smoothies

Start your morning out right!
turkkm
Master Member

Re: smoothies

Post by turkkm »

I just tried this recipe today and it was yummers!  I used about 1/2 cup plain grapefruit juice, 1/2 frozen banana, 5 frozen strawberries, a pkt. splenda, and 1/2 cup frozen cooked butter beans.  You never know the beans are in there, but they keep you from getting hungry before lunch time.  Even though I used grapefruit juice, it had a sweet taste due to the banana, strawberries, and splenda.  This was a lovely pink color and so thick I ate it with a spoon.  I happen to love grapefruit juice, but if you don't, I am sure you could use another juice.  I also want to try it with sugar free lemonaid for a lower calorie version.  I am going to get some sugar free pink lemonaid today at the grocery to try. 

I had the beans frozen because I cooked them from dry in my crockpot and froze some in 1/2 cup bags for future use in smoothies.  I also froze some in 1 3/4 cup bags for use in recipes since that is the amount equal to 1 can.  I am sure you could just use canned beans, but the forzen ones really made it thick. 

I really like smoothie for breakfast for days when I have to get out of the house quickly.  I make them in my magic bullet and pop the lid on to sip in the car.  This makes my 30 minute ride to work very pleasant. 

In case you don't know what a magic bullet is, it is a powerful blender where you blend right in the cup you will drink from.  Then I just rinse the blades off and pop the cup in the dishwasher.  It comes with 4 cups and travel lids too.  This is the most used appliance in my home!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.