hot breakfast

Start your morning out right!
snowbirdie
Master Member

hot breakfast

Post by snowbirdie »

hi everyone.
  We have missed a hot breakfast. Since we live in Northern Minnesota on the canadian border it is cold for a long time . winter is from september or october to may. So we need a hot breakfast. so here it is.
           2 bananas
           berries-blue berries ,blackberries,strawberries or any other fruit you might like. I used fresh straw berries and the others were frozen. I microwave the bowl full for 2 minutes. It becomes thick and mushy like oatmeal. I stir it up sprinkle cinnamon splenda on top and boy is it yummy. I think I might like it with raisins and apples. But I suppose the apples should be cooked first some then add the raisins. That will be tomorrow morning. I think this would be good for evening meal also.
try it and let me know how you like it.       judie
Last edited by snowbirdie on November 2nd, 2009, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Re: hot breakfast

Post by LittlePrincess »

Judie this sounds yummy.  I'll give it a try.  :)

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Forever Young »

Judie,

Yes, this does sound good.  I do not make smoothies...I eat whole fruit...but...if I was going to make a smoothie, this sounds delicious!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Well it is not exactly a smoothie more like legal oatmeal. It is quite thick and hot!  I like a good sprinkle of cinnamon splenda over the top after it is well cooked. I don't much like cold things so this is great. 

judie
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

hi mary
Sorry I "stole " your recipe hot and sweet banana treat, I just missed seeing it listed. So When we had this one morning we loved it and thought it was original.  Duh! anyway you recipe is really yummy and now ralph asks for it instead of pancakes.
                          judie
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

snowbirdie wrote:hi mary
Sorry I "stole " your recipe hot and sweet banana treat, I just missed seeing it listed. So When we had this one morning we loved it and thought it was original.   Duh! anyway you recipe is really yummy and now ralph asks for it instead of pancakes.
                          judie

I don't think you "stole" or borrowed anything.  Your recipe is a little different and I had never thought about doing the fruit this way!  I'm gonna have to give this a try!