Sausage Corn Thins

Start your morning out right!
patsyfay
Master Member

Re: Sausage Corn Thins

Post by patsyfay »

Wonderful ideas, Terri!  I agree about roasting them.  They develop such a deep, sweet flavor.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

marthasued

Post by marthasued »

All you people must be bean connoisseurs.  Yall talk about beans I never heard of like cannellini and apparently nobody in Quitman grocery knows what they are either.  There are so many beans that I have not even tried in my 57 years.  I have so many beans to try.  I really liked your ideas Terri.  Especially the orange juice w/corn starch.  Will let yall know what I came up with.  Yall have a great day now.....Martha
PS.  Yes, I am from the deep south and we really talk this way.  hehe
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wJ62LcB/]
[/url]
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Martha,
Where do you live? I live in Lizella, Ga.

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
cuzican

Post by cuzican »

Well that was a first.  I had a reply and don't know what I hit but its gone.  I will try again.  I had a friend that lived in Biloxi MS. She passed on several years ago but  you remind me of her so much.  What a sweet nature and kind heart  you have.  Even the same glasses.  She owned a cafe in the small town I lived in and I worked for her thru high school.  Then when I started to work for a Doctor in our town I worked with her sister for alot of years.  Some of the best cooks I have ever known. Well what a trip down memory lane.  She always said Miss before your name.  and Yall.  This plan is great and the cost involved are so much less then other plans.  The support system is totally awesome. You can do this Martha.  We all can.

*hug*Barb
marthasued

Post by marthasued »

You guys, (thats in my yankee accent), I am originally from Pascagoula, MS.  Home of the famous Ingalls Shipbuilding.  I now live in a little town called Quitman, MS.  I have a sister in GA. one in Gulfport, MS, one in Pascagoula also 1 brother in Pascagoula and one in Shubuta, MS. 
We do try to use our manners and say "Yes Mam an No Mam"  Yall must know I am a horrible speller so just chuckle alone with me on those mispelled words.  Where is Lizella, Ga?  Are you near Atlanta?  My sis is.  Well all this typing has made me work up a hunger so I'm off to make some popcorn.  Good Night all.  Martha
[/url]
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Martha,
I have allot of family in Ms. My mom has 12 brothers and sisters and out of them I have around 160 cousins and counting! They all live in Crystal Springs, Georgetown, and Hopewell. But Lizella, Ga is about 2 1/2 hrs south of Atlanta. I live in the country, Lizella has two small gas stations, small grocery store, dollar store, and an Ace Hardware. We don't even have any red lights. All of these stores are within a 1/2 mile. I live in the woods about 15 mins. from this actual town.

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
marthasued

Post by marthasued »

Tina that sounds like a really nice place to live.  Quitman has 2 grocery stores and 4 dollar stores.  We love those dollar stores.  We also have 3 red lights so guess this is big city living.  I do live in a residential area that has older folks, retired, so its nice and quite. (most of the time).  Well yall have a good nights rest and wil talk to you later.  Blessings to you....Martha
[/url]
astekat

Post by astekat »

What are corn thins- the brand name etc? in nj and i don't remember seeing anything in the supermarket called corn thins! thanks
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Welcome Astekat!! It is great to have you here! They are by Real Foods and are called Original Corn Thins. You don't want any of the other flavored kinds, only the original flavor. I don't have any stores around me that carry them but you can order them online. Many people order theirs from amazon.com but there are other places you can find them online too.
Hope this helps! :)
Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
docsal
New, but learning

Post by docsal »

FYI to the Newbie. I am a newbie too and have been having my share of success and failures too. It is kind of interesting at first but we will make it. My problem is not diabetes but Metabolic Syndrome. IT is like a prediabetes problem, Insulin Resistance is one component. My best friend who is diabetic started the program with me and she was very afraid at first of all the fruit. She is what I call a "sweetie". She is a sweet person but she is also a SWEET person, meaning you cant trust her alone in a candy store or she will eat you out of house and home in there. She HAD to have deserts at every meal and then sometimes that would just have to roll over into a little past meals and between meals and all that. She just could not be around any kind of cake, pie, candy or anything even remotely like it or she would HAVE TO TRY IT. I tried everything to get her to stop this compulsion. Finally when I found out about LDL i talked her into trying it with me. She has done SO WELL on this. Her craving for sweets is GONE!! She has started losing weight for the first time in .... ever... and her HgA1C has come down to a 5!!!! I am aiming for a 4. When we get her to a 4 I have to buy her a new outfit. I have not had near the success that she has had, but i have had some small successes. I have a lot of stress and i feel that it contributes to my weight in a negative way. Plus I have a husband who tries to micromanage every morsel of food that I put into my mouth. That with him reminding me of how much I weigh is not helping. SO, I will be coming to these blogs more often now. i keep forgetting that i have this blog to find support and encouragement. I just remembered today and am making myself a note. God bless you and may you have MUCH success with this way of life. Sal