Hot...Blueberry Pie for Breakfast....

Start your morning out right!
southern lady
New, but learning

Re: Hot...Blueberry Pie for Breakfast....

Post by southern lady »

I love the pumpkin idea, as it is so healthy for us and I have a can of pure pumpkin sitting on my counter wondering what to do with it and now I know...great idea...I love pumpkin pie without the crust.LOL  so now this will be my Thanksgiving pumpkin pie  *love*
leisuregranny

Post by leisuregranny »

I didn't have any blueberries, but I tried this recipe with strawberries and then a couple hours later with an apple.  The one with strawberries was pretty good, but the one with apple was yummy.  I peeled and cut up my apples and used my Pampered Chef chopper to chop it into small pieces.  It almost tasted like an apple pie pudding.  :thumbsup:  I'll get some frozen peaches and blueberries tomorrow.  Can't wait to try that.
IF WE MEET AND YOU FORGET ME, YOU HAVE LOST NOTHING. 
BUT, IF YOU MEET JESUS AND FORGET HIM, YOU HAVE LOST EVERYTHING!

Angel81
New, but learning

Post by Angel81 »

YUMM!!  I am going to try this for breakfast tomorrow morning!!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

OK I was really craving the hot pumpkin smoothie. Went to Health Food Center and looked for pumpkin puree since Wal-Mart has been out of it since before Christmas. The only canned pumpkin they had was the sweetened pie-ready stuff. Decided to get a couple cans. After a popcorn supper, I got a little hungry about 10pm so sliced up a banana and spooned about 1/3 of a can of the pumpkin pie mix over it. Then Nuked it....(I know, bad bad, but I am not completely comfortable with the turbo oven yet). Man that "crustless pumpkin pie" was good, filling, and hit the spot. Killed the craving for chocolate. I know the sugar in it may have adverse effect but it did taste good. Will let you know tomorrow if it messed up up the blood sugar or exacerbated cravings. For now I am full and very satisfied.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
TERLYN

Post by TERLYN »

This Blueberry pie for breakfast recipe is incredible..has anyone tried to freeze to make LDL ice cream??? I want to try it, I think it would be great.
The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. Numbers 6:24-26
leisuregranny

Post by leisuregranny »

Terri,
I haven't tried to freeze it, but I think it's a great idea.  I haven't bought ice cream in years because it is such a weakness for me.  This might be my solution.  Thanks for thinking of it.
Sylvia
IF WE MEET AND YOU FORGET ME, YOU HAVE LOST NOTHING. 
BUT, IF YOU MEET JESUS AND FORGET HIM, YOU HAVE LOST EVERYTHING!

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Sicialian Mama made the icecream out of just bananas and frozen blueberries..nothing else addded
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

kwilliams
New, but learning

Post by kwilliams »

I'm a brand new-by.  Just ordered the book this week.  This is the very first recipe I have tried!  My husband and I both loved it! *love*
Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about...
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Try it with sliced fresh apples over banana and sprinkle on some cinnamon. You wont even need sugar. Tastes just as yummy as the blueberry. We love both.

Welcome to LDL. You will love this Way of Eating. Be sure and post how your life has changed just by eating so healthy. It is so encouraging hearing how others are getting their life back.
Linda

wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Welcome KWilliams
Linda is right you will love this way of eating.  It will satisfy you and remove all your cravings.  On this site there are hundreds of great recipes to take advantage of.  Make sure and eat until you are full until all cravings are gone no matter how much you eat during the day and evening.  Your body will adjust itself after about a week or so and then you will fill up enough at meals not to snack in between. 
It really helps to look at others journals to see what they are eating every meal.  If you want it would really help for you to do a journal for you and your husband so you can get help with what you are eating also it helps keep us accountable.  Just think all this help and support all for free, this is a nice family to belong to and everyone loves to help.  So ask lots of questions and I will be looking forward to hearing more about how you are doing.
Glad you got your book, remember to read the chapters 2 thru 6 alot so you get it all down how to do LDL.  They suggest to read it 3 to 4 times and then scan it whenever you need to remind yourself of how to eat the right way.
kwilliams
New, but learning

Post by kwilliams »

wendysgoodnews wrote:Welcome KWilliams
Linda is right you will love this way of eating.  It will satisfy you and remove all your cravings.  On this site there are hundreds of great recipes to take advantage of.  Make sure and eat until you are full until all cravings are gone no matter how much you eat during the day and evening.  Your body will adjust itself after about a week or so and then you will fill up enough at meals not to snack in between. 
It really helps to look at others journals to see what they are eating every meal.  If you want it would really help for you to do a journal for you and your husband so you can get help with what you are eating also it helps keep us accountable.  Just think all this help and support all for free, this is a nice family to belong to and everyone loves to help.  So ask lots of questions and I will be looking forward to hearing more about how you are doing.
Glad you got your book, remember to read the chapters 2 thru 6 alot so you get it all down how to do LDL.  They suggest to read it 3 to 4 times and then scan it whenever you need to remind yourself of how to eat the right way.
  Thanks so much.  I am liking the message boards a lot.
Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about...
haneyclan
New, but learning

Post by haneyclan »

Is splenda not acceptable on LDL?
NoMoreLCforMe
New, but learning

Post by NoMoreLCforMe »

I haven't tried many recipes, but this one is a winner.  I love it with blueberries and don't need to add any artificial sweetner.  This will come in handy in the winter when it's too cold for smoothies.
Made the switch to LDL after 10 years of low carb dieting for maintenance.
vlee

Post by vlee »

I tried this recipe this morning and it's delicious.  Although nothing is like the real thing, except the real thing, it did curb my craving for oatmeal, plus it was very tasty!  Thanks for sharing!
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Kinda,
      I was in the store the other day and I did find canned pumpkin  BUT  for the small can it was 3 dollars and 89 cents! can you believe it!  Wow! I guess I don't want any till fall.
                            Judie
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Just wondering if there is a LDL recipe posted here for pumpkin ice cream? Maybe one is out there somewhere but I fail to see it?

Thanks!

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

There is a recipe for a hot pumpkin smoothie that is wonderful, and I bet you could put it in the freezer for icecream. Or you could use some organic Pumpkin Pie filling and blend it with frozen bananas. That would taste good also.
Linda

SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Thanks Linda RN. I'll look for that recipe~

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Here is the recipe in case you had trouble finding it:

HOT PUMPKIN SMOOTHIE
« on: November 12, 2008, 09:35:31 AM »

2-3 cans Cannellini or Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed (I also use Navy Beans, too).
1 can sliced carrots, drained
1 20 oz. can pineapple chunks, undrained
3 cans no sugar added pear halves, undrained
2 cans lite or no sugar added peach slices or halves, undrained
1 15 oz. can 100% pure pumpkin
(The original recipe had 1/3 cup of Splenda, but I made it w/o the Splenda and thought it was so much better, so I"ve changed it.)
1 large Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 ½ tsp. cinnamon
¾ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground cloves
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp allspice

Using the VitaMix or blender, process as many cans of whatever will fit in at one time.  I usually put in one can of beans, and two cans of fruit. (Using the large container.)  Less than that in the small container. Add spice and Splenda to one of the batches. Purée until very smooth and pour into large plastic container. Mix well with a whisk.  Refrigerate. When ready to serve, ladle some into a microwave safe bowl and heat up. Makes 6-7 hearty servings.
Linda