Sausage Corn Thins

Start your morning out right!
Believing I Can

Sausage Corn Thins

Post by Believing I Can »

It is time to go to the grocery store, so the pantry and fridge are getting bare.  This morning, my husband wanted something besides fruit, so I started looking around to see what ingredients I had available.  I cooked some homemade LDL chicken sausage patties, diced them, and added a little bit of mashed butter beans and a touch of light mayo.  We spread the mixture on Corn Thins, and topped it with a slice of tomato.  YUMM-O!!! 
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key.
The Eagles (Song: Already Gone)
Saved4Life

Re: Sausage Corn Thins

Post by Saved4Life »

Believing I Can wrote:It is time to go to the grocery store, so the pantry and fridge are getting bare.  This morning, my husband wanted something besides fruit, so I started looking around to see what ingredients I had available.  I cooked some homemade LDL chicken sausage patties, diced them, and added a little bit of mashed butter beans and a touch of light mayo.  We spread the mixture on Corn Thins, and topped it with a slice of tomato.  YUMM-O!!! 

Carol, that sounds so yummy.  Good job on coming up with something that was totally LDL and delicious!

I am so glad you are here!

Blessings & Hugs *love*
Doreen
Believing I Can

Post by Believing I Can »

Roger Troy - We will have to try that for lunch, it sounds great! We haven't gotten to the Butter-bean Potato Cakes yet, but we are having a great time trying the recipes. You are right about the sausages being easy to make.  I have a grinder attachment on my kitchen center, and it only takes about 5 minutes to grind 10 lbs of chicken!

Doreen - I'm so glad you told me about LDL!!!  *hug*
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key.
The Eagles (Song: Already Gone)
marthasued

Post by marthasued »

I'm a newbe.  Where is the recipe for the sausage?  My book is apparetly the old one tho I just received it from Amazon.  Going to the store for next weeks food and need recipes and food lists.  I am on limited income and need cheap ideas.  I dont own a kitchen aid or bullet or meat grinder.  Can I survive? 
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wJ62LcB/]
[/url]
marthasued

Post by marthasued »

I just found the sausage recipe.  Seems like I just need to keep reading.  This is all new and so different then any other way I have ever eaten.  Maybe my peabrain will absorb this soon. lol
[/url]
marthasued

Post by marthasued »

Roger I found a bullet on e-bay and "won" it at a great afordable price. Hopefully it will arrive soon.  I really just started 2 days ago.  I'm having a problem with my sweet cravings but I have failed to clean out my kitchen.  I see chocolate everytime I open the refrigerator.  Why, oh why cant I just throw it away? Its like I'm waiting to fail.  I am a insulin dependent diabetic and have been on insulin for almost 3 years.  I have been  going to a new Dr. and he sent me to diabetic training.  I am doing better and have lost a few pounds. I feel quilty eating so much fruit. I pray this takes care of the sweet addiction.  I am at the point that all I want is sweets all day long.  I have never been a bean eater but I bought a lot of canned beans for salads and some beano of course. hehe  I made a grocery list and went to walmart and would you believe someone stole my notebook w/list out of my cart.  I was so upset cause I had worked on it for a while looking up recipes.  I did good tho.  Didnt get all I needed but also didnt just go home defeated.  G_d is my strength, my hope lies in Him.  I started a support group for weight loss at my church 2 weeks ago before I found the article in "First".  I hope to share with the 4 ladies who are also fighting the battle of the bulge.  I pray "please let this be The One".    Marthasued.
[/url]
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Marthasued,
        What a rascal to steal your shopping list! How could that give anyone satisfaction? Well anyway congradulations for choosing LDL. It is indeed a gift from G-D through Roger. Just jump right in and enjoy your self. I seem to need something hot for breakfast so have a bowl of hot soup each day. My favourite is split pea soup. So if this seems like you please ask Roger and the food police if this is a good choice for you.
                  Judie
cuzican

Post by cuzican »

Hi Marthasued

Try taking an onion and cook in a little olive oil.  Then take a can of baby butter beans rinse and add to the onion and heat thru.  This is great. Gwen gave me the idea because I was craving fried potatoes and onions.

Have a great evening .

Barb
marthasued

Post by marthasued »

Thanks for the tip Barb.  Will try that tomorrow.  Martha
[/url]
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Martha,

Rutabaga's and turnips are also very good sauteed with the onions.  I make them all the time to take the place of fried potatoes. 

I also take lean ground turkey and add shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, onion, and seasonings.  It is a good way to make the turkey patties go a little futher.

Hope you find some good recipes that you will enjoy off the boards.

Hugs, Carrole
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Carol,

That's sounds amazing!! I am definitely going to buy some of that when I go shopping!! Thanks for that!!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
marthasued

Post by marthasued »

Carrole,  money is short so cant go to the store till next month and trying to use what I have.  Any ideas for carrots?  I don't like them raw and have 2 bags that were given to me.  Anyone with  ideas.  I alway loaded them with butter and brown sugar and thats a no no.  I started a page on my Word program and I cut & paste all the hints so I don't have to look them up again.  Will definitely c & P your ideas.  Thanks Carrole.  Martha
[/url]
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Carrole,
Mine is simple but I think it is good. I just steam my carrots and then when they are tender I drain any excess juice and then spray them with ICBINB spray. I also will sometimes squeeze some fresh lemon juice on them and cook them with some fresh pressed garlic and it is yummy!!
Hope this helps a little!
Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Cook your carrots until they are soft, anyway that's convenient for you.  Set them aside.  Saute some onion in EVOO until soft.  Add carrots, a can or two of drained and rinsed beans, any kind, and some fat free, no sugar added beef or chicken broth.  Mash everythng together and heat up.  Season.  You can put this all in a blender and puree it in batches or just leave it mashed up.  You can do anything with some vegetables and beans!!!  Yippe for LDL.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

ooooooooooo!!!! The beans and carrots sounds yummy!! I'm gonna have to try that one!!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
marthasued

Post by marthasued »

Oh me.  That sounds good.  Will do tomorrow cause I gotta get something done with those carrots.  Thats part of my weight problem is I hate to waste anything.  Thanks patsyfay.
[/url]
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

You're more than welcome.  Please experiment with beans and veggies.  You'll come up with a lot of favorites, not waste anything and lose all the weight you want.  :)  :)  ;)  ;)

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Hi Martha.

Carrots cut in chunks (like the size of baby carrots), cooked till tender, then add sauteed onions, butter flavor, and a touch of dill. Add peas if you like, too.

Or the same carrots cooked, with a little orange or lemon/orange juice mixed with a bit of cornstarch to thicken, and a dash of cinnamon. If you're craving sweets, this might hit the spot!

The carrot and raisin salad in the salad recipes here is really good, too.

Raw, in chunks, and you could add other vegetables too, tossed in EVOO, sea salt, a little black pepper, and roast at about 400° until tender. This really makes carrots, beets, or parsnips sweet!

Or if you have other vegetables -- broccoli, cauliflower, green or wax beans, cabbage or other greens.... most anything will do. Cook until tender or tender-crunchy, however you prefer. Toss in some white beans or cannellini beans, and splash in some Italian salad dressing, or any salad dressing. Makes a nice chunky salad. I like salads with lettuce and greens, but not for an everyday thing. But the veggie and bean salads are great! You could even do this carrot/bean salad with no other vegetables, and I bet it would be a tasty treat.

If you come up with some other combinations, please share them!

Good luck!

Terri