EGG MC CORNTHINS

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

I thought I had posted this before but I couldnt find it anywhere so here goes

THIS IS MY FAVORITE BREAKFAST for the "I cant face a Smoothie today Mornings"

2 slices allowed turkey bacon
1/2 slice fat free cheese
1 over medium egg fried in soy margerine
2 corn thins

Assemble like an Egg Mc Muffin Sandwich and ENJOY................I usually EAT TWO CAUSE THEY ARE SOO GOOD

I used to eat them with a nice big Diet Coke and the potato pancakes but now Im just having a little juice or water since I GAVE UP DIET SODA!!!
Love and God Bless
Debbie
niki

Re: EGG MC CORNTHINS

Post by niki »

aha...the oj is a substitute for diet soda...gotcha....NOW tell me what kind of turkey bacon is ldl friendly..before let's do lunch,one of my many favorite breakfasts was bacon and eggs on big slices of multi grain bread(i used to LOVE big breakfasts)....................niki
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Its the Jennie O one that Mary said Roger Approved of....if you "search"  turkey bacon you should find it
niki

Post by niki »

you know,it's funny that you say that.....jennie o is the brand of turkey burgers that i almost bought last week from costco because i had a coupon....the box says that they're 95% fat free from turkey breast so i thought they would be good.....i found sugar and dextrose in the ingredients.....i just CAN'T believe the things that people put sugar in............niki
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Calories in Extra Lean Turkey Bacon

Manufactured by Jennie-O Turkey Store

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 slice (15.0 g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories 20Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.5g1%
Cholesterol 10mg3%
Sodium 140mg6%
Total Carbohydrates 0.0g0%
Protein 3.0g

* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

It looked pretty harmless...........I just went with what Mary and Roger were talking about : )
Last edited by DEBBIEWEBE on January 26th, 2007, 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
niki

Post by niki »

that does sound harmless.....i'm going to look for this in the store..............thanks,debbie.........niki
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

I use it a lot in navy bean soup too.....gives it flavor but I figure it barely counts as meat/protein in my dinner soup meal.  Probably not even a whole slice in a bowl of soup.
niki

Post by niki »

that sounds great.....you are totally on track.....and ANYTHING that makes ANYONE eat more beans is ALRIGHT in my book..........you're doing great...reading your posts makes me smile...........niki
imkay

Post by imkay »

this is what my DH has for breakfast every day.  but not with the bacon. i  will have to look for some as a special treat for him.  he is a big guy and works outside so he eats protein more than once a day.  but i'm telling you, he is really dropping the pounds!
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Thanks Mary, Kay, Niki,
I swore I posted this before couldnt find it anywhere!!! So I apologize if its a duplicate.  I DO think its weird that I posted it the night before tom comes in here talking about a McDonalds whoops!!!! Kay thats awesome about your husband.  Mine is not joining at the present on LDL although he did so last time.  I told Niki last night Im sort of relieved to not have to worry about him and me at the same time.  Im just sort of pulling a Mary on him by sneaking it in here or there when hes not looking.  When he sees me losing again Im sure he will hop back in but for now I have my hands full keeping myself on track. 
Love You Guys
Debbie

ITS GREAT TO BE BACK
imkay

Post by imkay »

you know debbie it's really weird.  i just make sure there are lots of soup choices in the fridge and lots of fruit and he goes from there.  he came in the room yesterday and said "i'm out of mexican bean soup"  normally he would have just not worried about it and made a sandwich.  but people are noticing that he is shrinking so i just make more soup!!!  (with lots of beans!)
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
Tori

Post by Tori »

If you don't have time to fry up your eggs, here is a great alternative, and what I do when making a quick egg. (By the way Debbie, gonna try your recipe here ... sounds delicious!)

Take a dish with a small, round bottom and spray with olive oil spray. (Coffee cup, rammiken (sp?), that type of thing)

Break your egg into a seperate dish and beat well. Pour into your small round dish, and cover with saran wrap. (Leave the wrap open on one side, but still loosely covering it. Keeps egg splatter down!)

Microwave on high for about 30 seconds. Take a "spoonula", and release the egg. Flip it over, and microwave for about another 20 seconds or so. Use your spoonula to remove and place on your corn thin. Makes a perfectly round, thick, egg for your McCorn Thin. LOL! 
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Debbie you are a GENIUS!  ;D

I have had corn thins with eggs for breakfast a couple of times....mostly when I'm missing the eggs with toast thing.  But it never even occured to me to make this out of it!  I don't have any bacon but I would be completely satisfied without it in this recipe!  Oh my gosh I'm looking forward to next sunday now.  LOL  That's when I usually have eggs and corn thins.

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))  You're on the right track again my sister.  GREAT JOB!!! 

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Thanks Guys, it was one of the few things I created that my husband said..............Wow those are good!!!! lol
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Debbie,

I've been looking for the Jennie-O Extra Lean Turkey Bacon since it was first mentioned here.  I finally wrote an email to the company today & the email that I received said that Super K-Mart was the only place around here that carries it.  Guess where we're going tomorrow??  LOL!  Yep!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Carolyn,
Good to know....my sister has a big super Kmart by her house I might have to have her stock up for me when it goes on sale!!!!  You guys are gonna love these.  My kids will even devour them!!!  Thats always a problem I find something I like then the store I buy it at stops carrying it.  Always good to have a backup plan. : )
Debbie
niki

Post by niki »

and i'm going to look in fairway when i go tomorrow...niki
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

OK, Miss Debbie -

I just wanted to let you know that I made these this morning.  I've not gotten the bacon yet, but I did have some Applegate Farms (LDL approved) turkey sausage in my freezer, so I used that.

I took two corn thins, cooked my egg, put a piece of jalapeno cheddar cheese on it to melt it, cut one sausage in quarters (long ways), assembled it and put just a dash of Pace Picante (also LDL approved) on the top - DEEELICIOUS!!  I actually made two of them, using one piece of sausage for two "McCornthins".... 

Yum, Yum!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Im so HAPPY you enjoyed them Miss Carolyn!!!!  The more substitutes I can find for my old favorites, the happier I remain on Lets Do Lunch.  I hope with your wonderful review some of the others will be tempted to try them as well.  I would love to have a recipe or two show up in Roger's book someday so every so often I try and contribute something I enjoy. 
Love and God Bless
Debbie