Turkey Breakfast Sausage

Start your morning out right!
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Turkey Breakfast Sausage

Post by wendysgoodnews »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well I found a recipe for making ground turkey breakfast sausage and it was good.  It made 1 1/2 lbs so I froze part of it.  I did add the Maple flavoring.

Turkey Breakfast Sausage
1tsp Salt
1tsp Basil
1tsp Parsley
1tsp Fennel
1tsp Caraway
1 1/2tsp Poultry Seasoning
1tsp Cayenne Powder or Pepper flakes
1Tbs Garlic Powder
1Tbs Onion Powder
1/2tsp Maple Flavor (Optional)
1 1/2lbs Ground Turkey
Pulverize items in a coffee grinder with a blade.  Add spice mixture to Ground turkey.  Blend well.  Make patties and fry in olive oil until well done.
This can also be used with ground chicken breasts.
Deborah D.
Master Member

Re: Turkey Breakfast Sausage

Post by Deborah D. »

Wendy this sounds delish....If the food police gives there seal of approval I will try this.  I was talking with my husband today about cooking his breakfast for him on Christmas Day, because that is the only day of the year that Cracker Barrel is closed, and last year we went to Denny's and it was BAD  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:.  I told him I would make him sausage, and pancakes, and eggs and I will be doing LDL foods as much as I can...That is IF he lets me cook breakfast for him.....This is the only meal he eats out now, (except Sunday dinner), the rest of the meals he eats at home, and eats what I have cooked...he loves the Taco Soup and the Lasagna.  Thanks for this recipe

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Oh Deborah Cracker Barrel is our all time favorite restaurant to eat at.  We have been avoiding it when we go to Missoula now since my favorite food there is there chicken & dumplings.
I really liked this sausage and I mixed my eggs with it.  I hope everything in it is ok I tried to be careful that it didn't have anything not LDL friendly.
Have you tried the butter bean pancakes?  They were really good and other then a little hard to flip over you could not tell they were beans.  We put a little ff butter and sf fruit jam on them.
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Wendy I love their dumplings also...but when you have to eat breakfast their every morning for 15 months  :shock: it gets kind of OLD...  But now that I am on LDL my husband lets me eat at home...the only time I eat out is on Sunday mornings after church, when the whole church goes out to eat. or friends/family calls and wants us to eat with them.  I have not tried any of the pancakes or brownies, and things like that...will wait for a while until I lose lots more or until I reach my goal...but I will cook them for my husbands breakfast if he will let me.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Thank you
I did check closely to the label on the maple flavoring and there was nothing we couldn't have.  I have forgotten about seeds so will knock those way down.  Actually I didn't have any ferrel seed so that wasn't even used so I think I will remove it from the recipe.
Have a very Happy Thanksgiving
kimmer

Post by kimmer »

marysimmons wrote:OK! THE FOOD POLICE IS HERE!!!! What are the ingredients in the maple flavoring??? Other than that, it looks pretty "safe."  I'd cut down slightly on the fennel if it's fennel seeds and on the caraway seeds--maybe using 3/4 tsp. of each, as that should still give it good flavor but less of seeds which are things we try not to use too much of.  The most important thing is that you need to make sure you use TURKEY BREAST and not regular ground turkey.  Regular ground turkey is going to be mainly the fattier cuts including mostly dark meat and even skin.  You want to use ground skinless turkey BREAST meat, and then you'll be all set.

Have a great day!

Little Mary

can you use caraway and fennel powder instead of the seeds?