Please pray for our area

Let us pray for you!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Please pray for our area

Post by crickadoodle »

Because of the heavy snow fall in the north this winter, the Mississippi River is flooding many.  Our house and business will be OK, it seems, but some in our area will be flooded because of the opening of the Morganza Spillway to reduce the water in the Mississippi that would flood more heavily populated areas like Baton Rouge and New Orleans.  It just has been that in the past 5 years our area has been affected by 4 major hurricanes, the BP oil spill, and now this flooding. Any one of those devastates an area -- and this is 6 big disasters.  The people of South Louisiana are a resilient people, good thing.  Our family has been blessed by very little harm coming from these things -- we ended up having to get our roof re-shingled a little early.  We endured a few weeks without electricity -- the worst of which meant my husband couldn't build guitars, which affected our income a bit at the time.  We had the usual clean up after the hurricanes.  Overall, we really were affected very little, compared to so many others who suffered major damage or flooding. 

Anyway, I'm just thinking of those people who will be flooded -- some for the third time.  It breaks your heart to think of it.  Some who were certain they'd be flooded actually packed up furniture and everything they could save.  It's just such a sad thing.  We do have a camp on a lake that could possibly be affected.  We just put down a new laminate floor in it and we've been fixing it up.  It is freshly painted and we are just about finished getting it liveable -- so we are hoping it doesn't get flooded.  But that is minor compared to those who will lose their homes and businesses.  Please remember them in your prayers.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Re: Please pray for our area

Post by CodingQueen »

I would also like to ask everyone to pray for everyone living in Cajun country. A lot of my family members have already been evacuated because of the situation and it saddens me to see them lose everything they've worked so hard for over the years.

Each of us should take the time to thank God everyday for what we have no matter how great or little it may be because it can be taken away from us at anytime.

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on May 16th, 2011, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mroszczak1

Post by mroszczak1 »

Prayers to everyone being affected by flooding. Also prayers to upstate New Yorkers who live on the lake as I do also. The Army Corp of Eng. just sent out an email on how the lake levels are twice the normal levels for this time of year. They are letting some of it out through the Saint Lawrence river. I live in a condo right on the beach and lake and the water is to our retaining wall. Scary stuff it reminds of the lake floods of 1972 in our area where lakefront property was in devastation. So my prayers to everyone and prayers back to us please. Peace to all, Cindy
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Hearing this just makes me want to cry.
Our lakes and streams are at record low levels.
We are so dry, wildfires have slowed but has taken a toll.
Lord, we need a miracle here.
Divert those flood waters here to where the dry land so desperately needs it.
Is it any harder than parting the Red Sea?!
Spare those families, proporty and wildlife from the floods in Jesus name!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Oddly, Linda, we are very dry too.  It hasn't been raining here, but many are about to be flooded -- not due to rain, but the melting of the snow in the northern USA that is filling the Miss. River to way beyond what it can hold.  We did have a little much needed rain last week, but the ground drank it up so fast, you couldn't even tell it rained.

CQ, sorry about your family.  Are they in St. Martin Parish?  I read about the people in Butte LaRose having to pack up their belongings.  It just seems so horrible when you think that some people are being flooded so that others won't be flooded. 
Last edited by crickadoodle on May 16th, 2011, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Cindy, I am going to be in the Lake Chautauqua area early next month. Are you near there? Would love to meet you face to face.

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

We are praying for the people who are experiencing such devastation in the Miss region.  We have had rain ad some flooding.  Nothing compared to what we see on TV.  *hug*  JF
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Crick,

They were living in Butte La Rose as well as being spaced out along the Atchafalaya River. The river is how they made their living.

CQ
mroszczak1

Post by mroszczak1 »

Ollie,
I map quested that and its about 650 miles from me! would love to one day meet u too!
Cindy