Egg whites...

Start your morning out right!
SweetRose
Master Member

Egg whites...

Post by SweetRose »

Is it ok to eat as many egg whites as you want anytime?

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
bludaffodil

Re: Egg whites...

Post by bludaffodil »

You can eat as many egg whites (or the whole egg) as you need, Sweet Rose.

Kathy
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Thanks Kathy and Roger!

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
nanlaw
New, but learning

Post by nanlaw »

What about boiled eggs I love them and always wonder about them...sorry rose I had the same question as you..lol
Hair Guru
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Nan, referring to Roger Troy's and Little Mary's answers about eating eggs, it is okay to eat the whites of boiled eggs, but I wouldn't eat more than 3 or 4 yolks a week because of the cholesterol.  Feed the yolks to the pets, who will love you for it!
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Horkster

Post by Horkster »

Gwennaford wrote:it is okay to eat the whites of boiled eggs, but I wouldn't eat more than 3 or 4 yolks a week because of the cholesterol.  Feed the yolks to the pets, who will love you for it!

Hmmmmm, hard boiled eggs, I haven't had any of those in a long time....    :drool:

It's easy to avoid the yolk of a hard boiled egg, if one is so inclined.  Although my beagle would
love me lots if I shared one or two with him...  ;D

Horkster
Horkster, Started LDL 3/05/2010   430/399/215
Manassas, VA, USA, Earth

4/05/2010 - Down 18 pounds!
5/05/2010 - 6 more pounds lost
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

SweetRose wrote:Is it ok to eat as many egg whites as you want anytime?

no, it isn't.......egg whites are protein and you should never eat too much protein...there are way too many people that did atkins for too many years and have bad kidneys as a result...
the beauty of let's do lunch is that it is a very healthy way of eating that somehow manages to trick the body by NOT making it feel deprived so that you lose weight but in a VERY healthy way.......
you really can't compare the protein in egg whites to beans....first of all, beans are so satiating that you can only eat so many.....once i was on let's do lunch for a few months, i was STUFFED after eating ONE bowl of bean soup.....
so, if you don't have a problem with cholesterol, eat the whole egg as your protein source for the day....of course, within reason.....these boards are FILLED with professional dieters(ME included)....everyone knows how many eggs they should eat.......and, wether they're hormone free and healthier is also a factor in how many you should eat.....
the two foods that, IN MY OPINION, you can eat as much as you want of is fruit and beans....but, after a certain point, you can only eat so much before you get full(IF you're doing let's do lunch correctly)
on my way to heat up lentil soup with meatballs....healthy eating, everyone..niki   
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Niki's right about the protein. After the Atkins diet became such a huge hit, we saw a lot of patients going into Acute Renal Failure. You're body can only deal with approximately 6 - 8 ounces at once. Anything more than that is hard on the kidneys. So, in otherwords, forget about that 21 oz. porterhouse steak unless you plan to share with at least two other people.

CQ