How to get more people doing LDL

Start your morning out right!
margo
Master Member

Re: How to get more people doing LDL

Post by margo »

Hi Georgean...

If i got to LDL because God led me there...and if you were praying and then saw the ad in the newspaper...and if many of us here believe that LDL is a great gift of God that we were led here and have found success in our weight loss and a great community of kindred spirits as well,  what could possiblyh be the problem with that?

I love the fact that Roger Troy and the rest of the LDLers have succeeded in keeping God the central focus of our help with the issue of weight loss and the food addiction, from which so many of us suffer. I remember sitting at WW meetings and mentioning God and everyone looking around like i had sprouted a second nose. 

But i think that more and more, people are turning to God.  I think that every day people realize that HE is the only power we can rely on and turn to for help and direction.
AA and Narcotics AA -- in fact all of the 12 step programs that deal with addictions -gambling, sex addiction, shopping, etc., they all turn to God for help.  For addicts, we KNOW for sure that we are powerless over the substance that holds us by the neck!  Whenever i am praying i always remember to thank God for keeping me eating well and i ask Him to continue to guide me and protect me from those devlish cravings!

In short...i agree with Roger Troy to keep God central in LDL!  You know, when a person believes that God has led him to something (like God led RT to discover this miraculous way of eating), it would be difficult, if not impossible, to deny God's part in it...When God inspires some helpful action or successful activity, all the credit must go to God. 

My dad is a doubter...and boy...it can really wear you out!  The doubters are welcome to go to WW or some other program.  May GOd give me patience!!

margo (sorry if my writing is not so clear tonight....rushing!)

I would also be interested in other opinions. 
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hey!  i'm not a bad spammer...but i should have figured that that word would be censured!  Hehhehehe......sorry!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

GD wrote:Does anyone out there agree with me or have any ideas on the subject.

hi georgean......i absolutely don't believe that mentioning God has hindered roger in ANY way.......if the demographics could be broken down, i think you'd find that more christians have bought roger's book than any other group...there ARE a lot of overweight christians and christians with food issues...the way that i found the book was on a christian website.........had God not been mentioned in the book, it would not have been on that website...
  at my job and at church, i have had SO many people come up to me telling me how good i look....especially at work where i now wear fitted little tops, fitted pants and makeup....i think my face was red all day from being embarassed that first day that i went in dressed so differently from my baggy scrubs.....but out of all those nurses, NOONE wanted to try let's do lunch...noone wanted to give up the unhealthy carbs or sugars.......and NO MATTER how many times i told them that you LOSE the cravings for that stuff with let's do lunch, they WEREN'T hearing me.....they see how i eat...they see me pass on all the junk........i want to say that maybe you have to be desperate...but then, i wasn't desperate when i found the book......i had GIVEN UP HOPE of ever losing the extra weight.....and my weight was on it's way up to 200 pounds........
  in my humble opinion, EVERYTHING that roger and anita have been doing is RIGHT ON THE MARK....not everyone goes for the same things...thousands of people have been helped by let's do lunch...i BELIEVE that let's do lunch is EXACTLY the way God intended for us to eat and i thank Him every day for it.......God blessed me BIG TIME the day i first heard the name roger troy wilson...just like the gospel, some people hear it and keep walking.......but, SOME stop to listen....the same thing with let's do lunch....SOME people WILL stop and listen........ultimately, God's will WILL be done.......WHAT we eat affects everything we do...THAT'S why it's important to God that we get our eating habits under control...i want GOD to control what i am and what i do and NOT food.....i'm a work in progress.......very sincerely,niki
Last edited by niki on October 30th, 2007, 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Rhea

Post by Rhea »

I agree that Roger is taking exactly the right approach. When dealing with 'the world' I think it is wise to do as the media coach suggested and speak in a way that will be widely understood and not put people off because they don't understand...

Whether God is mentioned or not, you only have to look at Roger's photo or read his words to feel the presence and love of God -- and that will reach people, whether God is mentioned by name or not. If the name is not mentioned, they will not put up blocks and objections in their minds so they are likely to be more receptive. 'A rose by any other name would smell as sweet', as Shakespeare said...

And in my opinion the originality and effectiveness of this diet is in itself 'proof' that God is behind this diet, whether anyone mentions that or not!!!! You only have to try the diet to realise it is something very special, a special gift to us all.

Just my thoughts...

Rhea
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

I got the book because of my mom. BUT with that said, I am truly BLESSED that GOD is mentioned everywhere on the boards and in the book! It's refreshing to be able to speak about HIM and NOT feel as though I am the Odd man out! The Bible tells us (as I'm reminded in a song) to NOT be lukewarm in your faith.
This song I'm referring to says: "Some say we have to be careful, with the words that we sing in our songs. They say "Don't offend...it's a means to an end" but I say that those folks are wrong. Well Jesus himself has the answer for those that are thinking this way. Be cold or be hot, but Lukewarm be not. Choose whom you'll serve this day!" This is from a song performed by Crossroads Quartet.

Personally, I think this is a good reminder to all of us as Christians. We're suppose to SHARE our faith NOT Hide it!

