I'M NEW AND EXCITED

Start your morning out right!
Karen Weeks

I'M NEW AND EXCITED

Post by Karen Weeks »

I HAVE A FRIEND THAT HAS BEEN ON ALL THIS GOOD EATING FOR AWHILE AND SHE IS DOING GREAT WITH GOD'S HELP AND LOVING IT.  SO I WANT WHAT SHE HAS.  MY ONLY PROBLEM IS GETTING MY SISTER TO ENJOY ALL THIS WITH ME BECAUSE SHE NEEDS TO LOOSE 100# AND HAS NO CONTROL WITH EATING, ALTHOUGH SHE LIVES WITH ME NOW SO ITIS BETTER, SO LOTS OF PRAYER FOR US.  CAN'T WAIT TO GET STARTED PLUS I  MIGHT ADD, MY SISTER IS NOT A VEGETABLE EATER LIKE ME, I LOVE THEM ALL  THANKS
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Re: I'M NEW AND EXCITED

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I have over 100 lbs to lose and also do not like veggies.  I have been on this WOE since Nov 5th and have now lost 40 lbs.  I eat what veggies I like and I don't eat the rest.  I will make a stir fry of onion, cabbage and celery because that is all the veggies I care for.  This is a way to eat that works wether you like veggies or not.  There is such a variety of foods that your sister can be satisfied with out eating alot of veggies.  If you have the book it has a list towards the back that says what you can have.
Blessings to you and your sister and I know you will do well with this.  Your sister will come along when she sees how well you are doing.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Karen,  the greatest thing about LDL is that someone like your sister will do great!  Eating the LDL foods until full really helps you overcome the cravings.  You see, the food producers today put HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) in just about everything.  I saw a commercial the other day from the corn syrup industry that made me very upset knowing what I now know about HFCS.  :thumbdown: You might have seen this commercial where the girl offers the guy a popsicle and he says something like, "Isn't there high fructose corn syrup in that?  That's bad."  She says, "Oh, silly, it has the same number of calories as regular sugar." And he eats it of course.    *scyth* A bit reminiscent of Eve and the forbidden fruit.  He knew better, but let her talk him into it!  Well, the body doesn't process HFCS the same way that it does regular sugar -- although don't eat that either, but if you had to choose between the two choose the real sugar.  There is a hormone that triggers hunger called ghrelin (my spelling might be wrong, but that is close) and when you eat HFCS it isn't satiated and you continue to feel hungry.  We've all experienced that feeling that nothing satisfies you.  You eat and eat and eat and really almost hurt from all the food inside you, but something is still missing and you are still hungry.  You feel that you need to eat something else.  The HFCS is the major cause of this and not a lack of control, as I thought about myself.  It might be the same number of calories as regular sugar, but those calories have a different effect on the body.  I want to research this more, but it really opened my eyes.  Read labels.  HFCS is everywhere! 

Your sister just needs to find the things that she likes from the LDL approved list.  Eat those and she'll have success.  RT says so often that if you don't like what you are eating you won't stick with it and that is so true for your sister too.  She might find her taste buds changing over time.  I liked veggies, but with the stress in life, it was just easier to pick the not so healthy alternatives.  As I ate LDL, I started almost craving vegetables and they now taste delicious to me.  It's like my taste buds changed some. 

Now that I have all this knowledge about what works, I am slim and I will stay slim.  I thank God just about everyday that I found LDL -- or more accurately, that He led me to it!  :D
Last edited by crickadoodle on February 1st, 2010, 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

Karen,

When someone says they don't like something I always ask, "Have your tired it?"  Its amazing how many people don't like something that they never tasted.

Take your sister shopping with you and let her pick out some veggies and fruit.  Then go home and fix them several different ways from raw, steamed or roasted (my favorite way).  The veggies then can all be added to soup stock and blended to a creamy wonder.  Add some beans to the soup and it will make it thick and taste like cream was added.

If she is a crossed armed bean hater (I live with two) blend the beans until they don't look like beans and add them to everything including fruit smoothies.  My son always says there is something wrong with the smoothies if I don't add beans to them.  Both bean haters said my tomato soup wasn't as good as it normally was last week.  I was out of beans!

They both know that I add beans to everything and its ok, now, as long as they can't identify the beans.

Happy eating.

RB Kayaking
lpomlove

Post by lpomlove »

welcome on girl.  I'm glad to see you here, and I agree with the others.  things really do taste better then you think or how they sound.  Maybe have her read some of these posts and she will fill the love and encouragement here.  Love ya, Jess
jaydensmommy

Post by jaydensmommy »

Hi Wendy.  I'm not a veggie lover eater, but since starting LDL on 1/11 I've tried a few new veggies like butternut squash and cabbage, and really enjoy them.  Looking forward to trying other veggies.
Debbie B
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

RB, I made Little Mary's Tamale Pie for lunch yesterday and the first thing my husband asked was, "Does it have beans in it?"  I don't lie to him, so I said, "Yes it does but you can't taste them."  They are blended beyond recognition, so they appear to be cream in the filling and potatoes in the topping.  He ate it and got seconds, so that means he liked it.  Mom ate it too and loved it.  I eat just about anything, but that recipe really is delicious.  I made it once for guests -- when I was first in LDL and told them you can eat all you want and will lose weight.  They ate seconds and thirds even!  They couldn't believe you'd lose weight eating delicious stuff like that, but I'm living proof -- 47 lbs. later.  They didn't join me on LDL, but they have seen the benefits on my husband and myself.
cshubbard

Post by cshubbard »

Karen,

How have you done on this?  My husband and I are just starting.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Karen hasn't checked in for almost a year, but others will post to help you out.  Pam