Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Thanks so much for posting this recipe Linda RN~ I can't wait to try it! :teeth:

SweetRose :rose:

Profile Send private message  

Ooh, what a great idea. I love the pumpkin smoothie, but never thought about freezing it and making ice cream. Duh!  :tongue:

I'm putting this on my list to try!

Thanks
Terri

I love this recipe.  So simple to make and a change to the usual smoothie.  I don't put sugar or any type of sweetener.  The bananas are sweet enough.  I now know what to do with my ripe bananas.  I no longer have to throw them out, which I usually do when they start developing those brown spots.  Thank you for this wonderful recipe.

Have been wanting to try banana ice cream. Had it today...........So good I thought I was cheating...... :laughing:  Wither

I was just searching for something incredible to make for supper tonight  and I probably should have stopped when I found the blueberry pie. NoowI've seen so many delicious ideas that will take me forever to try them all. *woot*

Jem...don't forget you can freeze bananas and they taste to good that way!  I freeze them before they get to the over ripe stage by peeling, slicing and putting them in plastic bowls.  I used to use freezer bags but they stuck together too much.  Once they freeze you can put them in bags to save your bowls.  Take out what you need when you want a delicious sweet snack.  You can either pop them in your mouth frozen or let them sit out for a few minutes.  I tell you, put a frozen grape and banana in your mouth at the same time you will never want ice cream again.  Lisa

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.....Frozen bananas and grapes!  :thumbsup:

Hi All,
            Has everyone ever tried ring peaches?  They are kinda purple and shaped like a plum but have a taste of peaches and plums together. They are really good. Something a little different.
                    Judie

I am totally new so wonder if that is ok to eat all of the blueberry pie at one sitting.  I love the idea of the blueberry pie but as a diabetic I need to make sure my levels will stay even. 

Welcome Milrose to the message boards and to this wornderful way of eating.
There are several diabetics here that may chime in, but once your blood sugars are under control you should be able to eat an abundance of fruit, but everyone is different, so I would start with just normal servings and see how your sugars respond. You will need to monitor your blood sugars closely especially if you are on insulin. It may take a week or so of being off all processed food before all the toxins exit so you want to prevent severely hyper and hypo glucemia. You will be the best judge of what and how much your body will be able to handle.

Please come back and let us know how you are doing. We are here to help. You may want to start a daily journal like BMorg and Vickiann has done and post your fasting sugars each day along with what and how much you ate and any other sugar readings you do during the day. This way of eating can only help you.

the courage to change the one I can,
and the wisdom to know it's me."

"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

I love all the helps and recipes here on LDL!!  :rose:
I'm having our Canadian Thanksgiving a week late and I am going to try these ideas for Blueberry Pie today!
I'm getting braver!  :D
So thankful on Thanksgiving for many blessings from God and LDL is definitely one of them!  *love*
Beth

I have also used frozen mixed berries when I've run out of blueberries...it's very tasty.

It is yummy and I too use frozen berries.

I've been making this with frozen peach chunks instead of blueberries and it is great! I sometimes add a little pineapple, too. My favorite breakfast!

Just made the blueberry pie and it is delicious.

Will make blueberry pie for breakfast....I think my friends will be jealous!

Donnanet, You can't go wrong with blueberry  pie.  It's addictive. :laughing: :laughing:  No weight gain, though.  :thumbsup: JF

We had it for dinner last night...DEEELICIOUS, filling and no hunger afterward!

Neets and me

Roger Troy, author of Let's do Lunch (amazing reviews at amazon.com, made The 700 Club's "Top Highlights of the Last 50 Years!", called an "International Sensation", a "Smash Hit" and the "Most Buzzed-about Weight-loss Book of the Year!" by FIRST Magazine (for women)

This one is my all time favorite treat ever ever ever.  I use only ripe bananas because I can't stand even the littlest bit of green.  I use fresh, and or frozen fruit of all kinds.  Just tried fresh peaches last night.  As long as there are bananas and cinnamon how can you go wrong?  I really miss eating oatmeal but when I make this it is just like eating oatmeal but so much better for you.  Lisa

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone

Lisa, I don't know if anyone on this thread has mentioned adding nutmeg as well, but it is really good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next