Vacation

Let us pray for you!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Vacation

Post by Joyful Friend »

I've been gone to New Mexico and Arizona.  Ate out every meal.  I bought fruit for breakfast.  We stayed at motels that served breakfast-bagels, cream cheese, doughnuts, waffles, and juices.  I had delicious fruits.  Several people were looking around each morning for the fresh fruit.  I felt sort of bad. *evil*  They thought that I had taken it all.  We had 5 delicious true Mexican fixed meals.  I came home, and was down 2 pounds, even though, I ate a whole lot.  I LOVED MY CORN THINS WITH THE FRESH SALSA AND AVOCADO.  My DH was up 6#.  Those papas didn't work for him.  I had double re-fried beans.  They had two ways to fix them--healthy or with heavy seasoning.  The peppers and onions were delicious.    It was good to get back home; however the weather here is smothering. I've been reading my email and the boards--trying to catch up.  *hug* :)  JF
JerrieH

Re: Vacation

Post by JerrieH »

JF - you are such an inspiration.  You did so well on your vacation.  That must be so great to get home after vacation and find out you lost two pounds.  Congrats.  BTW what do you do for snacks at night.  I have difficuty with wanting to snack at night in front of the tv with popcorn and fruit, ldl stuff, but it seems that if I snack after 7:00 p.m. the scales are not that great the next morning.  Do you snack in the evening and does it ever keep you from losing?  Jerrie
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

JF- It is so good to have you back in Ohio posting on the boards.  Welcome home and "good job!" on your vacation eating!  I have been wondering how you are doing.  Pam
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Joyful Friend wrote:I've been gone to New Mexico and Arizona. We had 5 delicious true Mexican fixed meals. It was good to get back home; however the weather here is smothering.

I was wondering where you were -- missed you!  What you call "true Mexican" is what I love and if you choose wisely, you can lose weight.  And that seems to be what you did.  Some of the best Mexican food I ever had was on my way to Arizona many years back and it was in Truth or Consequences, NM.  Haven't had any to compare since then.  My son, who lives in a town in Ohio near you, says the weather has been unbearably hot and humid for weeks and weeks so I know what you came home to.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks, friends.  I do eat snacks---right now I snack on the shipped in cherries---they're like candy.  I'm going to freeze some to have later.  The directions say they retain flavor well.  We ate our evening meals so late, and it was my big meal, so I wasn't too hungry. We went to sleep quite early---got up early.  We didn't want to miss much.  At noon, we always ate a meal as well.  Sometimes it was a cafe---In Santa Fe, I had a roasted beet salad with their own secret dressing.  It had huge roasted pecans.  The best.  Then we ate at Ihop. They have a brand new menu.  I had egg omelets, and fresh salsa. At Gallup, we ate brunch at the El Rancho Hotel---it was in a lot of western movies and so many stars stayed there.  The Spanish omelet was out of this world. A couple days, we ate  at Cracker Barrel and Wendy's for lunch. I am grateful for LDL.  It's the greatest.  *hug* JF