egg sandwich on corn thins...yum

Start your morning out right!
yourdish

egg sandwich on corn thins...yum

Post by yourdish »

My husband recently asked me to make him an egg sandwich--a childhood favorite of his. It just popped into my brain to make one on Corn Thins, and it worked just great. Probably I am coming up with an idea folks have already done for years, but just in case someone else wants to try it, here's how it went.

We cooked several eggs at low medium heat till firm. We used a Teflon pan with Pam release agent, olive oil flavor. We poked the yolks with a fork, since it's important to my spouse to have the yolks cooked solid for this dish.  We sprinkled the cooked eggs with a bit of salt and pepper, flipped them over to cook the tops, and slipped one slice of fat free sharp cheddar onto each egg, then placed each egg between two corn thins, on our plates. (Be sure to use the plate, in case some chunks of cooked egg drop down.  I stirred the eggs too much, rather than just letting them sit, so they came out a bit scrambled, not all in one piece, but the taste was excellent, and the melty cheese held things together pretty well. We'll do this again.)
Happiness is frozen grapes and warm friends!

Give in to your bean cravings!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyfSlc2/
CodingQueen
Master Member

Re: egg sandwich on corn thins...yum

Post by CodingQueen »

yourdish,

I don't mean to laugh...but I can only imagine the two of you standing over the stove with your spatula in each hand, watching the eggs cook with the details that you gave....I'm sorry, I needed a good laugh....I'm not having a good day or night for that matter so please forgive me...I'm glad it turned out OK...my son does the same thing and calls it his Egg McCornThin...it must be good or he wouldn't make so many of them.

CQ
yourdish

Post by yourdish »

Chuckle...yeah, I did go into some excessive detail. And sure 'nuff I was probably studying those eggs and clutching my spatula. Guess most folks have made egg sandwiches before: I had never heard of them until meeting my husband. The slice of ff sharp cheddar is a must for the total effect... :happy:

yourdish

CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

yourdish,

Have you ever seen those egg rings that you put on the bottom of the skillet to fry eggs? My son uses those. He says that it makes the fried eggs completely round and they fit the corn thins perfectly.

He also uses them to make pancakes.

CQ
yourdish

Post by yourdish »

That's not a bad idea.. I'll see if I can locate some....though it might take a bit of the challenge out of the task, (wink. ) Sorry you've had a tough day and night recently. Hope things are looking up by now.

yourdish

CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

:laughing: OK, then do it the hard way.. ;) Just trying to help..

CQ
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Been there done that.  It was a good idea and I still eat them several times a week. lol  In fact I think someone called me a "genius" when I came up with this one. lol 

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... ic=2977.45

In fact I hope to make it into one of Rogers books someday lol