my daughter's surgery

Let us pray for you!
jencita
Master Member

my daughter's surgery

Post by jencita »

My 14 year old daughter is having major surgery on 1/5/11 for her scoliosis.  Her anxiety level is skyrocketing and I would appreciate any prayers we can get. Please pray that her pain is well controlled, that she has no complications, that the surgery is a success, and for a speedy recovery.  Thanks so much!!
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Re: my daughter's surgery

Post by wendysgoodnews »

We will be praying for your daughter and your family
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

We will keep her in our prayers Jencita
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Praying, and BELIEVING for a healing miracle for your daughter!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

She's in my heart and prayers.  Pam
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

I'll be thinking of you and your daughter tomorrow Jencita.
Please keep us posted
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

I am praying for God to wrap his loving arms around both of you to protect you, keep you safe and heal your bodies. May God provide wisdom and lead all of those helping your daughter.

God Bless  *love*
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

My prayers coming your way today. May God touch your daughter with His healing hands.  *love*

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Waiting to hear how daughter is doing.
Was thinking about her and praying on my way to work Monday.
How did you hold up on hospital food?
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Praying for your daughter and family that the surgery was a success and the Lord is comforting during recovery.

Trusting Jesus,
Julie
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Praying for you and your daughter's recovery.  *hug* JF
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Thank you all for your prayers!! I feel them. We are on day 2. The surgery was a success - they got really good correction. She has had a rough go of it - fighting through severe pain, nausea and vomitting, hallucinations, etc. They got her up in the chair yesterday and she passed out - it was quite scary.  They got her up today - she came close to passing out but didn't - when they stood her to go back to bed, she asked to walk. They walked her to the door and back. She did amazing!! The biggest concerns right now are fighting through her anxiety and pain. Please continue to pray!

the day of surgery i ate junk here - her surgery lasted 7 hours. I ate a muffin, a cinnamin twist, cookies, turkey wrap, and soup throughout the day. I really felt like I over carbed it.
yesterday I at a egg, sausage bagel, 1 rice krispie treat, and a 6 inch teriaki chicken sub.
Today: I ate a rice krispie treat this morning (I need to have something to swallow my pills with, I hide them in food because I can't swallow pills). My husband is bringing me a chipotle bowl so I should do pretty good today.

Thanks again for all your prayers!
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Jencita - who cares what you ate under the circumstances!

I am so glad to hear that the surgery was a sucess. I sure things will get better day by day. Your LDL family will continue to pray.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thank God that the surgery is over and was a success.  She should find it easier to get up each time she does it!  I would probably be over-carbing myself if I were in  your shoes.  When she is home where you have control of how your food is prepared, forgive yourself and hop back on the train.  The good thing, even now, about your eating is that it would probably be much worse if you didn't have the principles of LDL so firmly ingrained.  I was so relieved to find your post.  We have been pulling for you both!  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Pam said it all.
Prayers and blessings!
Linda

wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

So glad the surgery went well.  Will continue with prayer for the recovery
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

So glad things are going well.  It's amazing what can be done.  If she is  one of the gals in the picture, she is a beauty.  Will continue praying for a fast recovery.  *hug* JF
mylifeforhim

Post by mylifeforhim »

Jencita, Thinking of you and your daughter with prayers sent your way. 
“Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.” ― John Wesley
The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you. From a dear Friend!