Ful

Start your morning out right!
snowbirdie
Master Member

Re: Ful

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Gwen and Margo  I am going to order some beans from Bobs red mill and enjoy some ful too.
                        Judie
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Margo,
I just love reading your entries.  Tell me about your quilts!  I used to quilt all the time, but my eyes are getting bad and my sister had to finish up some that I had started...all my UFO's.  She and my other sister still quilt all the time, and I love to see what they're doing and I still look at the books.  Now I crochet and knit.  The stitches are SOOOO much bigger and I can see them.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi folks,
    I just found fava beans at amazon both green and dried. The green 1.49 and the dried 3.29 a pound. A much better price.
              judie
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Hi Patsy...

I know what you mean when you talk about fading eye sight (i often think that it's Our Lord slowly turning the lights out!!!) YIPES  :shock:  Or maybe He does that so that we don't see all the wrinkles coming so clearly!!  :thumbsup:

I never really enjoyed working with all those little pieces...and as my eyesight fades, the pieces i use get larger and larger.  If you want to take a look at some of my quilts, you can see them at:

http://www.ModernArtQuilts.com  It's not all of them, but you can get an idea...

The quilt i'm working on now is extremely simple...but very colorful. Right now all my quilts have taken on a sort of persian carpet or Islamic sort of feel.  I'm working with alot of paisley...i love the feel of it...

I used to knit...i loved it, but my hands started hurting...my fingers...i guess it was a touch of arthitis...but i started taking coral calcium and my fingers feel normal again, thank God.

Patsy..i do not allow UFOs in my house....what does UFO exactly stand for again?  Unfinished fabric object?  something like that?  I like to finish my projects...if i hate a quilt so much, then i finish it and put it away....sometimes if i take it out a year or two later, i like it or i see someway to improve it or something.  If not, i can cut it up and use it some other way.

Enjoy...
God bless..
margo
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

UFO's are "unfinished objects". I don't have any more. I know what you mean about arthritic hands.  I've got Rheumatoid Arthritis, but the new infusions I'm taking have taken all the pain away.  The only problem is one of the ingredients in Orencia is sucrose and I think that it is spiking my blood sugar even though I'm eating LDL as closely as possible.  Unfortunately, I grab things that I shouldn't be eating and I'm not losing weight.  It's very frustrating!!!  I'm going to check out the website to see your quilts.  Keep up the good work.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Wow!! Those quilts are fantastic.  I'm so impressed by your expertise  :thumbsup:.  You are "sew" clever.

Pat

margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

THanks Patsy... i know that my quilts really aren't what you call "beautiful" but not all art has to be beautiful, you know? 

I got a lovely photographs in a private email from another LDLer who made an adorable quilt for her little one....with a gigantic smiling MONSTER on it....just so sweet!  C'mon...share your quilts!

God bless...
margo
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Margo,
      My your quilts are so pretty. However do you think up all those beautiful ideas? I really like the kimona quilt. I think that is the one I liked. You truley are an artist. Keep up the beautiful work.
                                Judie
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

My quilts were all very traditional...nine patch and nine patch on point for the most part.  I did some courthouse steps and log cabin.  Mostly just straight sewing.  But I loved it.  You're right though, all quilts are art.  Because we live so near Paducah, I would go to the Yearly Quilt Show there, and was flabbergasted at the incredible beauty and structure of the quilts.  Aren't people clever?

margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

Yes...it never ceases to amaze me that every single quilt has something special about it.  i adore the court house steps and log cabin design but what really made me crazy was when i saw the quilts made by those old black ladies down in Alabama..Gee's Bend, Alabama.  They made the most wonderful quilts with next to nothing...using their husband's old worn out work pants and shirts.  I'll put a link... They are simple yet elegant and vibrant.

http://www.auburn.edu/academic/other/ge ... /index.htm

This is what inspires me....i just get some fabrics out of my "stash" and start to put them together.  I design on the floor of my sewing room...i just love it...and as i am all caught up on legal work...i plan to spend the day working on my current quilt top.  I like to make several quilt tops and then take a week or so and go back and quilt them all...

(was this a ful thread?  okay, so we're ful of quilts!) :blush:

God bless...
margo
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

HI margo,
      Todays the day! My fava beans came in the mail yesterday and they are in the pot as I speak. I hope they will be tasty. I think they will.  I will let you know.
                Judie
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Wow!!  Those Gee's Bend quilts are incredible.  Each one sings it's own song.  There is a rhythm to them that satisfies and brings contentment as you look at them.  Wonderful.

snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

hi Marga and all,
    Wow  I made the ful! It sure is odoriferous while cooking. At first I didn't like it then added the tomato paste and wow what a difference. Sure is yummy. Mike and ralph gobbled it up and asked for more. This one's a keeper.
Thank you Margo.    Judie
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

WOW...i'm glad you like it...i can't get past the smell of them.  Oh well...there's something for everyone. 

God bless...
margo
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

i had bought a couple of cans of fava beans a while back and made them the way i make greek fasoulada and i didn't care for it at all.....i so prefer cannelini beans.......actually, my favorite beans are cannelini, small red beans and chickpeas.....
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

margo wrote:...using their husband's old worn out work pants and shirts. 

AWW... after he passed she made the quilt out of his clothes and covered up under it for love... snif

I saw my mama smelling one of daddy's shirts one day while she was doing the laundry.  Not like she was checking it out, but with eyes closed & a smile...
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Tori
Administrator

Post by Tori »

There is definitely something about the smell of your husband, (and his cologne) that brings such good feelings of contentment. There are many times that I get a whiff of a man wearing Obsession for Men and the first thing I think of is my hubby. 
*love*

When we were still dating years ago, he used to spray his cologne on my teddy bear before he would leave to go back home, (he was in WA, I was in MT), and every time I started missing him, I would pick up that bear and sniff it.  It was a beautiful thing!  :blush:
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

i agree Tori....but it's funny 'cause when i smell Obsession i think of an old boyfriend from many years ago that was a horrible experience so now i hate that scent...it really makes me nauseus...but if i smell what my husband wears...Kourus (i think that's how you spell it...and something else he wears) i love it.  The smell i love best on my husband is the moment he steps out of the shower...when he smells like fresh dove soap and squeaky clean....

but when he's away i love to go in his closet and smell his clothing...

there are certain smells that i adore...like when my mom gave me a scarf that belonged to my grandmother.  After all the years she's been gone, the scarf still smelled like her house smelled (wonderful and clean) plus it also had a smell of my mother's which is also delightful...so i was in heaven smelling it until all the smell wore off....

wow...we are waaaay off topic, huh?

God bless...
margo
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Good Morning, Margo!  It's your topic, you can talk about whatever you want, as far as I'm concerned!  I think it's funny and wonderful how we all go down these bunny trails.  Quilts and obsession don't have anything to do with ful, Broadyway musicals don't have any relation to rice...

Sometimes I wonder if there is a way to create an Off Topic page that you can jump to when you want to make an unrelated comment.  But that might take the fun out of reading these boards.  Maybe newbies and prospective LDL'ers searching for info about specific topics are reading something important in these spontaneous outbreaks, who knows?  (ONE knows) :D
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage