Hot...Blueberry Pie for Breakfast....

Start your morning out right!
turkkm
Master Member

Re: Hot...Blueberry Pie for Breakfast....

Post by turkkm »

I have blueberries in the freezer that need to be used up.  I am really looking forward to this in place of my usual smoothie for breakfast. Thanks for sharing!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
Chelle

Post by Chelle »

Sounds wonderful!  I'll be trying it too!  Loved hearing about your 2 year old, Tina!  That is so awesome that she'll be learning early how to eat naturally and so healthy!  Eating healthy doesn't have to be yucky but we know now it can be great tasting all the time!!!!  Thanks for sharing you two!

Many blessings, Michelle
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

This is so awesome and scrumptious!  I think you could use fresh blueberries too, but cook it less.  I used the cinnamon, just a sprinkle and some splenda too.  I think its not too much since I ate the whole thing!!!  Remember the berries cook down.  For me, this answered the need of a bowl of hot oatmeal for breakfast.  I think some of the foods we crave are comfort foods and not necessarily because we are craving a taste.  My mom always made home made oatmeal for breakfast on cold winter mornings.  I loved it and it made me feel so good before walking out to get on the bus.  Sometimes I want a hot breakfast, for the comfort of eating a hot bowl of something.  (Not eggs, I like them for lunch.)  This did the trick for me. Thanks so much for posting this recipe!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Teri C wrote:Gwen,
Since your note was posted several days ago you may not read this. I was wondering if you still used cinnamon and stevia when using cherries? Two cups of cherries or blueberries and a banana sounds like a lot of food!!!

believe me, 2 cups of blueberries and a banana are NOT a lot of food.....THIS is the problem a lot of women have on let's do lunch...from dieting on and off FOREVER, they're almost incapable of eating until they're full... 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

savannah wrote:Large RIPE Banana, mash with a fork
Frozen Blueberries (about 2 c.)
stevia to sweeten
cinnamon
MIX WELL ...MICRO high for 4-5 minutes...(PUT IN A LARGE BOWL BECAUSE IT CAN BUBBLE OVER...
Note:  the bananas thicken the mixture....yummy!

i make this all the time.....because i buy the bag of frozen blueberries from costco and buy a lot of bananas from there and freeze what i don't manage to eat....but, i don't need stevia...i DO use a LOT of cinnamon because cinnamon helps stabilize blood sugars, and for me, that's what it's all about....
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Sounds Yummy!  I don't have frozen blueberries, but I do have Peaches.  Will try for "Peach Pie"  :D for breakfast tomorrow.  Thank's for the recipe.  *love*

*hug*
Ginny
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

I have tons of frozen blueberries. I pick them each summer and fill my freezer very economically.  Its almost time to pick again and I have some to use up.  I am so happy to have a delicious way to use them.  I am going to try 1/2 blueberry and 1/2 strawberry tomorrow morning.  I have quite a few strawberries in my freezer to due to getting them on sale, yum!  :tongue:
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

Hey tried this this morning, only had to use frozen banana and frozen blueberries, worked out really well, defrosted the banana first and then mashed it and added the frozen blueberries before microwaving.
jerseybeava
New, but learning

Post by jerseybeava »

Hi all, Savannah, i  know it is the yr 2009 but i do not have a microwave( and  i do not want one) how long do you think i should put it in the toaster oven? just till it bubbles It a little longer? my kids will love this as will I.
thanks
xoxox
Christine

savannah

Post by savannah »

Hi Jersey...if your cooking this in the oven/toaster oven....it will probably take a good 25-30 minutes....you want it to bubble up (like when you bake a pie)...so some of the moisture leaves and thickens the mixture....don't make it soupy....enjoy :D
terrims54

Post by terrims54 »

WOW, this sounds so good. I am going to try it tomorrow. Thanks Savannah :thumbsup:
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Large RIPE Banana, mash with a fork
Frozen Blueberries (about 2 c.)
stevia to sweeten
cinnamon
MIX WELL ...MICRO high for 4-5 minutes...(PUT IN A LARGE BOWL BECAUSE IT CAN BUBBLE OVER...

Note:  the bananas thicken the mixture....yummy
What is wrong with me?  Why did I take this long to make this?...................something so easy and so quick............and so UNBELIEVABLY DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks a bunch Savannah,
mrsj
rodie

Post by rodie »

Didn't have any bluberries so I did half bosenberries and have razeberries with the banana.It was very good,but next time I think I will only use 1 cup of berries as the 2 cups was way  to much for just me.

Hugzzzz
Rodie :)
mfa170

Post by mfa170 »

Delicious!! Thanks for your inventiveness and sharing!

The Lord is Good to Me and so I Thank the Lord  :kissed:[/font]
Blessings,

Mary

turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

I return to this recipe over and over!  I have experimented with other fruits and berries....but without a doubt, blueberry is my favorite.  I just had some of this blueberry pie for breakfast today and wanted to return to thank you again for posting it....yummers!
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

A variation of this was my desert last night.  The mixed frozen fruit was not very sweet so with the cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice & splenda mixed into the mashed bananas, I used way less of it than I would of the blueberries 'cuz I like tasting the banana most.   

Today it was my breakfast.  It reminds me of the days when I enjoyed eating oatmeal with blueberries.
The problem: instead of using skim milk, I used the liquid coffee creamer.....International Delight French Vanilla.  No wonder I often didn't need sugar......but sometimes I still added sugar, sigh.
But now!!!!........thank you Savannah for the hot fruit pie......it's ever so much better!
mrsj 
intune878

Post by intune878 »

Would you believe I can't find the "New Topic" button any where.  I feel like a silly.

Mynx

Post by Mynx »

intune878 wrote:Would you believe I can't find the "New Topic" button any where.  I feel like a silly.

to find the "new Topic" button you have to be in a board not an individual message. So like to make a new post in Breakfast foods you go here: http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/http: ... .php?f=6.0 and it is towards the top right.
intune878

Post by intune878 »

I found it!!!  thank you.  I was just in the wrong screen.  diane

mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

Just am trying a mixture of blueberries, banana, and after I microwaved that added fresh rasperries, as they were very ripe, added a little lemon juice, cinnamon, stevia and nutmeg,  So nice after a busy busy day.