Fruit Cobbler

Start your morning out right!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Fruit Cobbler

Post by MsHeirloom »

Pam's Fruit Cobbler

Preheat oven to 350

6 eggs (or 4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites)
1 can butter beans or garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup orange juice
2 packets stevia
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Process all above in blender (VitaMix would be great  )

Spray a 9 x 13 pan with Pam
Place about 4 cups of fruit into pan, microwave fruit for 2-3 minutes to soften, if desired.  Sprinkle with 1 more pkg. Stevia and another 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Pour the egg mixture over the fruit, no need to stir

Bake for 30 minutes.  Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minute before serving.  Serves 2-4.

I have used sliced fresh apples, also peaches and nectarines.  

This is a variation of Mary's Crustless Quiche Florentine.  Without the cheese, spinach, etc.  Thanks, Mary.  Please post any variations you develop.  We love this dessert for a wonderfully filling and satisfying breakfast that tastes too good to be legal!
Last edited by MsHeirloom on July 13th, 2009, 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cindi

Re: Fruit Cobbler

Post by Cindi »

I'm going to try this for breakfast! It would give me another choice for breakfast! Thank you!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8ZhJmH/]
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

I can't imagine what eggs over fruit would taste like, but it is something that sound really adventuresome.  I'm going to give it a try!

VickiLynn
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Believe me, it doesn't taste like eggs over fruit.  The beans serve as the "flour" and it tastes like a yummy dessert!  I find that I can cut back to 4 eggs with great results if you are concerned about the eggy taste.  Also add 1/2 tsp. of baking soda to make it lighter.  Pam
Cindi

Post by Cindi »

Hi-
  I made this yesterday with garbonzo beans. WOW!!!It was really good! The eggs and beans, blended & baked, taste just like something made with flour. Thank you again!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

It's a surprise, isn't it.  We had it Saturday with peaches, apples, cherries, and pineapple.  Yum :thumbsup:!  Pam
Cindi

Post by Cindi »

I am amazed....I've seen recipes like this before but my mindset has always been beans with sugar and fruit???? UHG! But it was really delicious. I did use splenda instead of stevia though. I had a bad experience with stevia....it was really bitter. What brand do you use and did you find it to be a little bitter in your recipe? I would prefer to use stevia because it's more natural.
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

I have one in the oven as we speak......can't wait to try it

Cookie
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Cindi- I've been using NuStevia and haven't found any bitterness, however, I am careful not to use too much.  I don't use Splenda or Nutrisweet as I have MS and artificial sweeteners don't do me any favors.  I think we all have different taste reactions to various artificial sweeteners.  There was a time in my life that I thought it didn't get any better than Nutrisweet (aspartame)!  Glad you enjoyed the cobbler.  Pam
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

I think if I add a little more sweetener the next time I make it I will have a winner here........was good but just not as sweet as I like

Cookie