popcorn

Back posts for media
s.n.

popcorn

Post by s.n. »

hi i just love popcorn. i just eat it plain. i pop it in microwave. i usually have a bag every night. i'd like to know if it is allright to eat a bag every night. and also i'd like to know when i make chicken i sometimes bread it lightly and put in oven. is it allright to eat it this way?  i uaually put it in broiler with skin on then i take it off before i eat it. is that ok?   i am new at this s.n.
robnveronica
Master Member

Re: popcorn

Post by robnveronica »

1) You can have popcorn anytime day or night or even several times a day if you wish. Check out the recipe boards...one of our members Tress has made recipes by making popcorn into flour!

2)How do you bread your Chicken? If using flour, or breadcrumbs, or crackers...that's not very Lets do lunch (LDL) friendly. I'm not sure about the difference with cooking the chicken with the skin on and removing before eating vs cooking with out the skin and then eating. I know I usually don't have chicken with the skin on in the first place. But if I'm eating chicken at work and they've cooked "Fried" vs "Baked" and they both have the skin, I get the "Baked" and then remove the skin so that it's more LDL friendly!
3) Welcome to the LDL family. We'd love to have you post more often so that we can be of as much support to you as possible, but we also do understand if some people really don't want to join in, but can just  benefit from reading the posts! Don't be afraid to ask any ?? as no?? is a stupid one! You never know..one of us has most likely already experienced what you are, or will soon enough!
Veronica
niki

Post by niki »

hi sn......that means that a lot of the breading is on the skin which you remove...but still,to REALLY get rid of the cravings,you want to get rid of ALL the unhealthy carbs.....i take the skin off chicken breasts and put seasonings on that adhere to the meat making them really good...you just have to make sure to cook them enough,but not overcook them.........
  when i first started let's do lunch,i used to eat a BIG bowl of popcorn midmorning and one midafternoon......you can eat ALL the popcorn you want..
  welcome to our boards.....you have here a program that will give you the best eating habits ever while you watch yourself shrink down to the best size for you.....i wish you success..................sincerely,niki 
Race Fan

Post by Race Fan »

I LOVE POPCORN!  Since my schedule does not allow me to eat my protein for lunch, most days I eat popcorn for lunch and then for a late night snack.  Believe it or not, I have lost 30 pounds since 11/11/06 doing this.  Be sure to keep us advised of your progress, if you can.  God Bless & Hugs,  Dawn

>^..^< 

Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

They don't call me the POPCORN LADY for nothing!  I have popcorn on my desk at about ALL times!  Like I said, one person said one day they would come up here and there would be a "blob" of popcorn sitting here answering the phone and greeting people.  Oh well...little do they know WHY I am eating so much popcorn and the weight loss benefits.  SO, who cares what they call me. 

I had one lady from the factory tell me yesterday, "Hey, you've really lost alot of weight!".  I could barely believe my ears.  She said the reason no one else said anything was due to the fact that they are just "jealous".  At least ONE person noticed and said something...so that makes me feel so much better.

Enjoy the day!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Oh, Jeanne!!!!!!!  I'm SO GLAD that she said something!  How wonderful.  Jealousy is a terrible thing...

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Didn't we tell you that sooner or later someone would FINALLY say something to you about all the weight you're losing?! SOOO happy for you to have gotten that wonderfully proud feeling of accomplishment!
Veronica