French toast.

Start your morning out right!
snowbirdie
Master Member

French toast.

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi all,
    I make french toast for my son Mike once or twice a month as it is one of his favorites. Ralphie who is on LDL looks longingly at it but I try to get him to understand that mum and him do not eat it. I was thinking and thinking how I could help him. Soooooooo I took 1 egg and beat it up.ha ha then I took a wasa thin actually 2 of them dipped them in the egg and cooked in a very little olive oil till brown. topped with a teaspoon of sugar free marmalade and guess what he loved it! I made 1 for myself and it really was good. Maybe this is not acceptable  just tell me and I will forget it. It won't be an everyday thing just once or twice a month.
              judie
Queenie
Administrator

Re: French toast.

Post by Queenie »

How creative of you, Judie!

I would think that this would be perfectly acceptable every now and again.... but if not, those that are wiser than me will point this out.  I think it's fantastic that you were able to do this for Ralphy...

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

sounds fine to me.....glad you guys enjoyed it...niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

This sounds great as an occasional treat.  Didn't someone say that necessity was the mother of invention?  Well, Judie, you did it for Ralphy...and all the rest of us!  Pat yourself on the back for this one!

Love,
Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

hi It really was tasty but maybe once or twice a month only.
              judie
    thanks
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi
      Today ralphy wanted french toast again so for something different I spread mashed banana on wasa then dipped in egg and fried in a little olive oil. He said it was soooo good. I used to put bananas in the regular bread french toast so he was really wanting some. Oh with a little sprinkle of cinnamon on top.

Judie