EGG MC CORNTHINS

Start your morning out right!
Queenie
Administrator

Re: EGG MC CORNTHINS

Post by Queenie »

Oh, and more good news - I found the Jennie-O Extra Lean Bacon at a Super K-Mart today!!  Yippee!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Yippee, Carolyn!

Since you have it, could you list the ingredients here for me?

NJ
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Yep,  Here they are:

Mechanically separated Turkey, White Turkey, Dark Turkey, Water, Salt.  Contains 2% or less of Potassium Lactate, Natural Smoke Flavoring, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrate.

Now, I know that this is considered LDL friendly, but that Natural Smoke Flavoring.....  I will probably only use this every once in a while.  But it's nice to know that if I WANT this I can have it.

Carolyn

EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Thanks Carolyn;

I know that some things have several different versions (I was excited once to find 'I.M.Healthy Soynut Butter" in my regular grocery store one day, but I didn't buy it because it listed sugar as one of the ingredients.)
I am going to take this list with me and try to find this in the Super K-Mart across town. I just wanted the ingredients to make sure I don't buy the wrong thing.

NJ
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Yeah,
Just make sure it's the "Extra Lean"... if it weren't for Mary saying that, I wouldn't have realized that there was more than one "version" of this product...

Carolyn

LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hey Peeps,

I made this for breakfast this morning minus the bacon.  Oh My GOSH were they GOOD!  ;D  ;D  ;D 

NJ, the IM Healthy soynut butter unsweetened is what you need.  If your grocery store can get the kind WITH sugar they should be able to get the kind without.  Ask them okay? 

You know, I was thinking today about how good God is.  He has even found a legal substitute for one of my big favs from Mickey D's.  Now I know if I ever get a craving for one.....I just make my own!  Of course, I have to be honest and say.....when I am eating enough, beans, corn and winter squash I don't crave bread in the least.  Aint it great?? 

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by EnJae »

LP wrote: "NJ, the IM Healthy soynut butter unsweetened is what you need."

Oh, I found it months ago at my health food store! I was just surprised to find it with sugar in it at my grocery store.

NJ
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hey NJ,

I know!  Here at Kroger there are like five different kinds of the stuff.  One day I grabbed a jar and finished shopping, got to the checkout and looked down and had picked up the kind with sugar in it.  EEEK!!!  I'm glad I caught that before I checked out and got home with it! 

(In Faith) Little Princess

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

I have always wondered is the IM healthy soynut butter with honey okay?  It didnt list any sugar only honey?  Just curious
Debbie
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hey Ms Debbie,

I'm not sure.  I'm still so paranoid about added sugars and I love the unsweetened so it works for me.  Try it with some of the polaner all fruits.  It's YUMMY!

(In Faith)  Little Princess

Post by trutan »

What is a corn thin and where do I get it from?
niki

Post by niki »

hi kim.........cornthins are like rice cakes(but better)and are made out of compressed popcorn...you can get them in health food stores or certain supermarkets...it depends on where you live....you can also buy them online......if you put the word "cornthins" into the search engine,you can find the link to that web site and a lot more info on them............hope this helped.............niki
trutan
New, but learning

Post by trutan »

Thanks Niki :)
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Carrole,
Bringing my all time favorite breakfast back to the top of the boards for you!!! ENJOY!!!

I also eat the corn thins with larger sausage nuggets sort of like a chicken fried steak on a biscuit for breakfast.  Usually keeps me filled till late afternoon or sometimes even dinner.
God Bless
Debbie
Last edited by DEBBIEWEBE on February 27th, 2009, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

I love those dancing smilies,  they are so cheery.  It is so cold here my hands are about froze.  Just got back from the store.  I sit down at the computer and see all these dancing smilies and feel warm and cheery.  Love them.

I could use some breakfast ideas, feel I need a little protein in the morning to keep me going as  like to eat lunch around 2.

Hugs, Carrole
redrita
New, but learning

Post by redrita »

I really need my book -- are there recipes anywhere?
Gwennaford
Master Member

For Rita

Post by Gwennaford »

Rita - you actually posted this question IN the breakfast foods recipe section.  It is HARD to navigate the boards at first, so don't feel bad. 

One way to access all the topics is to go down to the very bottom of this screen where you are reading this message.  Look for the banner box on the bottom right that says "Jump to" .  Click on the little down arrow and the entire message board menu will pop up.  You will see all the main headings and all the subjects under them.  Click on a subject and then click on 'go' on the right of the banner box.

There are nine categories of recipes:  breakfast, soups, salads, drinks, main dishes, side dishes & appetizers... on & on.  Open the category of your choice, click on a recipe name.  If the recipe is not the first thing listed, then your preferences are set to display the newest messages first.  You have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the last page of replies to actually see the oldest post where the recipe is.  Click on the highest page number to get to the last page of this recipe "thread". 

All the message boards on the HOME page are in a collapsible menu format and your recipe board may be closed.  Go to the message board "HOME" page (Let's Do Lunch Community).  Look at all the Headings.  See the one in dark blue titled Recipes, Ideas, & Methods?  If it has a little plus sign on the left, it is closed & you can open it by clicking on the plus sign to turn it into a minus sign.  If it already has the minus sign, simply scroll down the list to see all the recipe categories.

Gwen
Last edited by Gwennaford on May 16th, 2009, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
PMH

Post by PMH »

Hi Everyone,
I thought we could only have fruit for breakfast and then we're supposed to have protein for lunch and then more fruit for dinner.  Am I missing something?  Perhaps we can have fruit for breakfast and then if we are still hungry we can have an egg or corn thins?  Is that it?  Can we have both? I am somewhat confused..................
redrita
New, but learning

Post by redrita »

PMH, I'm still a little confused myself.  I'm also a Newbie.  The replies have been awesome and I really really appreciate all the great feedback, suggestions, etc., but I'm looking forward to picking up my book today.  I just feel like I'm missing something to this "let's do lunch".  Let's stay encouraged