MY Dad

Let us pray for you!
hopefull

MY Dad

Post by hopefull »

I've not posted on this thread before. Just wanted to share with everyone a bit of what I am going through. My Dad living his last days. He has been unresponsive most of the time these last two weeks. I am basically awaiting a call saying he has passes. Please keep my Mom in your prayers.
Thanks to all. I do so appreciate the support of the LDL community.
Bobbi
Kathie

Re: MY Dad

Post by Kathie »

So sorry Bobbi. Prayers going up for those that need and those that seek.
Hugs.. Kathie in Fl.
[
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Bobbi,

You and your family are in my prayers. May the Lord comfort you during this time.

(((((((((( Big Hugs )))))))))))

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I am so sorry to hear about your dad.  You and your family are in my prayers.
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

So sorry about your Dad.  It is never easy no matter how old we are to lose a parent.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  Lisa

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

God bless and comfort you and your family. Loosing a parent is aways so hard. Letting go and going on without them is not easy.
I miss my parents also.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Bobbie, my prayers are for God's comfort and care for your family.  He is always present.  May your board friends and personal close friends give you comfort.  *hug* JF
bingo

Post by bingo »

Angels be around you and your family to comfort in this time for you . They were sent to Jesus in the Garden to comfort Him and they will do the same for you and your loved ones also. Your in my prayers
rodie

Post by rodie »

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad,I will surely keep him and your Mom in my prayers.
Hugzzzz
Rodie
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Thanks guys! I really appreciate your words. I am leaving Monday am on the train to be with Mom. They have put Dad on Hospice. He is not able to tolerate food or drink so it won't be long. A blessed relief for my Dad and though hard on my Mom she will not have to watch him suffer anymore. On the bright side I will get to see 3 of my 5 children.

Once again, thanks for being there for me.
Bobbi
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

My Dad passed away Monday Morning. I was thankful I was already on my way to Colorado. I had called my sis to let her know the train was going to be 4 hours late and Dad passed away while we were on the phone together. She was with my Mom at his side. Next best thing to being there I guess.
3 of my 5 kids will be here tomorrow evening.
Funeral Sat 10am
It will be a busy time. Will get to stay a week after with my Mom.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Bobbi, this is the first I've seen of this thread.  I will pray for your family and especially your mom.  My dad passed away 22 years ago, and I remember praying about how I could make my mom's transition to widowhood a little smoother.  We did special things on their anniversary and his birthday and also for the first Christmas he was gone, we spent it in Germany with a German friend of mine who'd been asking me to visit her.  It really made the transition easier and left us with lots of good memories of those days, instead of extra heavy hearts.  I still make a point to remember their anniversary with flowers -- because it was a very special day in her life that still needs to be honored. 
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Oh, and my mom transitioned so well, in part because she began volunteering at the hospital and joined a group that sang at nursing homes once a week.  She began to help others and nothing helps us through rough times better than thinking about other people and not dwelling on ourselves.
rodie

Post by rodie »

Hopeful,
I am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you and your family as you go through the difficult days ahead.
Hugzzz
Rodie
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

Hopeful.. so sorry for your loss. We will be thinking of you all.
Hugs.. Kathie in Fl.
[
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Hopeful, Sorry about your loss.  So glad that you are surrounded with God's grace and other family members.  Love and prayers, JF
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

*love* *love* *love* *love* *love* Lot of Love surrounding you, Bobbi  *love* *love* *love* *love* *love*
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Love and prayers sent your way today from Beth(Ann)  *hug*
It is so difficult to loose these dear ones!
It's just been 3 short years since my Dad passed away so the memories are very fresh in my memory! Take Care!
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Thanks everyone for your kind words and suggestions.
My Dad passed away Nov 1, at 0830 in the morning. I was on the train headed to Colorado and had called my sister to let her know I would be 4 hours late. My Dad passed away while I was on the phone to her! I feel like it was a gift from my Dad, I was really there with him when he went.
Anyway spent a week with my Mom and just got back home Sat am. My mom seems to be doing OK and of course grieving takes time.
Good to be home