Pray for health

Let us pray for you!
stevens660

Pray for health

Post by stevens660 »

Hello all,

In April of last year, I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. Before I found out, I had been eating the LDL way for about a month or so and was down 13 pounds. First time anything ever worked. However, once I was diagnosed, my diet changed to low fiber low fat, eating nothing but white bread, white pasta, and white rice. The doctors said I should stay like that until I'm in remission. I actually lost 30 lbs but was very unhealthy. I couldn't keep anything in. I've had a lot of digestion problems and have had lots of restrictions on what I can eat. I am finally at the point where I think I can reintroduce fiber into my diet, but I'm a little worried. I could use some prayers for my body to go into remission so that I can take in nutrients again. I really want to have success with this again, and I need my body to start cooperating! Thanks in advance for your prayers :D

Mel
Mel :D
jopaul

Re: Pray for health

Post by jopaul »

Mel,
Consider it done. Best of luck to you. Prayers.......
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I agree with Pam. I believe ridding yourself of processed foods will help the healing.
If you can tolerate it, Aloe Vera juice may help also.
I am a believer in Probiotics helping to normalize the intestinal track also. You could look into that also.
If you have to do the white potatoes and white rice, that's OK and better than taking in anything with wheat.
Be sure to read labels. Wheat is hidden in nearly all processed foods.
Keeping a food journal of everything you eat and how you feel each day will be very helpful in determining if the colitis is due to a possible food allergy also.
Prayers for your continued good health.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Mel, praying for your health to get better in 2012. :thumbsup:  JF
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

I will pray!