USE EGG BEATERS INSTEAD OF EGGS

Start your morning out right!
snowbirdie
Master Member

Re: USE EGG BEATERS INSTEAD OF EGGS

Post by snowbirdie »

hi roger.
        I usually don't use egg beaters as they are a little pricey,rather I don't use the yolk but take the white and add a few drops of yellow food color and beat well. They make wonderful scrambled eggs and look quite like they have yolks in them. I guess you could cook with them also.
          Judie
BradyBunchMom

Post by BradyBunchMom »

Just curious, what's on the ingredients list for egg beaters?  We get free ranged chicken eggs usually (from our chickens or those of friends).....are egg beaters really better?  I'm not sure that egg beaters wouldn't be cheaper at times than the money we put into chickens but then there is the entertainment/teaching value of having them.  Those of you who have ever watched two young boys tend to chickens might understand?

Thanks,
Julie
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

RT just curious, but why is "natural flavor" in egg beaters ok, but in other foods you warn of that being a way to "hide sugar" and it's not ok? again not questioning your wisdom, but just wondering.
Veronica
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

see that's why we ask questions and get great answers from you RT!
Thanks for the answer.
Rhea

Post by Rhea »

I just wondered why we are being advised to use 'egg beaters' (not sure we can get this in th UK) instead of eggs? Have I missed something?

Rhea
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Rhea;

I THINK "EggBeaters" is just cartoned egg whites.
If you have a cholesterol problem then you can get the same benefit by eating just egg whites, straining out the yolks.

NJ
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Another suggestion is to use two or three egg whites and one yolk and it cuts the cholesterol way down if you cannot stand the plain egg whites.

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:Hi, Rhea. Eggs are fine, but Egg Beaters are even better, so it's your call. People with cholesterol problems should be eating Egg Beaters.

i discussed this with roger before posting.......i want to say that if you don't have a problem with cholesterol, you can eat a certain number of eggs without a problem....most of the cholesterol in your body is manufactured BY your body and some people produce more than others....type 2 diabetics have elevated cholesterol levels and people with insulin resistance do also because of the excess insulin in their bloodstream which can't reach into the cells because of the impairment of the cell receptor sites....
  it's very important to monitor these blood levels so that you know where you stand..and if you're on let's do lunch, it's wonderful to know how your overall health is improving by eating in this wonderful healthy way.....
  a couple of eggs are a very healthy meal..the whites AND the yolk work together to create a pretty perfect food(NOT as good as BEANS)..there are loads of vitamins and minerals that are contained in the yolk that you should think twice before passing on.....i wouldn't eat eggs every day......to tell you the truth, i get so used to eating a certain way, THIS has reminded me that i haven't eaten eggs in QUITE some time.....i would say that anyone could eat a couple of eggs a couple of times a week without a problem(i buy organic eggs from costco at a very decent price)....IF you are on medication to lower your cholesterol, you definitely must follow guidelines set by your physician............happy eating........sincerely,niki 
Last edited by niki on October 31st, 2007, 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..