Tennessee Valley Storms

Let us pray for you!
LovinLDL

Tennessee Valley Storms

Post by LovinLDL »

Is everyone in Alabama/Tennessee/other areas ok? 

We got word in the middle of the night that a dear friend, father of 13 children, in Alabama was killed shielding his oldest son from falling debris.  Please pray.  Three other family members are hospitalized and most everyone from our sister church there lost their homes.  Our pastor and his wife are on their way there.  They lived and ministered there most of their lives and the family who lost their daddy was living on and managing our pastor's property there  (the family served travelers passing through).  The property is now leveled and our pastor will need to perform this man's funeral.

Trusting Jesus,
Julie
mroszczak1

Re: Tennessee Valley Storms

Post by mroszczak1 »

Prayers going out to everyone that has been effected by these horrible storms.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Oh, Julie, that is so sad for the family and church family.  What a father he must have been!  That child will always remember the sacrifice his father gave for his life, and what a type of what Jesus did for us!  One day that will be a profound realization to him and strengthen him in his faith.  Our prayers go out to that family, church, and community. 

So many are going through so much.  My brother lives in B'Ham, Alabama, and many in his neighborhood had damage  -- one even had their house split in two by a tree and cars had trees fall on them.  My brother and his wife are fine with no damage to their home.  I think all the neighbors are fine physically too. 
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Our hearts go out to them.
We here in Oklahoma know all too well how that kind of devistation affects everyone.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

This blog has pictures of the family and the area and more info. about what happened:

http://www.visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/

Thanks for praying.

Trusting Jesus,
Julie
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Julie,

That's horrible about the father and the other families.

I finally heard from my mother who lives half the year in TN. She was able to find a computer and send an email. She said it's awful up there and she can't wait to get back to FL. I didn't have the heart to remind her that it's going to be Hurricane season soon.

My prayers go out to all of them and I'll past this info on to my aunt who has a prayer group at her church.

CQ
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

We have been praying for all the people there.  It is sooo sad.  On Tuesday, Country Girl, her DH and my DH and I travelled to Fort Benning Ga for our son's officer's graduation  and other activities on Wednesday and Thursday.  On Wednesday night, we were under tornado watch, because we were right across the river from Alabama and they weren't sure the path of the tornado.  We aren't too familiar with a whole lot of tonado action since we live in the hilly area of Ohio, but we have had some to touch down.  We had a new roof put on a few yrs back, because of wind and hail damage. We drove all night last night to get home.  I watched the first part of the royal wedding and caught some winks.  Then I've watched the storm damage.  My, I had no idea that it was sooo destructive.  Julie, my prayers are with your brothers and sisters---they're ours as well.  Crick made an uplifting comment. about the Dad and son. According to the Bible,  "Heaven is for Real" , and it is our consolation. *love**hug* ,and prayers, JF
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Julie, I read the blog about the beautiful family.  What a loss to his family and community!  I know he is with Jesus.  I also know that he prepared his children to follow in his foot steps.  God will be with them as a Father to the fatherless and a Husband to the widow.  He is such a good God.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Just learned this past weekend that DH's nephew took a direct hit from one of those tornado's as the storm passed through Va. He had enough sense to get out of the mobile home but the wind knocked everyone face down on the ground as they tried to run to the ditch. The suffered injuries but survived even though the trailers in the area were completely leveled. God was certainly watching out for him and his 10 yr old son that day. Says it has changed his perspective on life for sure.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Julie- I read the blog and don't even know what to say.  This is so awful.  I feel so bad for the family; what a terrible loss.  Pam
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Thanks again for praying everyone.  The funeral was last Sunday.  God is good and giving much grace.  I thought I would share one more blog.  It's Sherrie Lee's and the most recent post was of Easter, the weekend before, and it includes pictures and descriptions of their beautiful family and home.  At first it was too difficult to even look at, but somehow now it gives hope.  Please keep praying for them as the Lord leads...

http://barnhousenews.blogspot.com/2011/04/barnhouse-farm-tour.html

Trusting Jesus,
Julie
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

My, Julie, I looked at the beautiful pictures and read her blog, then the comfort notes from fellow believers.  It gave me comfort to know that people love and care all over the place.  God is the God of All Comfort.  *love* and  *hug* JF 
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Oh, Julie, to see such an idyllic place and a beautiful loving couple and reading how things were so very peaceful and probably as perfect as it gets on this side of eternity in this generation  -- and then days later everything on the surface had changed.  I know God is still the same and their love for Him is still the same and of course His love for them hasn't changed.  Those are the really important things.  I just am so sad their lives have been turned upside down.  I know there is a testimony that will shine for God's glory in this, but this is so very hard to process.  Again, God is good and God is sovereign and somehow these two things are still true in the aftermath of this great tragedy.