Thank you Lord that Roger Chose to SHARE Your love, his faith and LDL with all of us.  
CJ

Post by CJ »

Sometime back there was talk of being on talk shows like Oprah and others. Oprah and Dr. Phil seem to be caught up with their regular guests on such subjects, but what about Martha Stewart or Rachael Ray? Going in with some really good LDL recipes would be wonderful for their show and LDL. I get sick of all the pasta recipes shown day in and day out. Rarely is there a "healthy" all around meal of appetizers through desserts and I know there are plenty of you that can make such meals. Do a questioner of the LDL followers to get the favorites and from there, take it forward. I believe it can be done!

When talking about God, it is a touchy situation. Back some time ago I watched Oprah when she had that news reporter on that got blown up and basically had little to no chance. I was SO IMPRESSED as I watched him and his wife speak of God and the miracles they witnessed. Later that night the man was on David Letterman and he did not mention anything about the higher powers. I was disappointed in his transformation from 'being real' to being what late night TV is accepting of. Point being.... absolutley nothing. I've just said a lot of words, and yet I've said nothing. Except perhaps my point is to be true to yourself.

There is a fine line as to how to go about anything that discusses religion. I know that and I respect that. I think the book speaks for itself and to get the book in front of millions, there is a diplomacy that might be needed. When I first heard Roger Troy (on a local talk show), I was a lot more impressed with the fact that he lived in New Brighton (where I lived for years - so I felt he was a real person) AND that he was not receiving a profit from his experiences. Speaking of God didn't do anything for me because from many people, that talk can be cheap. I believe actions speak louder than words. Roger's actions said a lot to me and I ordered the book right away.

Good luck at getting the word out. You are doing a great thing! All of you LDL people are.

Thank you.

To A Beautiful Person
(I don't know the author)
If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it.
If God had a wallet, your photo would be in it.
He sends you flowers every spring.
He sends you a sunrise every morning.
Whenever you want to talk, He listens.
He can live anywhere in the universe, but He chose your heart.
Face it friend, He is crazy about you!
God didn't promise days without pain,
laughter without sorrow, sun without rain,
but He did promise strength for the day,
comfort for the tears, and light for the way.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Carla wrote:To A Beautiful Person

this is beautiful, carla.......everytime i read it is like a sunrise on a sunny day....thank you 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
CJ

Post by CJ »

You're welcome. I had seen it before myself but when it came in today's mail (through the Fort Snelling Memorial Chapel's newsletter), I knew I had to save it -- for special people like you.
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Rhea...you said a mouthful.  You are absolutely right that RT's energy radiates.  His voice and words are powerful, whether or not, i imagine, he actually mentions God's name.  If RT entrusts his presentations to God and is filled with God's spirit, then that will radiate out and reach the people.  I support whatever decision he makes about this issue.  It's an interesting question, to be sure.

Yes, Niki, i also believe that LDL is the way God expected us to eat and designed us to eat.  LDL actually resets the human body's manufacturer's settings.  It is a miracle.  I also concur that some people just will not hear or accept LDL because they don't want to change their ways of eating.  I don't know if there is any hope for those people. 

And when we're talking about God, we're including Christians, Muslims (like myself) and those of the Jewish faith too!  We all worship The Same One God, after all!

Very interesting topic!  Thanks for raising the question.
God bless.
margo
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

:)  This is the best advise for all of us as parents to follow.  It is certainly summed up in a few words so eloquently in my opinion.  But, it certainly does thrill me to the very core of my soul to realize that GOD REALLY DOES CARE FOR US ALL THIS WAY!!!  WOW!!! is all I can say!

To A Beautiful Person

And I might add, eternal life for all who accept Him.

God bless and have a great weekend all!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

margo wrote: LDL actually resets the human body's manufacturer's settings.    

margo, that's a GREAT way of putting it........niki
Bonnie4
New, but learning

Post by Bonnie4 »

One of the main reasons I tried the discussions boards is because I felt the presents of God and christian
people. I was told about LDL from a women who volunteers where I work, she lost 126lbs and at the present went from 11 medications to 4 medications. She is so thankful because she can now walk better and has energy.  She had bought 11 books and gave away all but 10 !  i did tell her I had found the web site, she does not have a computer, so I told her I would tell everyone her story.

Bonnie
Best Wishes and God Bless !
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Bonnie4 wrote:One of the main reasons I tried the discussions boards is because I felt the presents of God and christian
people. I was told about LDL from a women who volunteers where I work, she lost 126lbs and at the present went from 11 medications to 4 medications. She is so thankful because she can now walk better and has energy.  She had bought 11 books and gave away all but 10 !  i did tell her I had found the web site, she does not have a computer, so I told her I would tell everyone her story.

that is AWESOME...it's wonderful to hear that someone has had that kind of success.....i'm very proud to be a part of something that can change someone's life SO much......tell her from me and from EVERYONE here that we're VERY proud of what's she's accomplished....
  i ALWAYS say that the people on the boards are just a SMALL percentage of ALL the let's do lunch success stories......
  when roger reads this, he will ask you if you would post her story here in the medical success section........perhaps she will allow you to print more details on the medications she no longer has to take...it will bless SO many people just to hear of her awesome success......here is a person who was a perfect candidate for gastric bypass, but she did it with let's do lunch instead....something that will carry her through her entire life without the risks and dangers of gastric bypass.....
  thank you for sharing her story,bonnie....and it's VERY nice to see you on the boards............PRAISE GOD....i believe this is how He always intended us to eat....the let's do lunch way........God bless you on your journey to better eating...............in Him,niki