My son Harrison

Let us pray for you!
Ginny M.
Master Member

Re: My son Harrison

Post by Ginny M. »

Mary,  I am so happy to hear that Harrison is responding to treatment.  Praise the Lord!  :D

*hug*
Ginny
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

I'm so glad Harrison is feeling better. Being hungry is a good sign for a growing boy!

I like cooking my beans with a square of kombu -- improves their digestibility, and it kind of just dissolves into the beans if I cook it long enough. I found it at an oriental foods market.

Here's to continued improvement!  :rose:

Terri
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Thanks Terri and Mary,
Will keep an eye out for Kombu.
Going to Health Food Center tonight
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

HI Mary and Terri,
    Got a question for you.  Does the kombu have a fishy taste? One seaweed I tasted was very fishy.
                    Judie
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Little Mary, Great news about Harrison' improvement!!!  God still works miracles through different people and  through different ways :thumbsup:  *hug*  JF
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Hi Judie.

I haven't tried it in anything but beans, and only use a piece about 1 - 1 1/2" square. I found it in a package of about 6 large (6 x 8 ) flat sheets, and I cut off a piece with scissors and drop it in the pot when I cook beans. One package lasts a long time! Though you could add more if you were looking specifically for the anti-inflammatory properties. I did have to ask for it by name in the oriental market, because the lettering on the package was mostly Chinese, with the English in really tiny text. I would have been wandering around that store forever!

I don't notice any different taste at all, and if it cooks long enough, it pretty much dissolves if I stir it around. Or I can chop it up fine if the beans cook fairly fast and it isn't falling apart on its own, or blend it like Little Mary does. I don't like that fishy taste -- even in fish -- so I would notice the difference.

If it was in fruit or something sweet it might taste funny.  :wacko:

My Chinese friend used to make a dish from shredded seaweed that was salty and tasted kind of briney, but I don't think that was kombu.

Always fun to try new things!
Terri
Last edited by tprouty on May 23rd, 2011, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I've bought this brand of kombu from Vitacost:

http://www.vitacost.com/Maine-Coast-Sea ... ntic-Kombu

If anyone is interested.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Thanks, Crick,
Went to the Health Food Center last night and this morning, reading this, just realized I forgot to look for Kombu.
Will check it out at Vitacost.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Charlotte C.

Post by Charlotte C. »

Mary so happy for the good news about your son Harrison.
                                              Charlotte
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Mary,

I came on the boards this morning to tell you Collin asked about Harrison last night.  His Bible Study class, who had been praying, asked about him.  I told him that Harrison was doing better, eating different things that were helping and that his appetite was even better, all very good.  He said that he would share the good news with his buddies and spoke of how neat it would be to go visit y'all in FL or have you back here for a visit "to show Harrison my new fort, mud slide.....".  Please let him know that he has a friend in Texas who is very glad he is better!

We will continue to pray. 

Love Y'all,
Julie (who couldn't help picking up your badge on the way to this section, probably shouldn't have...ugh! :rolleyes:)
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

But you are certainly going the extra mile, Mary.
Would that other moms love their kids that much!
Linda

MAwithMK

Post by MAwithMK »

I will Keep all of you on my prayers.  Also, I really encourage you to go to Ohio.  If that is where they treat more than the rare case, that is where he needs to be.
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

So  very happy to hear Mary that Harrison is doing so much better..   prayers continue..
Last edited by lulu65 on June 25th, 2011, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

I am praising and thanking God for this good news about Harrison feeling better AND eating like a horse, lol.  I know this keeps you busy Mary but no doubt this is more fun than what he was going through before......which was no fun at all.  May Harrison grow stronger and healthier each day!
mrsj
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

mrsj wrote:I am praising and thanking God for this good news about Harrison feeling better AND eating like a horse, lol.  I know this keeps you busy Mary but no doubt this is more fun than what he was going through before......which was no fun at all.  May Harrison grow stronger and healthier each day!
mrsj

I completely agree and couldn't have said it any better.  :)  We love you so much!

Blessed and loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.