Freezing bananas

Start your morning out right!
leisuregranny

Freezing bananas

Post by leisuregranny »

Hi everyone.  I'm new to LDL, haven't actually started yet.  My church is having a 6-week class on this starting next Sunday night.  I've been doing Weight Watcher's for the past 3 years and now a lifetime member after reaching the goal my doctor gave me, and have lost 35 pounds.  Due to colon problems and the holidays, I have put 10 pounds back on and am having trouble getting them off again, and want to lose those ten and about 15 more.  My husband and I eat lots of fruits and veggies ( we plant a large spring and fall garden every year), but my downfall is sweets.  I saw this blueberry pie recipe and my mouth started watering.  Saying all that, my question is this.  How well do bananas freeze, and do you freeze them whole or sliced?  How ripe do they have to be? I always thought that too many bananas (like one or more each day) would be constipating, and with my colon problems, I have to be careful. 

I love all the recipes I've read, and even printed out several.  I can't wait for classes to begin to learn more about LDL.  Thanks for all your help, and God bless.

Sylvia in Louisiana
IF WE MEET AND YOU FORGET ME, YOU HAVE LOST NOTHING. 
BUT, IF YOU MEET JESUS AND FORGET HIM, YOU HAVE LOST EVERYTHING!

tcasola
Administrator

Re: Freezing bananas

Post by tcasola »

Depends on what you want to do with the banana. I would suggest slices, especially if you want to use in a blender. Whole if you want to use as a hammer  :D
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
leisuregranny

Post by leisuregranny »

Roger, thanks for your imput.  The woman who is teaching our class at church has lost 46 pounds on LDL.  My weight loss has inspired several people at church to begin their own weight loss journey.  With the success we hope to have with this class, we hope to inspire many more people to get healthy.  With God's strength, everything is possible.  God bless.

Sylvia

tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Crickadoodle (Rhonda) will do a fantastic job of teaching your church the LDL way of eating (woe).  She is such an inspiration and you will learn a lot.  This is a great woe and you will love it.  I've frozen my banana both ways but if it will be quicker if you slice before you freeze so that when you're in a hurry you don't have to take the time to do that.  Have fun in your class!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
leisuregranny

Post by leisuregranny »

Tonz2day,

Our teacher's name IS Rhonda. Is it just a coincidence that you said Rhonda (Crickadoodle) would do a great job teaching this class at my church, or do you know something I don't?  LOL  Could it be we're talking about one in the same person?

tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Yep, Rhonda and Crickadoodle are one and the same person :-)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
leisuregranny

Post by leisuregranny »

Thanks, tonz,  I figured that out when I checked her profile and saw that she was from Louisiana.  We actually go to the same church.  I talked to her at church tonight, and we had quite a chuckle about it.  I'm looking forward to the class.  I'll be ordering the book tonight.

Blessings,
Sylvia

VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Sylvia,

You are so lucky to have Crickadoodle/Rhonda as your LDL instructor!  She is a fantastic representative for LDL -- knowledegable, caring, inspirational, and a role model for all who want to become slimmer and healthier than they have ever been before LDL.
leisuregranny

Post by leisuregranny »

I agree Vicki.  Even though we go to the same church, I don't know her really well.  I hope to remedy that by the time this class is over.  I can tell you though, that she is an awesome woman of God.  I have personally seen her faith bring her through at least one life changing crisis.  She truly inspires me.

TERLYN

Post by TERLYN »

Amen, I agree crickadoodle is and amazing and talented woman of God!
The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. Numbers 6:24-26
nanlaw
New, but learning

Post by nanlaw »

I know about the bananna as a hammer thing I did it already...lol
Hair Guru
NoMoreLCforMe
New, but learning

Post by NoMoreLCforMe »

I find it works best for me if I peel the bananas and freeze them whole.  The next day I slice up the whole frozen bananas and put the frozen slices in a ziploc bag. 
Made the switch to LDL after 10 years of low carb dieting for maintenance.