Hot & Sweet Banana Treat

Start your morning out right!
niki

Re: Hot & Sweet Banana Treat

Post by niki »

mary...after returning from taking my grandson to t-ball practice on this cold,windy day,i tried hot & sweet bananas for the first time....it was really delicious........thanks........niki
BigBen

Post by BigBen »

Hi, I tried this and it's real good, especially because you can just put it in the microwave and it is easy to make.  I need easy things like this and the smoothies!  My kitchen smelled great like a bakery when this was cooking.
minnieme

Post by minnieme »

Yum!  I made this for breakfast this morning and was it ever yummy!  Thanks Mary.

Mary
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience but rather spiritual beings having a human experience.
andrewj

Post by andrewj »

This has become my daily breakfast, and it gives me the same feeling of fullness and warmth that hot breakfast cereals used to give me.  I think I will give the smoothies a miss until spring comes along.  For the time being, this is the best breakfast option for me.  For anyone who doesn't know it, my wife and I have been on Let's Do Lunch for approximately ten days now.  Once you get over the fact that some things are out-of-bounds, it is fairly easy to adapt to this way of eating.  We have tried some of the soups, this recipe, and then simply cut other ingredients out from our old favorites. I do not think any weight has been lost yet, but we are feeling the benefits already from eating in a more healthy way.        Andrew
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

I just made this tonight.  I didnt have any raisins but I had a bag of dried fruit......cranberry,blueberry,cherry mix that I bought at Sams Club and I put a small handful on top the bananas with the orange juice and cinnamon......Boy was this good I will be having this for breakfast too.  Thanks Mary this is a keeper.
God Bless
Love
Debbie
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Thanks for bringing this up again Debbie.
It prompted me to give it a try too.

Yummy!
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

NJ it was good wasnt it?????Ive had it twice since the other day.  Its nice on a cold morning when I cant face a chilly smoothie!!!!
ChrissyV

Post by ChrissyV »

Its time to bring it up again...
Absolute the right thing at wintertime..i love it
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks for the new recipe, Mary and Chrissy.  :D  :thumbsup:  *hug* Joyful Friend
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Mary, I am anxious to try this recipe. Sounds yummy!!

By the way, I am an American Red Cross disaster volunteer from Ohio. I volunteered in Key West and Key Largo after Hurricane Wilma. I also volunteered in Miami for 6 weeks after hurricane Katrina. I would love to go back to the Keys someday when it's not so devastated!! 

Take care and stay safe, Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Ollie- Where do you live in Ohio.  I'm in Maumee, near Toledo. Pam
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Pam, I am in Southeastern Ohio, on the WV and KY border and on the Ohio River. SE Ohio is balmy compared to Toledo area!!!

Take care and stay safe (and warm)!!!  :D

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Ollie- My brother and SIL live in Zanesville.  They are usually 10 degrees warmer than us.  Brrrrrrr...  Pam