW THE "MENU" IS LAYED OUT? AS LONG AS ITS A LDL APPROVED FOOD AND I DONT EAT PROTEIN AT NIGHT..I CAN EAT ALL DAY?  IM NEW AND STILL TRYING TO LEARN.