Fibromyalgia

Let us pray for you!
Tori

Fibromyalgia

Post by Tori »

I would appreciate it if you all could send up some prayers on my behalf if you happen to stop and think about it.

It was discovered at the beginning of the year that I have Fibromyalgia. You can read about it here, if you would like more info, but what it boils down to are a few main things:

Severe headaches
All over body/muscle/joint pain
TMJ
Insomnia/restless sleep  (the reason I am up at 3:00 am yet again!)
Chest pain, dizziness
IBS
Heightened sensitivity to cold, touch, light, smell
Bruise easily

I've had a flare up of symptoms this week, and would just really appreciate prayer for it. The headaches/body aches are awful, and I am soooo tired. I need about 3 days of sleep. lol

Thanks in advance! I'm going to go try to lay down now. Only 4 more hours til I have to be up to get my kidlet off to school. *ugh*
nyKath

Re: Fibromyalgia

Post by nyKath »

A big thank you, Tori, for the new look of the recipe boards, and prayers certainly going up as you cope with your fibro flare-up. ....NYKath
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

You know my thoughts and prayers are with you !! Make sure you relax !! Don't worry about anything except your family, and getting better !! We need a healthy Tori !!
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
Corky
New, but learning

Post by Corky »

Tori, You are in my prayers,  and I thank you for your expertise in making the boards so interesting and easier to work with. I thank the Lord for leading me to LDL and all  of the wonderful people involved. Praise God, Corky
Corky
BettyBoop

Post by BettyBoop »

Tori, I am offering up a prayer right this minute that God will put his healing hand upon you and bring you to a complete recovery of this awful disease.

Please know that I will continue to remember you in my prayers.

Love,
Betty
Rejection means direction!!

All things work together for good to those who love the Lord.  Romans 8:28
myfavoritenurse

Post by myfavoritenurse »

When my brothers or sisters need prayer ... ask and it's on it's way to the Father.  Be sure to let us know how you are doing.  with much love, carol
Matthew 28:20b  "lo, I am with you always even until the end of the age."
Gene

Post by Gene »

Dear Tori,

You are in my prayers.

ICL,

Gene
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

Tori, I will pray for you also.  I have a friend who suffers from this and her symptoms have been helped by hydrotherapy at a local hospital...was wondering if there was a such program near you??
ANG
Tori

Post by Tori »

Thank you all very much for your prayers. I am feeling very refreshed today. My hubby and son let me sleep in this morning, and I am feeling much more rested. I know your prayers have went a long way in my quick recovery ... I know that the Lord doesn't want us to be ill!

Roger, thank you very much for the offer. If, in the future, I see things getting worse, I may just take you up on it. For now though, I honestly believe that if I take it easy for a while, and continue to eat healthy, that my symptoms will abate. One thing I have found out is that when I am really sticking to the LDL plan, (especially the fresh fruits and smoothies in the morning), my flare-ups are few and far between. I've never found something that has helped so much as LDL does as far as that goes. Truly a God-send for me!  (:

After talking with some others, I decided a seperate prayer support board would indeed be a good thing, as it helps us to be able to keep track of everyone's needs so much better. I hope you all don't mind this little addition to the boards.

Take care, God bless, and thank you again!
Tori
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Tori - I am so sorry that I wasn't on the boards this morning.  I was able to read only one or two posts most of the day and couldn't even answer - just a crazy busy day.

I'm glad that you were able to get some much needed rest.  I will definitely keep you in my prayers.  Feel better, sweetie.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
minnieme

Post by minnieme »

Tori ~ please count this sinner (on her knees) praying for you.  May the Lord bless you and heal you. 

In Christ, Mary
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience but rather spiritual beings having a human experience.
Tori

Post by Tori »

Thanks again, everyone! (:

Tess, I'll go check out that link. Thanks for posting it!
neakybird

Post by neakybird »

Hi Tori,
I work in the medical field and over the last few years I have noticed a real increase in the number of my patients who say they have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia.  I looked into it and found a lot of information on the internet that makes the case for a connection between fibromyalgia and the use of aspartame and other artificial sweeteners.  I am wondering if you have been using the Stevia as a sweetener?  I don't know all the facts about this or if it is proven, but perhaps you could talk to your doctor about it.  I am sure he/she is probably much better informed than I am, but it can't hurt to ask.
My prayers are with you for relief and recovery.
neakybird
...but I know whom I have believed in and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I comitted unto him against that day.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Tori,

I'm so sorry I didn't get to read your request until just now.  I am also praying for you, remembering that Jesus word says, "Beloved, I would have above all things that you would prosper and be in health." 

Feel better soon sweetie.  ((((((((gentle hugs)))))))))) 

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Tori »

Neakybird;
No, I've never been one to use a lot of artificial sweeteners. It was either "real" sugar or nothing for me. I've been learning how to use things like honey as a sweetener instead, or pure fruit. I do occasionally use Splenda, but it is very few and far between.

Little Princess;
I appreciate the Bible verse. I am praying for complete healing of my body, inside and out. I know that the Lord wants us to be healthy, and I *do* believe that He has the power to completely heal me! (:

Thank you both for your prayers!
neakybird

Post by neakybird »

Tori,
Hi.  I was just wondering how you are feeling and if you had any further results or answers about the fibromyalgia.

Hope you are feeling better  You are still in my prayers.
neakybird
...but I know whom I have believed in and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I comitted unto him against that day.
Tori

Post by Tori »

Thank you for thinking of me! I've been trying to take it easy the past few days, and just get myself relaxed and rested. That seems to be what helps the most. Once I get "de-stressed" so to speak, the aches and pains tend to go away. (:

I so appreciate your thoughtfulness!
(((Hugs)))
neakybird

Post by neakybird »

Hi Tori,
just checking in to see how you are feeling and praying your family is well.  if there is anything we can do please let us know.
sisters in christ
neakybird
Tori

Post by Tori »

Hi Neakybird;

I'm doing pretty well right now. It just seems like the more snow/humidity we get, the more my bones ache. I've been trying to get more rest, which helps tremendously. I've not been on my computer much lately; instead I have been trying to work around the house a bit and keep myself moving, and then when I get tired, I just lie down for a while. Overall, I'm feeling much better than I have been. Thanks for thinking of me! (:

Tori