which whole grain cereals have no cain sugar?

Start your morning out right!
msscote

which whole grain cereals have no cain sugar?

Post by msscote »

I have read you can have whole grain cereals with no can sugar. Anyone know what they would be or a brand name? I am new to LDL and have not yet received my book. I just don't want to get bored amd get off tract.

Thanks to all of you,

Ms S Coté
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Re: which whole grain cereals have no cain sugar?

Post by RB Kayaking »

Ms. S Cote,

I'll wade in here and say I really don't know what whole grain cereals are made without sugar--probably Cheerios and Shredded Wheat.

That said, you really don't want to eat them because they are highly processed and you probably add milk and we really limit dairy.  Processed food adds weight.

Fruit for breakfast is what you want to be aiming for.  Want something hot, microwave it.  Hot peaches with a little cinnamon tastes like you are eating peach pie.  Fruit smoothies for when you are on the run are great.  If you are still hungry have an egg and put it on a corn thin.  Layer the corn thin with a humus that you made, add the egg and your in heaven.

Leftover soups in the morning are great.  As long as we are starting to eat smart lets get rid of what we think (advertisers) have ingrained into us.  Fruit, beans, soups, eggs--they are all good for breakfast.

Keep asking those questions.  Someone will always answer.

RB Kayaking
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I am new to this eating program.  What about Oatmeal without milk in the mornings?  Is there any other hot cereal that is ok?
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

wendysgoodnews oatmeal is a processed food so its a no no.  Remember unprocessed food lose weigh...processed food gain weigh.  You can have all the fresh fruits, eggs, meatless soups, beans that you want for breakfast.  Then have your meats for lunch with beans, fruits and then for dinner have just fruits if you can.  Right now your new to this way of eating, so they want you to eat all you can eat until your full. If you get hungry between meals then eat.. your goal is to get to where you only eat at meal times and no snacking.  It does not take long before your body makes you cut down on the amount you eat.  I have been doing LDL for 2 months now, and some times I have to remind myself to eat lunch or dinner, because I am not as hungry as before.  And before you know it you will not want the oatmeal, or cereals.  If you want something hot for breakfast try the blueberry pie in our recipes section.  But remember to read you book over and over, each time you read it you find some thing you missed before.  You have found a wonderful way of eating, that help you feel better right away, and in time you will lose the weigh you want.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Msscote,

I buy Post brand Shredded Wheat Original and eat ONE of the logs with a whole sliced banana or a cup of berries and about 1/2 cup of skim milk.  Because I like my cereal with sugar, I also use 1 packet of Truvia.  However, remember cereal for breakfast is not to be eaten every day. I didn't eat cereal for the first two months, only fruit, fruit smoothies, Blueberry Pie (in the Breakfast recipes).  It has only been recently that I have added cereal because I am close to my goal weight.

The reply from RB is also right on!  "Leftover soups in the morning are great.  As long as we are starting to eat smart lets get rid of what we think (advertisers) have ingrained into us.  Fruit, beans, soups, eggs--they are all good for breakfast."  I had bean soup for breakfast the other day and my husband thought I was crazy  ;D .
Last edited by VickiLynn on November 9th, 2009, 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
msscote

Post by msscote »

*hug* Thank you for all of your wonderful comments and remarks.  I have not yet received my book and I have lots of questions! Thank you for your support!

Ms S Cote
Halo
New, but learning

Post by Halo »

msscote wrote:  *hug* Thank you for all of your wonderful comments and remarks.  I have not yet received my book and I have lots of questions! Thank you for your support!

Ms S Cote

Oh my!  I have the LDL book and have eat oatmeal withh fruit.

Halo
Everyday with Jesus is better than the day before.

CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

If you really want to have cereal for breakfast the best thing to eat is Steel-Cut Oats, also known as Irish Oats. These are chopped Oat Groats which are actually better than the Steel-Cut Oats because they are the least processed. They don't cause a sharp increase in our insulin levels the way other grains do. But I still wouldn't eat them everyday and they will slow down your weight loss.

I would definitely stay away from Quaker Oats.

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on November 18th, 2009, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Savannah's blueberry cobbler is a great, legal substitute when you want hot cereal.  Pam
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

What is the recipe for Savannah's blueberry cobbler
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Large RIPE Banana, mash with a fork
Frozen Blueberries (about 2 c.)
stevia to sweeten
cinnamon
MIX WELL ...MICRO high for 4-5 minutes...(PUT IN A LARGE BOWL BECAUSE IT CAN BUBBLE OVER...

Note:  the bananas thicken the mixture....yummy!

People have made this with peaches and other fruits plus the banana.  I love it made with frozen mixed berries.  Enjoy.  Pam