Day one

Start your morning out right!
dancemom

Day one

Post by dancemom »

Good Morning:  I think I didn't do something quite right already.  Made a fruit smoothy for breakfast.  It was good. And I had a banana but by 9 am I feeling a little hungry.  I guessing I didn't eat enough.  I have a salad with turkey breast for lunch but am fearing I should have brought something else.  Help!  I need some hints. 
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: Day one

Post by Gwennaford »

Dear Dance,

Eat more. 

Loves,

Gwen

Sorry to be kidding around when I know you are concerned.  Don't worry.  In the beginning you eat whenever you are hungry - as much & as often as you want until you are very FULL.  If you get hungry before the next meal, have an LDL acceptable snack and eat as much as you can at the next meal.  Soon you won't be needing as much food to say full and satisfied from one meal to the next.  Eventually you'll be skipping entire meals from just not being hungry.  You never have to eat a meal if you don't want it.

Carry whole fruits, a big baggie of air popped corn, and a tiny box of raisins wherever you go.  Even if you're going somewhere to eat, you can't always guarantee there will be enough good LDL food there to tide you over until the next big meal.

If you eat all the fruit you can hold for breakfast and find you are always hungry long before lunch, then add some beans, lentils, & split pea soups to breakfast.  They are acceptable anytime and should try to be incorporated, in some form, into every dish you consume to keep you full and satisfied.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
dancemom

Post by dancemom »

Thanks Gwen.

This eat all you want throws me.  But I will try it :D 
Gwennaford
Master Member

Theory behind eating until full

Post by Gwennaford »

The theory is (my way of explaining it) - Eating all you want every time you are hungry kicks your body out of "starvation mode", or the "famine mentality" that we (as a society) have developed over the years as a result of the common (but misguided) belief that the only way to lose weight is to severely limit portions and to exercise.  

That old way makes your body desperately try to hang onto every single nutrient as long as possible, because it never knows when it's going to get fed again.  Since the foods are not moving on, they settle in as fat.

Regularly feeding it large portions of wholesome unprocessed foods over time will soon persuade your body that it is NOT starving and it's okay to start functioning as God made it - moving everything along quickly and efficiently.  You will be surprised at how quickly you stop feeling hungry between meals.  That's your body telling you, "Whew - Thanks!  I'm okay now...thought I was going to die there for a while."    *woot*

We help it along by 1) eating the heaviest food (lean meat protein) early in the day to give it time to digest; and 2) eating PLENTY of beans, peas, corn, lentils and all kinds of dishes made from them, especially bean soups.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Gwen,

How long does it usually take to get through the starvation mode? I still feel hungry for sweets at night and then after I eat fruit to quench that I need something salty so I have to eat popcorn. I am ready for this stage to be over.  :pouty:

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

It is different for everybody. I wish I could tell you that in exactly 2 weeks from yesterday you will be eating less...

But for some it is 2 days, for some it is 2 weeks for some it is 2 months.  (I like the number '2' )
electricj1316
Master Member

Post by electricj1316 »

Thanks NJ! That's exactly what I wanted to know. I just wanted to know that if I am still this way on day 30, that it is okay! You answered my question perfectly!

Tina
Tina

Jason
Mattie
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Gwen,
I'm new so please be patient with my lack of knowledge but I've been on a brazillian diets over the past 40 years and most if not all limit or forbid corn and peas. I don't have the book yet but its hard for me to understand that corn and peas are OK but nuts are not.  Can you help me understand?  Eljayne 
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Corn and peas (and beans) are unprocessed, natural foods that replace the processed grains (flour, cornflour, meal, cornmeal, etc.) that have caused many of the weight problems that we have coming in to LDL.  Nuts and seeds are good for us, but Roger believes that they are too calorie dense and it is so easy to get carried away.  Instead of eating only three or four, we end up eating one or two cupsful.  *evil*  Better to just stay away from them. I am a good example...I could never just have a few nuts...I always ate the whole can. Hope this helps.

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

PatsyFaye, thanks for the prompt reply and clarification which are greatly appreciated. I just checked the cupboards and find I have lots of bean, including fat free refried beans, I have frozen corn in the freezer from my garden last year and I'll forego the occassional handsful of cashews from now on. Thanks again, Eljayne :rose:
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

You're welcome.  Sounds like you're off to a good start for something Mexican...black beans and corn.  I hope you try some of the great soup and entree recipes here on the website. 

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.