Grits

Start your morning out right!
Winfield

Grits

Post by Winfield »

We found organic grits at out local health food store. Ingredients are organic corn and water. Is that acceptable for LDL?

Thank you
Queenie
Administrator

Re: Grits

Post by Queenie »

Winfield,

Go to the search button (in the blue toolbar towards the top of the page) and type in "grits".  The problem with the cornmeal is not the corn, but the way that it seems to be processed.  You will find numorous posts where people added these things to their program and either stopped losing weight or even gained. 

Bottom line is - I wouldn't eat them.  As soon as your cravings disappear (should be within just a few days), you'll find that you don't even want things like this anymore.  Load up on corn, peas, and beans and your cravings for bread, grits, potatoes, etc. will go away.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Winfield

Post by Winfield »

Being new to the site, I realized that I should have done exactly what you suggested and did so after I posted the ? about grits. Sorry about that. I did see the information and will stay away..thank you.
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Hey, no sweat - that's what's nice about this site - we're all here to help each other!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Welcome to LDL Winfield...You're going to love this program as much as the rest of us! Please be sure to read your book at least 3x to get what you missed the first time or 2 through. Also wanted to let you know...we're all here any time you want to ask questions!! (AND even if you don't have questions but just need a friendly "Voice". ) We have lots of fun here as well as the support of each other on LDL!!
Veronica