smoothies

Start your morning out right!
steff150
New, but learning

smoothies

Post by steff150 »

I've been making my smoothies with a peeled whole naval orange,a frozen banana, frozen mixed berries  and  water and it keeps me full all morning and very regular...I know some fat is got to be flushing down that bowl..LOL
mikdar

Re: smoothies

Post by mikdar »

The smoothies have keep me from my sweet cravings.  Will have to try the whole orange thing.

Mike
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wEt0sbM/]
ladylinda

Post by ladylinda »

Been trying smoothies this last four days. Have done almost anything that strikes me as tasty. They are very filling and my 17 year old daughter is liking them too.
Today was orange,papaya and pineapple with some pureed white beans and a splash of unsweetened oj. yummy :thumbsup:
jlacotta
New, but learning

Post by jlacotta »

I make mind with frozen strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, fresh banana, pineapple & melon.  I also add a couple of TBS of whey protein mix and 1/2 cup of water.  When I blend it, it comes out almost as a thick thick shake.
Keeps me full until lunch.
What We do does not Define Us. What Defines Us is how Well We Rise after Falling!
jansails
New, but learning

Post by jansails »

[size=100][size=100]For my smoothies, I use Del Monte brand fruit cups with no added sugar (but splenda), mandarin oranges & pineapple tidbits, frozen mixed berries no sugar added plain, & water.

Sometimes I  freeze banana slices & add them as well.

I've been very pleased with the flavors & filling effect they have. *love*

janet m.
[/size][/size]
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzLgCH8/]
grambonnie5

Post by grambonnie5 »

Have you heard anything about using the Whey Protein powder in our smoothies? I used some a couple of times but have started thinking that they may not be an approved LDL food so I quit using them.  I think I read where we shouldn't add them.
Be pretty if you are; be witty if you can; but be cheerful if it kills you!
grambonnie5

Post by grambonnie5 »

Thanks for clearing that up Mary. I had read in another post about using any add-ins that are not natural and didn't think we should use them. I haven't tried beans in my smoothies but I am getting alot more beans in my diet. I can't believe how they cut my cravings for bread and pasta. A miracle! I love the fruit for breadfast but really look forward to my bean lunches. Speaking of which - another question. Do beans have enough protein in them if I don't want to have meat of any kind? It's not that I don't eat meat protein but sometimes just soup with beans or butter bean potato cakes and salads are all I want.
Be pretty if you are; be witty if you can; but be cheerful if it kills you!
chipmunk

Post by chipmunk »

When you make your smoothies do you just have one glass? I make 32oz and drink it all morning I get up @ 5a.m. and finish the drink about 10:30a.m. I'm I drinking to much fruit? It's not that I'm hungry I like to drink  ;)...I like to drink about a gal of lemon water or tea.. a day...
Singing4Him
New, but learning

Post by Singing4Him »

marysimmons wrote:Don't bother putting Whey Protein powder in your smoothies, grambonnie5.  If you want to add a bit of protein which is naturally good for you and will fill you up, add some cooked rinsed & drained white beans like navy beans or great northern beans.  It's a much better option!

Mary

Thanks Mary for the help. I too posted a question about whey in my morning smoothies.
Isaiah 41:10, "Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
kristine13826
New, but learning

Post by kristine13826 »

Marysimmonds do you have a great breakfast fruit smoothie recipe you can share that uses the white beans or navy beans in it????? I would dearly love to have one as I am used to bagels cream cheese and a cup of joe in the morning and I guess that is now a no no, right???? Please if you could post a recipe you  have for that I would truly appreciate it.

Kristine
margo
Master Member

Post by margo »

chipmunk wrote:When you make your smoothies do you just have one glass? I make 32oz and drink it all morning I get up @ 5a.m. and finish the drink about 10:30a.m. I'm I drinking to much fruit? It's not that I'm hungry I like to drink  ;)...I like to drink about a gal of lemon water or tea.. a day...

Hi Chipmunk...

When you're starting LDL and you want to KILL those pesky cravings for sweets, then it's fine to have as much fruit as often as you need it.  But once you are on plan for a while and you notice that your sweet craving has faded, then i'm thinking you should have as much of the fruit and smoothies at one sitting as it takes to fill your stomach completely.  I think that sipping at your fruit on and off for 4 hours or so may cause your blood sugars to fluctuate and as a result you may experience cravings or hunger more than if your blood sugars were stabilized.

So drink or eat your fruit when you're hungry or when you're craving sweets and if you're not hungry and just want to sip something...then drink your calorie free liquids....

(i'm not officially sworn in to serve on the food police force...but until one of them reports for duty, that would be my take on it)

margo
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

kristine13826 wrote:Marysimmonds do you have a great breakfast fruit smoothie recipe you can share that uses the white beans or navy beans in it????? I would dearly love to have one as I am used to bagels cream cheese and a cup of joe in the morning and I guess that is now a no no, right???? Please if you could post a recipe you  have for that I would truly appreciate it.

Kristine

I am not mary ( obviously as she is BLONDE and I am not  :tongue: but any smoothie beans can be added too, you cant taste the white beans......... and no . no bagels or cream cheese  no dairy at all is recommended )
pharmtech

Post by pharmtech »

I am new to the program I have breakfast at 5:00Am and do not have lunch until 12:30 I am starving I have been having 2 eggs and my fruit any suggestions I would like to try the smoothies need recipes would like to add beans help
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

pharmtech wrote:I am new to the program I have breakfast at 5:00Am and do not have lunch until 12:30 I am starving I have been having 2 eggs and my fruit...

put the eggs over refried beans to add some more substance to the meal.....eat as much fruit as you can eat.......if you get hungry after eating all that, have a snack to tide you over...eat some popcorn..........but, if you keep eating until full, the time will come where you post that you need to tell yourself to eat because you're not very hungry...........niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
ready4achange

Post by ready4achange »

I keep reading that you can have eggs over refried beans for instance for breakfast.  I would think that eggs would be a protein and only intended for lunch...am I wrong?  Or not understanding something? :wrong:
ImageImage
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

Eggs are considered a light protein, like beans.  They can be eaten at any meal, but you shouldn't overdo it.  Roger Troy prefers egg beaters, but if you want the occasional egg for breakfast or supper, or if you need something that sticks with you more than fruit for breakfast, go for it!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

greenheron wrote:Roger Troy prefers egg beaters, but if you want the occasional egg for breakfast or supper, or if you need something that sticks with you more than fruit for breakfast, go for it!

to tell you the truth, i don't know if roger prefers egg beaters for himself because he has high cholesterol, but the whole egg is a PERFECT food...great source of protein....if you don't have high cholesterol, enjoy...............
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
ready4achange

Post by ready4achange »

Ok, I will have to stick to egg beaters.  My cholesterol and triglycerides are through the roof.  Thanks for the clarification!
ImageImage