Trying Out New Recipes

Start your morning out right!
LRittle
New, but learning

Trying Out New Recipes

Post by LRittle »

I have decided to try to create some new recipes with LDL ingredients. Today, I am working on making some LDL fruit muffins with Chick Pea Flour. They are in the oven as we speak....I will let you know how they turn out once they are done and we have sampled them. I have a zeal to try to make some healthy good things for us all. I will keep you posted! Linda
"Praise Him from whom all blessings flow!"
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: Trying Out New Recipes

Post by patsyfay »

Speaking of chick pea flour, I was wondering.....now that we are allowed to have oatmeal, could we make oat flour out of it and make muffins, pancakes, etc.?  I know that many think that processing may take something away from it, but if we know what we're starting with and know what the end product is, couldn't we try it?  Just wondering.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

LRittle
New, but learning

Post by LRittle »

I dont know about the oatmeal flour..but i would venture to say, it is one thing we may need to limit, which is why chickpea flour may be a better option.
Mary, Roger, other LDL Experts...what's your feedback on this ?
LRittle
New, but learning

Here is the Result of the Chickpea Flour Muffin Trial!!!

Post by LRittle »

OK, here iis the results of the "Chickpea Flour Muffings"..........................Excellent!!!!!!
Here is the recipe:

Breakfast Muffins
2 cups Chickpea flour
2 eggs
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 peeled,cored and chopped apple
2 bananas, mashed
1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup apple juice
2 tsp cinnemon
Sweetner (Stevia is best...equal to about 1 tsp liquid is what i used..dont know the powder equivalent)
Spray a 12 muffin pan with Pam
Spoon the muffin mix equally into 12 muffins
Bake at 380 for 35 minutes.

PS. You could add raisins if you wish, or cranberries...but I had blueberries in the freezer today.
If you want to adjust the fruit, you could. Just  be sure to have at least a cup of liquid in the recipe...I used fruit juice for the flavor and natural sweetness.
These would be great with coffee ...and i guess they could be eaten during the day?? Would the 2 eggs make them a protein meal, since there is only 2 divided in all 12???
SteveKW
New, but learning

Post by SteveKW »

All,

Quick Google provided:
chickpea flour = besan (flour) = gram flour = cici flour = chana flour = garbanzo bean flour  Shopping hints:  Look for this in Indian markets or health food stores.  To make your own:  Lightly roast dried garbanzo beans, then grind them in a blender until mixture has the consistency of flour. Substitutes:  lightly roast dried yellow split peas, then grind them in a blender until mixture has the consistency of flour OR all-purpose flour (different flavor and consistency)

Steve
LRittle
New, but learning

Post by LRittle »

Making the chickpea flour in the Vita Mix is the only way I have done it. You must get the dried garbanzo (chick peas) and then process them in the Vita Mix. I personally do not have one, but my friend does...so she ground it for me ....a simple task with the Vita Mix. If you try to use the canned ones, they will not turn into flour but paste of some sorts...so just get the dried chick peas. I get mine at a nutrition store. They are sold either in bulk or in pre weighed bags. I hope this helps. Linda
jerio

Post by jerio »

I woner if anyone has a recipe for humus....I tried some a couple of weeks ago, and tried making it...mine wasn't as good as what I tried...but it's not bad..so I've been having it for breakfast..I fill up egg white halves and they taste a lot like devilled eggs, but with no mayo or extra fat....I used ground chickpeas and added chicken broth and red pepper...I know there must be another ingredient or two, so if anyone knows..I would appreciate help on it.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

jeri...i'm going to bring up my recipe for hummus with peppers and onions.....although when i use red peppers, i use garlic instead, sauteeing the garlic whole and then food processing the whole thing.....ALWAYS put the chick peas in the food processor first until you get a paste...then,add the peppers and onions(or garlic)...i LOVE this..and i particularly like it because there aren't a lot of ingredients and it's SO easy AND i can eat ALL i want...the corn thins are PERFECT with it, although you can also easily use raw vegetables.............niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
jerio

Post by jerio »

Oh, thank you , Niki...Im really glad to have found this....yes..I will use it with raw veggies...and the egg whites...the possibilities are endless..I will make the paste and then add the onions , garlic and pepper....another great bean dish..! ;D