I'm new with a question....

Start your morning out right!
pukabear

I'm new with a question....

Post by pukabear »

Hello all!
I am currently on a low carb diet, if I swich to this plan will I gain all my weight back???
Also, I don't like beans...can I be on this diet and not like beans? It seems as though they are important on the plan.
greenheron

Re: I'm new with a question....

Post by greenheron »

Although I don't know of anyone else who has come straight here from LC, it's my guess that you won't gain "all the weight back."  You will probably gain some, as your body does a shift into appreciating all the fruit and starchy carbs you're eating.  Since you've dampened your appetite with LC, you're likely to experience a BIG appetite and some cravings you haven't had for a while.  If you follow the plan for Let's Do Lunch, you'll conquer those cravings and enjoy what you're eating. 

I'm not much of a bean fan either.  I do love chili, and soups, and refried beans are ok with me, and I like hummus.  You can very nicely disguise beans in them.  Beans are a great part of LDL because they're so filling.  However, you can eat plenty of corn, peas and almost any other veggie in large amounts, and be satisfied.  You'll want less food as time goes on, if you follow the plan. 

I've done LC in the past, too, and was successful for a while...stalled, went off LC, ate carbs, ate everything! gained the weight back.  I'm doing pretty well so far on LDL, and I'm sure I'll keep on losing!  You can too!  Good luck.
casiedenman
New, but learning

Post by casiedenman »

hi
I am waiting on my book.. ordered last week. anyone know when I will receive.

questions.. what can i eat and when? I have been eating fruit in the am.. beans in the afternoon. and at night?? what am i allowed to have and when..what is allowed at night?
how long can i munch on fruit in the am? someone please break it down until i recieve the book. thank you
also has anyone been successful with one cup of coffee and 1/2 & 1/2
thank you for your help.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Hi casie;
Welcome!
We don't eat: sugar, seeds and nuts, potatoes, bread and most types of rice.
We limit dairy, and very fatty fruits and vegetables (like avocado).
We try to avoid over-processed foods like things made with cornmeal and wheat
We fill up on fruits, vegetables, beans and lean meats.

In the beginning you are not supposed to limit yourself to specific mealtimes nor to small amounts of food. we are NOT dieting here.
Eat any time you are hungry, eat any type of LDL-approved food. That means if you want a lean steak for breakfast, go for it. If you are hungry at 3pm, eat something...

Do not worry about making mistakes right now. Just fill up on healthy foods. Your book will come soon. After you read it through, please read chapters 2-6 again twice.

NJ
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Welcome Pukabear and Casie!! It's great to have you both here.

Pukabear I also was not a huge bean fan when I started but the more I eat them in things the more I like them. There are so many recipes on here that you won't believe how good they are and sometimes you don't even think about them having beans in them because they are so tasty. I hope you will grow to like beans because they do help allot with the cravings and they are so good for you.

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
ginney

Post by ginney »

I am also still waiting on my book, but I really feel it will be here tomorrow.  I drink 3-4 cups of coffee every morning.  I  really haven't seen anything on the message boards that I have read so far that mention coffee.  I do drink it black, no cream or sugar.  Is it allowed or no?
dragonfly!

Post by dragonfly! »

I have the same question regarding daily coffee, but I'm a 1 cup a day drinker.  Is coffee ok?
I WILL REACH MY GOAL!
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Most a.m. coffee drinkers don't realize it, but their morning cups of coffee set their bodies up for a rollercoaster day of highs and lows, only to bottom out at the point of exhaustion. Just a few hours after consumption, when the artificial high dies down, many people may reach for more coffee or something sugary to get another lift, leading to daily fluctuations in energy and alertness, and possibly to eventual chronic adrenal exhaustion.

Within five minutes after you drink your morning coffee, the caffeine begins to stimulate your central nervous system, triggering the release of stress hormones in your body, causing a stress ("fight or flight" ) response. The stress hormones are useful if you need to prepare yourself to fight or flee a dangerous situation, but if you are simply sitting at your desk you may feel a short charge of alertness, quickly followed by feelings of agitation. Within the next hour or so, after the stress response dissipates, you will probably feel more tired and hungry. At these low-energy times, many people reach for another cup of coffee, or eat a snack that is often high in sugar to "pep up" and stay alert. However, both caffeine and sugar only give you temporary feelings of increased energy, which quickly dissipate. For some people, this cycle of low energy followed by an infusion of caffeine or food continues the entire day -- leaving them feeling exhausted and unable to focus by 3:00 p.m. because they are drained from the ups and downs in energy their body endured throughout the day.

The rest of this interesting item is at this address:  http://www.naturalnews.com/012352.html

You might consider weaning yourself off the caffeinated coffee (and colas), if that is what you drink.

Hope you can make it work for you.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

ginney

Post by ginney »

Thanks Pat, I can drink decaf or I believe I can get off of it all together, what about teas?  I guess I need to find more about drinks that are good for LDL.  I'll get there, I have God on my side, and all the supporters here.  :angel:
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

A lot of us drink tea!  Roger thinks that a glassful/cupful of green tea is one of the most beneficial things you can put in your body. I drink green decaf tea!  Try what some of the other newbies are using in the hot weather:  regular or seltzer water with crushed frozen fruit and stevia sweetener.  Sounds good to me!

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

photojenics
New, but learning

Post by photojenics »

I had to go cold turkey on caffeine about two years ago, and had a terrible headache for two weeks. I would suggest switching to tea (true teas made from the Camellia sinensis plant) which still has caffeine, but a lot less than coffee. White teas have the least, followed by Green then Black teas. (Although there is some conflicting information about the actual amounts of caffeine.)

I try to buy loose leaf, free trade organic teas when I can afford it. Rishi is my favorite brand so far. I usually only have one or two cups of any of the caffeinated teas, and drink mostly Rooibos teas on average. I always make my tea using the water from my Brita filter. In fact, that's the only water I drink too. I hardly ever drink anything else. It took me a long time to get used to "just" water, but now I don't like to anything else hardly at all.
Jen in N TX

skira
New, but learning

Post by skira »

I'm a tea drinker and have been for a long time, But what is weird ( well to me it is I'm not really sure ), I've not really wanted my tea in the morning when I get up since I started LDL.  I make my smoothie & have that, after the 3rd day of having the smoothies I've not wanted my tea in the mornings, and have not had one since, (am on my 10th day), I might have a cup of tea in the early evening but I mostly think that is out of having a cup with my hubby after our day. 
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXTPbDe/]
ginney

Post by ginney »

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions.  I have written them down and will try them.  I actually have decaf green tea from before.  Like I said, I have tried everything.  I was disappointe today, because I really thought I would get my book today.  I am going to officially start on Saturday.  I was rather disappointed today because I really thought I would get my book today, but I didn't, well maybe tomorrow.  I have enough to go for my groceries so I can start.  I'll be in touch and let you all know how it goes.  Have a wonderful day, and God bless.... :happy:
dgi
New, but learning

Post by dgi »

Hi pukabear,
I'm also a newby (3 days) & also am  not a big fan of beans. I particularly dislike butter beans, but made Bills mashed potatoes for my husband (also doing ldl with me) & couldn't believe how much I really liked them. Pigged out on them actually. There are so many recipies to try that you can find something that you do like to stay with the program.
What really amazes me is the major decrease in hunger pangs in the evening. Most of my excess poundage is from evening snacking, so this is huge for me.
Good luck!