Breakfast Egg Muffins

Start your morning out right!
dehep
New, but learning

Breakfast Egg Muffins

Post by dehep »

Egg Muffins

Preheat oven to 350.
Scramble 12 eggs in a large bowl. Add salt & pepper to taste.
In the greased muffin cups place whatever add ins you would like.  Veggies, meat, low fat cheese - whatever!  There are endless combinations.
Pour egg mixture into muffin cup, filling about 3/4 full.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
I usually get a more than a dozen out of this - depending on how many add ins I put in.

My kids love these for breakfast.  They are very handy to 'grab and run'. :kiss:
Last edited by dehep on August 7th, 2009, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image   Image
Victoria

Re: Breakfast Egg Muffins

Post by Victoria »

Debbie,

I am a egg lover so your recipe is one I definitely want to make. But, you have me confused.  Do you add the add-ins into the beaten eggs and then pour into the greased muffin cups, or do you put the add-ins into the greased muffin cups and then pour the beaten eggs over the add-ins?

Vicki
dehep
New, but learning

Post by dehep »

Sorry - that was confusing - I just reread it!!  I'll see if I can go back and edit it.  You put the add -ins in the muffin cups (make sure you spray the cups with PAM!) and THEN pour in the egg mixture - 3/4 full.  ;D
Image   Image
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Hi Debbie!  Welcome to Let's Do Lunch!  These sound deelish and a help with those challenging "grab & run" needs.  Thanks!

Along this same idea you might enjoy looking at a variation of this as a side dish:
Mary's Corn Pudding Muffins
http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=1865.0

I love these great minds that help me eat good!
mrsj
Last edited by Anonymous on August 8th, 2009, 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Thanks for the idea of adding corn, Mrs. J!  I like to  put jalapeno and chopped tomato in mine and that would go great with the corn.  In case anyone is wondering, you can use egg beaters in this recipe too, or a mixture of 1/2 egg beaters and 1/2 whole eggs.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
tressa
New, but learning

Post by tressa »

Do you just use egg whites or the whole egg?  It sounds so good, I just want to make it right!
Jeni
New, but learning

Post by Jeni »

Has anyone ever tried doing a fruity version of these? Like, say, putting blueberries as the add-in (or apples) and using cinnamon (and maybe some stevia) instead of salt and pepper? Would they burn to the bottom of the muffin cups...? Or is the fruit/egg combo a no-no for an LDL breakfast?

:)

Thanks for all the help. This LDL stuff is working, and it's pretty exciting.
Regards,

Jeni