Mom in the hospital.

Let us pray for you!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Mom in the hospital.

Post by crickadoodle »

We had 2 trips to the ER on Monday -- the second leading to being admitted into the hospital. Mom was fine one moment and then she said she had a headache and was dizzy. Then she just stared. I was so scared. Anyway, the doctor at the ER said she was dehydrated and had a UTI and sent her home after administering IV fluids and some IV antibiotics. I filled the prescription for antibiotics. After I put her to bed, I thought we'd all go to sleep, but after about an hour, she called for me and I found her shaking uncontrollably. Again, that was so scary. I couldn't get her warm. We called the ambulance again and made a midnight trip to the ER. I sent my husband home aroun 2 AM and told him I'd call when we needed a ride home, so he could get some sleep. Well, finally at 5 AM she was admitted.

Needless to say, I was exhausted, but couldn't fall asleep right away. Then the hospital called at 6:30 AM to ask some questions. Then they called again asking me to get there because Mom's breathing wasn't good and her BP was so low. I hurried back there before 9 AM -- with my legs feeling like noodles. She just was so scared looking, poor thing. Then they decided she needed to be in ICU to be watched closely. Well, I couldn't stay in her room --strict visiting hours for ICU-- so I went home to get some sleep. I got back to the hospital for the 5-6 PM visiting hours -- and they were working on this lady at the door I entered -- I was so sleep deprived and disoriented with ICU, not being used to it. The lady was about Mom's size and had gray hair, but laying really flat against her head. For a moment I wondered if she was Mom -- I guess being sleep deprived and all -- but if she was Mom, Mom had really gone down since I'd seen her last (about 6 hours before). I asked them, "Is this my Mom?" I just was in shock for a moment. They didn't know me, so they didn't know if she was my mom or not. I was so glad to find my mom in her room, still not well, but looking better than that poor lady. I was very grateful.

Well, since then her BP is fine and she is hydrated. They are giving her IV antibiotics for the UTI and waiting on the cultures to come back to pinpoint the exact antibiotic that would be best. She is being moved from ICU as soon as they find a room for her in the regular area. I'm waiting to hear from the nurse that she is in her new room.

God is good and is taking care of her. I'm hoping she'll be able to come home soon -- but want her well.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Re: Mom in the hospital.

Post by LittlePrincess »

Crick I'm praying for your mom and your family. *HUGS* I'm sorry she is going through all this. I'm glad she is in good and loving hands, not only from you and the hospital staff but God as well. We are here for you.

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by MsHeirloom »

Crick- Your mother and all of you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Pam
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I am on leave tonight and going to prayer meeting, we will lift up your Mom and your family in prayer. We all have those minutes of panic when the devil tries to shake our faith, but you know the One who overcame the devil O:-) Be sure to take care of yourself, so you will be able to give your Mom the care she needs when she comes home. You are such a loving daughter, no doubt your Mom taught you that. Praise the Lord, our Great Physician. Remind the nurses to wash their hands!! God bless you and your Mom's care providers. PS:
Well the pastor sermon was Matt.6:28 "Consider the lilies". When we looked it up in our Bible, I have The Message which is a modern paraphrase. My eyes just happened to catch vs. 6:34 which said "Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes." The pastor also said, when the devil tries to distract us, remember how God has led us in the past. I felt like God was talking specifically to me in those words. So I keep 3/1/13 in mind, my retirement date and I know I am in His hands.
Aloha, Leilani
Last edited by omalani on January 23rd, 2013, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Praying for you and your mom. You have been through a whole lot. This has been a hard winter on our older folks. God is our great Physician. Love and prayers, JF
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Sounds like your mom became septic. Happened to hubby a few years ago when a large kidney stone blocked off a kidney.
Took him to surgery to put in a stint that night to drain the kidney and started some really potent antibiotics.
When the cultures came back, the infection was only sensitive to one of the older class of antibiotics, and unfortunately had to be given IV 4 times a day and so he had to spend a week in the hospital to get it. He did much better when he got the right antibiotic. Praying she is already on the best antibiotic.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Crick,

Sending prayers and good healing thoughts your way.

Mary J
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Thanks, everyone. She is in a normal room now and I'll be going to see her soon. She is looking better, but still not totally her best. I got a good night's sleep and feel better myself. Love you guys!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

We love you too hon! *HUGS* Keep us posted please.

Blessed and Loved,
LP

Post by crickadoodle »

She was even better this afternoon when I visited! She was good this morning, but this afternoon she was laughing and joking with one of the hospital workers who was checking her BP and doing other things. Looks like she isn't complaining about how she is feeling so much, so that is a great sign. Don't know how long they plan to keep her, though.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

She was even better this afternoon when I visited! She was good this morning, but this afternoon she was laughing and joking with one of the hospital workers who was checking her BP and doing other things. Looks like she isn't complaining about how she is feeling so much, so that is a great sign. Don't know how long they plan to keep her, though.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

I am taking this triple post as confirmation that she is on her way to total restoration and health! *giggles* Love you hon!

Blessed and Loved,
LP

Post by crickadoodle »

Have no idea why it did that, but it did take a very long time to complete the submission!! Do you know how to delete on this new format??
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Crick, so glad your mom is getting better, and that you are more rested. Love and prayers, JF
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I think only an administrator can delete a post, even on the old boards.
You might try clicking the edit button on 2 of them and delete the text.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

No, I remember deleting posts on the old site -- you could delete the whole thread if you were the one who started it, because I did that on occasion, when it was no longer relevant. I don't know if you can do either on here, though. No big deal, though, that the post came up three times. :)

I actually tried to delete the whole body of the post and I couldn't, but I'm going to try again, because my computer causes trouble sometimes.

I tried again and it says something about the message having too few characters! So that doesn't work either. :) Oh, well.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I remember having to ask Mary to delete a post long time ago that I had posted info then found it to be untrue or misleading.
Guess you could type in the word error......
Doesn't really matter though that it posted three times.
It was a short post......LOL
Linda

LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Crick I say we just take it as a sign of confirmation! :D Love you!

Blessed and Loved,
LP

Post by crickadoodle »

Ok, it seems they keep saying she'll get out tomorrow, but as they say -- Tomorrow never comes! It's always something minor sounding, but hopefully she really does come home tomorrow!!