Apple Pancake Recipe

Start your morning out right!
LRittle
New, but learning

Apple Pancake Recipe

Post by LRittle »

Hi,
I just finished breakfast with my DH and want to share something new I created from LDL foods.

Apple Pancakes (this amount served 2, but one could eat the whole recipe if so desired!)
1 chopped apple (cored, not peeled...I used my chopper or it could be done in a food processor)
2 eggs
2 cups popcorn flour
3 tspoons cinnemon
Any other fruit you may want to add to your pancakes..i added some fresh blueberries (about 1/2 cup)

Mix all together in a bowl and drop by tablespoons into a non stick pan ( I sprayed mine with olive oil)
Flatten out the small pancakes and fry till brown on each side...about 4 minutes.
Serve with any All Fruit Spread... and enjoy.

This recipe made 8 pancakes for my DH and me....and it was plenty for our breakfast with our coffee.

I think I may cut up strawberries and put stevia on them next time and serve them over top of the apple only pancakes. I also am going to try banana added to the apple based pancakes....let your imagination guide you!
Linda
"Praise Him from whom all blessings flow!"
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Re: Apple Pancake Recipe

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Linda,

These sound great!  ;D  I let myself have LDL pancakes about once a month on sunday mornings.  I don't eat them on a regular basis because of the eggs.  (I've been on the program for a little over 8 months now and don't eat any proteins except at lunch with the exception an occassional treat.) 

It's great to see you are already creating recipes!  I'm not that creative in the kitchen so I'm always happy to see new recipes on the boards.  Keep on keeping on with LDL and you will keep sliding DOWN the scales.  Welcome to LDL.  :)

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by racash »

My wife and I was wondering what pop corn flour is?

Thanks
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Dear racash,

First of all, let me welcome you to Let's Do Lunchtm and the LDL boards.  Popcorn flour is very simply: popped popcorn which you have ground as fine as you can grind.  I pop my corn in the air popper and then I put it in my food processor or blender or bullet and grind it as fine as I can grind it.  (It is really light and airy....and it will go all over the place, so be very careful as you can really make yourself a mess unless warned ahead of time.  Want to know how I know?  I MADE MYSELF A MESS!!!)

The apple pancake is great!  Since I love cinnamon, I use lots of it and also sometimes add the nutmeg or ginger for a change.

Again, welcome to Let's Do Lunchtm!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
redrita
New, but learning

Post by redrita »

Until I receive my book, I'm lost - how do you make "popcorn flour"?
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Hi,
          you make popcorn, then put it in your blender, or magic bullet, or vitamix and blend intil smooth. be careful....it tends to fly all over and sticks like styrofoam bits. 
                                          G-d bless
                                                  kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
redrita
New, but learning

Post by redrita »

Thanks Grace -- Good Morning All - I will try the popcorn flour over the weekend and have some pancakes.  Perhaps, I should have waited until I received my book - but if you guys would take a look at my first day of meals and give me your thoughts that would be great - it's been a rushed start to the day and I was unsure as to what to buy except
"refried beans" and fruit

Breakfast - Protein Shake - Lite (fat 2g, sugar 1g, protein 20g)
                Mixed fruit plate
Lunch - Refried Beans (Jalapena); two fried eggs overeasy w/chicken strips

That's all I know so far

What do you think so far?

Breakfast -
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

So far - You can skip the protein shake & make fresh fruit smoothies 'til they're coming out of your ears!  It sounds really crazy, but adding some cooked white beans to your smoothies pumps up the protein & makes them even more filling.  AND you absolutely cannot taste the beans.

A bean a day keeps the Bean Queen away!  JK - We still love you Niki, even though you rarely come out to play anymore.

The rest is okey-dokey as long as you are cooking your eggs in a tiny bit of olive oil and not an animal product.  Did you cook your chicken strips from scratch, or were they frozen?  It's important to read the package label to make sure you're not getting a bagful of sugar & chemicals.  You will refine these kinds of things as you get further along with Let's Do Lunch.  You're off to a great start!  Keep up the good work.

don't forget to puree some berries to serve on top of your popcorn flour pancakes!

Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
redrita
New, but learning

Post by redrita »

Thanks guys - I had some work done on my teeth yesterday, and I was so hungry by the time I could eat, I had scrambled eggs and berries (straw, rasp and blck) and a Tblespoon of fried beans.  I'm more of a peas person, (blackeyed or crowder) are these acceptable - the refried  beans seem to be giving me gas (any suggestions)
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Eggs and berries are good.  If you're not used to eating beans, your body will take a couple of weeks to get used to them.  Until then, Beano works great. Blackeyes peas and Crowder beans are fine as long as they have nothing added to them in the can.  NO fats, sugars, etc.  On LDL, we become really good label readers.  Keep up the good work.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

redrita
New, but learning

Post by redrita »

Now, all I need is some cornbread and I'm good to go -- I don't have my book yet - so is there a recipe for bread/cakes that would substitute for the cornbread -say yes, yes, yes :>)  I'm going to grab some Beno today - thanks
redrita
New, but learning

Post by redrita »

Are the corn thins more like crackers or bread?  *grrr*
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Canned refried beans are notorious for causing bad gas.  Look for the nonfat vegetarian version (no sugar) to get as few additives as possible if you need to eat the canned.  Or buy canned, thoroughy rinse & drain them & puree with chicken or vegetable broth.  I encourage you to cook a big batch of beans from scratch and incorporate them into all kinds of recipes that you can save & freeze.  I mash them with my stick blender with as little of the pot liquor as possible to get them semi-smooth and they firm up as the starches "bloom" as Alton Brown says.  They are so good with a little onion & garlic powder & jalepenos -- and toasted CORN THINS!   YumYum

Corn thins are exactly like a pressed rice cake, only half as thick.  There are 26 of them in one "loaf"; 30 loaves to a case.  $2.50 apiece is the least $$ we have found them for.  At first, like rice cakes, they just taste like styrofoam.  But lightly toasted (watch them every second or they will catch on fire) they take on a wonderful nutty taste and you will soon want to add them to every meal.  Just don't do what I did & keep snacking on them until the whole case is gone!

Try the Banzo Biscuits as a substitute for cornbread on the Side Dishes recipe board.  (warning - the old cornmeal cornbread recipes are no longer LDL acceptable)  They are made in the food processor with cooked garbanzo beans and cooked in the microwave.  You can't really crumble them into soups or they tend to dissolve because of the lack of gluten in them.  But day-old, served on the side, you'd swear you're eating cornbread.  Be sure to add a LOT of seasoning to them.  They are fine as an occasional food, but some people find if they frequently eat a lot of them it slows down their weight loss and raises their blood sugar.  But a couple with your bean soup every few days should be fine.

If you can't chew, you can always make smoothies & blended bean & veggie soups.  Pat's Hot Smoothie recipe contains pumpkin, fruit & pureed beans & is very nutritious & filling.  Mary's The Most Filling Tomato Soup Ever (soup board) is bulked up with pureed beans & you could eat that for days.  I think they tell you not to use a straw after dental surgery, so be sure to drink everything from a cup, mug or glass. 

You are doing great, Rita.  Keep up the good spirits & all the hard work you are doing!

Gwen
Last edited by Gwennaford on May 15th, 2009, 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
redrita
New, but learning

Post by redrita »

Thanks Gwen for all the great information and encouragement.

I will check out the recipe section and see if I whipped something together.  Sunday, I'm going to cook a nice pot of black eyed peas (not canned) with onions, tomatoes and okra
Tina K

Post by Tina K »

I'm so excited to try this recipe! I think it will go over very well with the family! I'm trying to find different recipes that the hubby & kids will like too! Thanks! ;D
chipmunk

Post by chipmunk »

Sounds so good *love*can't wait to try them..