Ezekiel bread

Start your morning out right!
shoegirl

Ezekiel bread

Post by shoegirl »

I,m new to LDL and would like to continue to enjoy my daily piece of Ezekiel bread toast. It is known as the flourless bread, can anyone tell me if it would be permissible under the LDL program?

Thanks,
niki
Administrator

Re: Ezekiel bread

Post by niki »

shoegirl wrote:I,m new to LDL and would like to continue to enjoy my daily piece of Ezekiel bread toast. It is known as the flourless bread, can anyone tell me if it would be permissible under the LDL program?

i know that it's a healthy product, but, i believe it contains yeast and also contains some sugars(in different forms)...wanna post the ingredients?
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Deeh
New, but learning

Post by Deeh »

We have this bread in our local food-co op and I was wondering about it also so here are the ingredients. They say it is the flourless bread.

Product Information:
Ezekiel 4:9™ Sprouted Grain Bread
Ingredients:
*Organic Sprouted Wheat, *Organic Sprouted Barley, *Organic Sprouted Millet, Malted Barley, *Organic Sprouted Lentils, *Organic Sprouted Soybeans, *Organic Spelt, Filtered Water, Fresh Yeast, Sea Salt. *Organically grown and processed in accordance with the California organic foods act of 1990.
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

I know this looks good, doesn't it?  But unfortunately, grains are a NO-NO on LDL...except for corn.  Eat all the corn you want and hopefully it won't be long before you stop longing for Ezekiel bread.  ;D
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Deeh wrote:We have this bread in our local food-co op and I was wondering about it also so here are the ingredients. They say it is the flourless bread.

Product Information:
Ezekiel 4:9™ Sprouted Grain Bread
Ingredients:
*Organic Sprouted Wheat, *Organic Sprouted Barley, *Organic Sprouted Millet, Malted Barley, *Organic Sprouted Lentils, *Organic Sprouted Soybeans, *Organic Spelt, Filtered Water, Fresh Yeast, Sea Salt. *Organically grown and processed in accordance with the California organic foods act of 1990.

SO, there are no hidden sugars.....so what i would say makes this a bad combination for let's do lunch,is the yeast and the fact that those sprouted grains are processed enough to make flour out of to make bread....do yourself a favor and steer clear of it..............EAT BEANS........THAT will cure THAT craving...
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..